Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

The Canadian border is shutdown.
    Yeah. I was within 30 miles of that beautiful land this week, wistfully wishing I could get to the promised land

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Going to be fun to see what happens with Sturgis, SD, starting this next week. Normally I start to see a lot of motorcycles heading west, beginning about Tuesday or Wednesday, and everyone heading back east about a week later.

I know a couple of people who usually go, but decided to bail this year, but I suspect there will still be pretty sizable crowds.
      Yeah, that is an interesting question. I suspect that crowd (which now probably has more dentists and accountants than it does mechanics and construction workers) is a fairly independent bunch and will be inclined to take their chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Oh yeah that makes more sense. As I said I dont know how Flo(R)ida reports their numbers alfa is much better at that stuff than I am.

(though 322 was Texas...Flo(R)ida is 252 on Worldometer)
        No, I'm not.

I just report from their official page, which supposedly gets updated at 11am. Others have live data from what I suspect is the WHO, but I'm not sure. What I was spending time pointing out was the known fallacy that deaths are declining, starting about a month ago.

Most of us are trying to put out the same message that the direct source data (with NO media filtering) shows that the issue is bad and getting worse. The degree that you see it bad can vary with your favorite adjective. But to deny that the problem is getting worse because of whatever reason people come up with is wrong, and apparently by the increased deaths- also quite dangerous.

I'm lucky to live in a state that took this seriously in March, but even now, there are bad signs. I'm hoping that this administration is very closely tracking where things are happening so that the proper restrictions can be placed. But there are millions in this state who worship the orange moron, which means that most don't take this seriously. Even when he occasionally tells some of the truth, they read into it that others are instructing him to say the wrong things- and that plays out within days via tweets.

So we just hunker down, and plan our big anniversary to be on our own in our own little contained home staying away from as many people as possible. Again, thanks dumpy, for ruining our big anniversary trip to the EU. They are opening up because they are capable of containing things- and because we as a country are not, due to choice and not ability, our year of celebration has been ruined. That's all on dumpy and his obsession with cutting programs that President Obama started along with his obsession with his image.

And what's super frustrating with that is that the last stupid R President took full advantage of a very bad situation to make him look like a real leader. The current idiot can't look at history and learn from it. And this is what you get when you lead by "feel".

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Yeah. I was within 30 miles of that beautiful land this week, wistfully wishing I could get to the promised land
          Canada tightens restrictions on traveling to Alaska.

Under the new Canadian rules, travelers can’t visit national parks or other tourism destinations. At the border, drivers will be given a tag to hang from their rear-view mirror emblazoned with the date they must be out of the country.

Failing to follow the new rules is punishable by fines of up to CDN $750,000 (US $560,000) and up to six months in prison.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            No national strategy but to blame blue governors

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...99251322773504
            Which is a good example that they honestly believed that this was a political issue instead of real science. And much of our response (or lack thereof) was because of orange moron's obsession with President Obama- and taking apart all of his programs. (which he is STILL doing- with the recent housing program change).

How they didn't see the rather obvious risk to their own states is an ANOTHER example that they are totally not qualified to run this country.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Going to be fun to see what happens with Sturgis, SD, starting this next week. Normally I start to see a lot of motorcycles heading west, beginning about Tuesday or Wednesday, and everyone heading back east about a week later.

I know a couple of people who usually go, but decided to bail this year, but I suspect there will still be pretty sizable crowds.
              Good.

Saw something that said it's estimated that 60-70% of all new infections are from super spreader events. In Civil War 2 we don't need guns, just virology.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                No national strategy but to blame blue governors

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...99251322773504
                Never viewed the virus as a health problem, but as a political issue they could exploit for their own gain.

Every thing is politics with this group. Every act, motion, issue, crisis is viewed through the lens of how what they do could best help Trump. Everything else is secondary.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Every thing is politics with this group. Every act, motion, issue, crisis is viewed through the lens of how what they do could best help Trump. Everything else is secondary.
                  Lincoln Project is butt hurt because they built a machine where every conservative thought and action was calculated to keep the heists rolling and Dump hijacked it for his personal enrichment. The rubes don't notice any difference but if the Plutes don't get their thefts they won't support the thugs.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Which is a good example that they honestly believed that this was a political issue instead of real science. And much of our response (or lack thereof) was because of orange moron's obsession with President Obama- and taking apart all of his programs. (which he is STILL doing- with the recent housing program change).

How they didn't see the rather obvious risk to their own states is an ANOTHER example that they are totally not qualified to run this country.
                    Its not "their own states". Its the United States of America, we are all Americans. That partisanship in this country has become so bad that we view ourselves as 'Democrat' states and ' Republican' states is one of the reasons things are so bad today.

We are all Americans. Any policy designed to combat the virus should have as its utmost directive to protect American lives. All Americans.

The virus doesn't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican, live in a 'red' or 'blue' state, are a conservative or radical leftist.

Comment

Never viewed the virus as a health problem, but as a political issue they could exploit for their own gain.

And yet both sides, right???

they don’t care who dies as long as the Dems are blamed

Comment

Its not "their own states". Its the United States of America, we are all Americans. That partisanship in this country has become so bad that we view ourselves as 'Democrat' states and ' Republican' states is one of the reasons things are so bad today.

We are all Americans. Any policy designed to combat the virus should have as its utmost directive to protect American lives. All Americans.

The virus doesn't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican, live in a 'red' or 'blue' state, are a conservative or radical leftist.
                        yea, and the fact that dumpy and co can't see that just shows that they are not qualified to run this country.

The fact that so many people who worship him can't see it is scary.

D's have shown at least effort that they care about everyone. And can take some protesting before over reacting.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

yea, and the fact that dumpy and co can't see that just shows that they are not qualified to run this country.

The fact that so many people who worship him can't see it is scary.

D's have shown at least effort that they care about everyone. And can take some protesting before over reacting.
                          The thing I don't get is everything Trump does is to better his chance of getting re-elected. People need to go back to work, and schools need to reopen because the economy needs to be humming again so Dump can get re-elected.

And yet they're too stupid to realize that if they'd just even had a half competent public response to this virus, Dumpie would be cruising to re-election right now.

But their brains don't work like that. Be competent, do the work, and do a good job, and people will reward you for that? **** that, that's too much work. Too hard.

Comment

• Any competent response would have likely gotten him re-elected. Instread it may now cost him the senate

Comment

The virus wants to infect you and use you to spread it so right now the virus is wearing a MAGA hat. An infection will always prefer people who meet it halfway.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Jordan Trying to get fauci to say we should ban protesting

https://mobile.twitter.com/peltzmade...20014701043713

Comment

Working...
                                X