Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Swansong View Post

    Interesting. Is this a psych hospital (guessing based on your profession)?

    That seems thoughtful, at least. Can't argue that.
    Yes, it is.

    Dx, staff have been required to wear masks since late March/early April of last year. I still have a sticker in my car that we wore for a while that reads “Six feet when we meet” from April 17. I’m not certain our hospital was able to buy up enough masks for everyone at first. We were made to wear our N95s for five shifts when on the isolation unit since we didn’t have enough for one shift each. Still not entirely sure how I didn’t get sick, other than that I got infected from my wife last March and was asymptomatic, but was exposed enough that my immune system did its job until I got vaccinated.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by psych View Post

      Yes, it is.

      Dx, staff have been required to wear masks since late March/early April of last year. I still have a sticker in my car that we wore for a while that reads “Six feet when we meet” from April 17. I’m not certain our hospital was able to buy up enough masks for everyone at first. We were made to wear our N95s for five shifts when on the isolation unit since we didn’t have enough for one shift each. Still not entirely sure how I didn’t get sick, other than that I got infected from my wife last March and was asymptomatic, but was exposed enough that my immune system did its job until I got vaccinated.
      we were definitely reusing N95s for months and months last year. It was crazy. They set up sections on the bulletin boards in the hospitalist office, resident office, floor locker rooms, anywhere there was room, to hang your personal N95. They were also going on about "if you're in an iso area, stay there until meal time" because just the act of donning and doffing the PPE could infect you.


      Great to hear you were asymptomatic! I hope your wife was too?
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Swansong View Post

        we were definitely reusing N95s for months and months last year. It was crazy. They set up sections on the bulletin boards in the hospitalist office, resident office, floor locker rooms, anywhere there was room, to hang your personal N95. They were also going on about "if you're in an iso area, stay there until meal time" because just the act of donning and doffing the PPE could infect you.


        Great to hear you were asymptomatic! I hope your wife was too?
        I was “selected” to be on the isolation team, along with like six to seven other staff, and from October/November through mid-January, that’s the only place we worked. We weren’t allowed anywhere else in the hospital. N95 was stored in a paper bag with my name on it and the # of times I’d worn it.
        My wife was extremely sick last March. She was so weak at home one day with our newborn that she couldn’t even pick her up despite our daughter weighing around 10 lbs. at the time. I had to leave work and take her to the ER. Her fever had spiked to 105, and an x-ray found pneumonia in her right lung. She said she doesn’t even remember calling me to come home because she was so out of it. Telling this story makes me sound like a terrible husband. Anyways, I had to convince the ER doctor to perform a covid test since he was initially refusing, due to their stringent testing protocol still in place at the time. On a side note, the infectious disease doctor who finally gave the go-ahead ended up succumbing to covid herself a few months later. Anyhow, her test came back negative four days later, but I’m still convinced she had it. She had every symptom. She’s had the flu twice while we’ve been together, and you’d never have known she was sick. This was a whole different animal.

        Comment


        • I went to a walk in clinic at a hospital on January 3, 2020 because I had hurt my back and was also dealing with the residual of a bad cold for about 8 days. When I walked in, they handed me a mask. Had to wear it the whole time in the waiting room. Thought nothing of it. I assumed they were being thoughtful and protective due to the flu. I do not think it was COVID related. I had no issue and will wear a mask in a situation like that if they ask me to.

          Comment


          • We have the most but other nations have these folks too.

            A Queensland business owner is refusing customers who have received a COVID-19 vaccine because of information she discovered on “the rabbit warren of the internet”.

            Yazmina Jade Adler, who has previously made headlines for claiming she cured her period pain by applying menstrual blood to her skin, owns the Khemia HI Vibe Frequency hair salon on the Gold Coast.

            Originally from Melbourne, Adler’s Palm Beach business also provides “crystal healing” and “frequency technology and sound healing for your full mind body hair experience”.

            In social media posts, she explained why she made a rule stating “we are not your hairdresser if you have had the COVID vax”.

            “The unknown health effects of the mRNA vaccine are not covered by our public liability insurance,” she said on the Facebook and Instagram pages for her business.

            “We also have to take into consideration the 1000s of reported side effects this shot has shown so far ... such as - viral shedding of the uterus, seizures, clotting, bleeding, interruption to the menstrual cycles and death.”
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Originally posted by psych View Post

              I was “selected” to be on the isolation team, along with like six to seven other staff, and from October/November through mid-January, that’s the only place we worked. We weren’t allowed anywhere else in the hospital. N95 was stored in a paper bag with my name on it and the # of times I’d worn it.
              My wife was extremely sick last March. She was so weak at home one day with our newborn that she couldn’t even pick her up despite our daughter weighing around 10 lbs. at the time. I had to leave work and take her to the ER. Her fever had spiked to 105, and an x-ray found pneumonia in her right lung. She said she doesn’t even remember calling me to come home because she was so out of it. Telling this story makes me sound like a terrible husband. Anyways, I had to convince the ER doctor to perform a covid test since he was initially refusing, due to their stringent testing protocol still in place at the time. On a side note, the infectious disease doctor who finally gave the go-ahead ended up succumbing to covid herself a few months later. Anyhow, her test came back negative four days later, but I’m still convinced she had it. She had every symptom. She’s had the flu twice while we’ve been together, and you’d never have known she was sick. This was a whole different animal.
              Well lucky you!

              And wow, what an awful story. I hope your ol' lady is back up and running?
              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Swansong View Post

                Well lucky you!

                And wow, what an awful story. I hope your ol' lady is back up and running?
                Alive and well.

                Comment


                • Lord Fraud-ci on his endless media tour says boosters most likely needed at one year.

                  LMAO
                  Last edited by Jeb2020; 05-19-2021, 07:52 PM.

                  Comment


                  • What have been everyone's experience in wait times when getting vaccinated? My first shot took an hour, currently sitting in line for my second; it's been over an hour and I've yet to get out of the registration/screening queue.

                    It's good to see so many people out, but this can't be the path to 70%

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      What have been everyone's experience in wait times when getting vaccinated? My first shot took an hour, currently sitting in line for my second; it's been over an hour and I've yet to get out of the registration/screening queue.

                      It's good to see so many people out, but this can't be the path to 70%
                      For me it was less than 10 minutes standing in line, then the 15 minutes waiting afterwards to see if there was an adverse reaction.

                      At my location there was a steady stream of people coming in and going out. Really a well executed plan. My shots were 03/24 and 04/14.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                      Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                      Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                      Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                        What have been everyone's experience in wait times when getting vaccinated? My first shot took an hour, currently sitting in line for my second; it's been over an hour and I've yet to get out of the registration/screening queue.

                        It's good to see so many people out, but this can't be the path to 70%
                        Both times I walked in, checked in, and was seated with a nurse immediately. Got the jab, waited 15 min, and left. Basically no wait except the post-shot observation.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                          What have been everyone's experience in wait times when getting vaccinated? My first shot took an hour, currently sitting in line for my second; it's been over an hour and I've yet to get out of the registration/screening queue.

                          It's good to see so many people out, but this can't be the path to 70%
                          My first one was in SW MN so I was in and out in 25 minutes. My second shot was at Fairview’s vaccination center in Minneapolis over by the U and took about an hour and a half.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

                          Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

                          Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

                          Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                            What have been everyone's experience in wait times when getting vaccinated? My first shot took an hour, currently sitting in line for my second; it's been over an hour and I've yet to get out of the registration/screening queue.

                            It's good to see so many people out, but this can't be the path to 70%
                            My first one was walk in, get registered, get shot, wait 15 and out. Maybe a half hour. Second, wait in line 20 or 30 minutes and then in and out. 1 hour so. They made appointments but people figured out if you were there on your day you got your shot no matter what time you were supposed to be there. So everyone showed up first thing and fucked everything up
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                            Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                            Comment


                            • Ours was fast, too. It was a very well organized mass vaccination site. Especially factoring in the appointments that had to be made for most of them.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                                What have been everyone's experience in wait times when getting vaccinated? My first shot took an hour, currently sitting in line for my second; it's been over an hour and I've yet to get out of the registration/screening queue.

                                It's good to see so many people out, but this can't be the path to 70%

                                i was vaccinated early, not with the general public, but I just brought my kid last week — showed up at the appropriate time, did a quick covid screen, got checked in, then immediately went to an available nurse to get vaccinated, then to a waiting area for 15 minutes. Not counting the post-vaccination waiting period, it was 10 minutes tops.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X