Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

I was led to believe the point of the vaccines was to greatly minimize death and hospitalization. Beyond that required actual herd immunity from 90%+ of Americans. Did that change?
    No. It’s working just as designed. People are sick but not needing extra care
    my issue with Biden’s post was saying vaxxed people won’t get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      I was led to believe the point of the vaccines was to greatly minimize death and hospitalization
      On this note, the CDC reported this week that more than 95% of the COVID cases in the US that led to hospitalization/death are unvaccinated people.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        In my home state of Massachusetts:

7,737 breakthrough cases
        4,291,441 total people vaccinated.

To say if you get vaccinated you are unlikely to get Covid is accurate.
        Most vaccinated people won’t bother getting tested if they’re sick because the symptoms will feel like a normal cold and we are unlikely to develop a severe case. That’s why the reported numbers of breakthrough cases will stay low relative to the number of vaccinated people as a whole. It’s a pretty simple understanding of human nature.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• https://twitter.com/tarahaelle/statu...463464961?s=21

Yiiiiiiiiikes
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Best response:

Nate, you kinda stole your take from Greenwood and Yule, but it’s their fault for failing to tweet it out back in 1915.
            If they were alive I’m sure they’d be glad it’s getting more visibility.
            Best thing he can do is just tweet that he ****ed up and is an idiot for having a tyro's opinion in another discipline and he's sorry. Anything else will dig the hole deeper.

Deeply ironic because Nate's entire career has been painstakingly correcting people who bloviate without the least understanding of statistics who then come after him with takes which merely reinforce their cluelessness. He's been fantastic and the people who hate him are lame and stupid, which makes this... very funny. I hope he hasn't disappeared up his own as-shole and fully cops to the irony.

Last edited by Kepler; 08-05-2021, 05:30 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Most vaccinated people won’t bother getting tested if they’re sick because the symptoms will feel like a normal cold and we are unlikely to develop a severe case. That’s why the reported numbers of breakthrough cases will stay low relative to the number of vaccinated people as a whole. It’s a pretty simple understanding of human nature.
              Sure, I agree there will be some asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases who don't bother to get tested. But... to continue with the Massachusetts data, the overall testing positivity rate is still hovering around 2%. So 98% of the people with a reason to get tested (either because of symptoms or some other requirement) are still testing negative. That does not indicate some huge number of asymptomatic breakthrough.

I think Biden's statement of "if you are vaccinated you are unlikely to get Covid" is a responsible statement to make.
              Last edited by ericredaxe; 08-05-2021, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

No. It’s working just as designed. People are sick but not needing extra care
                my issue with Biden’s post was saying vaxxed people won’t get it.
                You know that a nuanced message would be just confused and not taken seriously.

While I agree with you that the info could be more accurate, the fact that there are so many people out there who can understand situational information and THEY are the ones not vaccinated makes it more ok, as I see it.

Comment

• I think Nate Silver has milked being right one time for long enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    I think Nate Silver has milked being right one time for long enough.
                    Lol yup.

Comment

• Tyson Foods mandated the vaccine for all US employees.

Hearing the shrieking coming from Spreadnecks is wonderful.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• My county had a previous high of 327 for 7-day average of new cases back in Jan (when nobody was vaxxed). Current 7-day average with 50% vaxxed: 504

Delta is no joke.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          Spreadnecks
                          This is genius.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• After NYC's mandate, some Rochester restaurants and bars are voluntarily taking the initiative to require proof of vaccination in order to enter.

I think this is a smart business move. I'm sure that industry is afraid of lockdowns once again. So, by staying in front of it, they may be able to avoid them, or at least have the state consider "partial" lockdowns, which keep those initiating smart policies open. Not to mention attract those who are now afraid to go back out with the Delta variant running rampant.

Between this type of thinking and companies requiring employees to get vaccinated, I have the feeling the problem of idiots is going to slowly go away. Want to live a normal life? Get vaccinated. Nobody cares about your reasoning if you want to continue to be shunned by the rest of society.
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• My employer was going to start bringing people back to the Minneapolis offices starting September 7 in a phased process. That’s now been pushed back to October 4.

Thanks, spreadnecks? Honestly, I’m a man of two kinds on this front. I’ve had 18 months working from home so far, but I’d also like the fun things in life to also not be a roiling cesspit of disease.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                but I’d also like the fun things in life to also not be a roiling cesspit of disease.
                                Sorry, this made me laugh. Horny single people everywhere can relate!
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X