Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I have no problem at all showing proof of vaccination. What I would like to know is if I have to show the actual card, or if taking a picture of it on my phone, or making a copy of it would be OK. I'm worried about losing the actual card or getting it damaged. I remember when the vaccine rollout started and I saw comments about not laminating it. I would love to laminate it to protect it from getting warped/torn/etc. If it was business card sized it would be easier to keep on me, but it's such a weird size.
    I vacuum sealed mine and it is in my wallet. I know my job only required a picture but I can't speak otherwise.

The Migrant vaccinations is doubly brilliant because it shuts up the "Border Crisis is causing the spike" BS and it will tick off the rednecks who will now be less safe than the dirty mezikens...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

I feel like this was already answered.
      Good point
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I vacuum sealed mine and it is in my wallet. I know my job only required a picture but I can't speak otherwise.

The Migrant vaccinations is doubly brilliant because it shuts up the "Border Crisis is causing the spike" BS and it will tick off the rednecks who will now be less safe than the dirty mezikens...
        I like how the Daily Show pointed out that the right is very concerned about people coming over the border and bringing a terrible disease that is also nothing to worry about.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Regarding proof of vaccinations - check your doctor's office's patient portal. If you use MyChart, you'll have a COVID-19 "app within the app" that aggregates test data and vaccination data. You can click a button and convert it into a printable PDF (which is what I did since my vaccination card is only half complete - I got vaccinated on day 1 in MA and they weren't available yet).

Similarly, the WHO and National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine are coalescing around a single recognized digital "vaccine passport" and once they do your doctor's office's EHR will likely integrate that into their system. I am following this closely and once a single option is selected I'll be working with my analyst team to get that set up for my hospital system.

Desantis and other idiots can bleat all they want about "no vaccine passports!!!1!11" but the rest of the civilized world isn't listening anymore.

Interim advice? Keep you vaccination card in your wallet, or whatever proof you have, and just get used to having that along with your normal license/ID.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Do you understand why they're recommending masks?
            No, it has never occurred to me why masks have been recommended to #stopthespread. *shakes head*

Yes, I know what the purpose of a mask is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              I have no problem at all showing proof of vaccination. What I would like to know is if I have to show the actual card, or if taking a picture of it on my phone, or making a copy of it would be OK. I'm worried about losing the actual card or getting it damaged. I remember when the vaccine rollout started and I saw comments about not laminating it. I would love to laminate it to protect it from getting warped/torn/etc. If it was business card sized it would be easier to keep on me, but it's such a weird size.
              In NYS, they have what's called an Excelsior Pass app for your phone. You enter some information, it looks up the State database (because they have all your vaccination information), and if everything matches, it gives you an image of a barcode with your name. Then, when you go to an establishment that requires proof, you present the image on your phone which they scan in and show your ID to prove they match, and you are good to go. (I heard NYC has their own app as well.)

Of course, it's only good for NY, so when I go out of State, I bring my card just in case.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/142...437377536?s=19

Better messaging but should get into details on what vaccinated people are being hospitalized with COVID. What is the data on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

My doctor told me that someone she knows took it to Staples or some other printing service, where they shrunk it down to credit card size and printed out a laminated card they could carry in their wallet, while keeping the original stored safely at home.

That way, if the original ever needs updating, like for a future booster, you can still change it, but also have proof of vaccination on you. You might want to check that out.
                  I just keep a copy of mine on my phone.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/142...437377536?s=19

Better messaging but should get into details on what vaccinated people are being hospitalized with COVID. What is the data on that?
                    I think that message was worded quite poorly. Disappointing

Comment

• So an unvaccinated Dumpy teacher at my daughter's school has been coming to school, after having gotten COVID. He thinks the vaccine "gives you cancer" and that testing is "communism." Even after they discovered this some Dumpy parents are supporting him.

Shoot the Right into the sun. They were funny for a while but now they're just too stupid to live.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        So an unvaccinated Dumpy teacher at my daughter's school has been coming to school, after having gotten COVID. He thinks the vaccine "gives you cancer" and that testing is "communism." Even after they discovered this some Dumpy parents are supporting him.

Shoot the Right into the sun. They were funny for a while but now they're just too stupid to live.
                        The sun provides life. It deserves better.

shoot them into North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          So an unvaccinated Dumpy teacher at my daughter's school has been coming to school, after having gotten COVID. He thinks the vaccine "gives you cancer" and that testing is "communism." Even after they discovered this some Dumpy parents are supporting him.

Some low standards for teachers there. Hope they are not a STEM teacher. Or even anything political, if they think testing is communism- they clearly have no clue what that is. Come to think about it- what would they even be qualified to teach? English, too, is out thanks to not knowing what communism means.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                            Hope they are not a STEM teacher.
                            Special ed
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I think that message was worded quite poorly. Disappointing
                              Better than what I'm used to seeing. So what should he have tweeted instead?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Better than what I'm used to seeing. So what should he have tweeted instead?
                                How about instead of getting bent out of shape about messaging, you take a look at what's behind the tweets and react to that.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X