Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

    going back on a few posts, it's incredibly ironic to be so tough toward a real killer like a virus, but so very afraid of masks.

    Especially for such a simple device that has probably save hundreds of thousands of lives. Even in the face of policy to kill people. Thanks, again, jebbie, for being so enthusiastic about murdering people. Good job- I think terrorist groups would like to hire you. Or the next Stalin or Hitler- you can murder 600,000 people in a country and pretend that it's ok.
    Mental Illness^^^

    Masks have “probably” saved hundreds of lives?

    Yet they make no difference in places with high compliance verse low compliance.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Why would anyone ban mask-wearing, other than to just be a dick who's owning the libs?

      So you don't like them. So you don't think they work. I get it. What skin is it off your back if some people choose to wear them? Choice, right? isn't that what having "freedums" is all about?
      Well we know they say my body, my choice...but we all know they mean your body, my choice.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

      R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

      SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
      Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
      Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
      Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
      Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Swansong View Post

        I certainly didn't mean in the literal sense, I just meant that I wasn't going to come out guns a'blazin' on you because you don't deserve it, and I was more confused why you took what I said the way you said it.


        Speaking of moron states, the governor of Texas has banned public schools and most other government agencies from requiring masks at all, effective June 4th. This is just ridiculous.
        I know you didn’t mean attack me in the literal sense. In this particular instance, I understood you the first time around.
        On a covid note, our hospital doesn’t require our patients to wear masks. They’re “strongly encouraged.” I would venture to guess 75% of our patients refuse to wear one. Only after covid hit our hospital hard in October/November did we finally even start handing out masks to patients.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by psych View Post

          I know you didn’t mean attack me in the literal sense. In this particular instance, I understood you the first time around.
          On a covid note, our hospital doesn’t require our patients to wear masks. They’re “strongly encouraged.” I would venture to guess 75% of our patients refuse to wear one. Only after covid hit our hospital hard in October/November did we finally even start handing out masks to patients.
          This is the problem of our people - as long as the rake you are stepping on has not hit the forehead, no conclusions are drawn. The "don't step on the rake" warning is ineffective.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by psych View Post

            Yeah I read that in the morning DKE. Hopefully y’all have figured out how to defeat his sorry, pathetic a-s. RCV will be interesting this time around. Not sure if that’ll be a help or hindrance to Mills.
            My guess is polling will keep him out of the race. He has no chance with RCV
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

            Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

            Comment


            • Originally posted by walrus View Post

              My guess is polling will keep him out of the race. He has no chance with RCV
              Too bad we don’t use RCV for governor.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by psych View Post

                I know you didn’t mean attack me in the literal sense. In this particular instance, I understood you the first time around.
                On a covid note, our hospital doesn’t require our patients to wear masks. They’re “strongly encouraged.” I would venture to guess 75% of our patients refuse to wear one. Only after covid hit our hospital hard in October/November did we finally even start handing out masks to patients.
                That's insane to me, inside a hospital. MA still requires them, and will continue to do so in hospitals after the main mandate is lifted, and even if they didn't I suspect that every hospital in the state would still require them.

                I mean, almost all urgent care centers in the country require them on anyone presenting respiratory symptoms. But... COVID I guess and we need to own the libs.


                edit: thinking more about this, not requiring them in hospitals shines a light on the moron lie that we should just protect the vulnerable. I mean, who's more vulnerable than people in the hospital?
                Last edited by Swansong; 05-19-2021, 08:52 AM.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by psych View Post

                  Yeah I read that in the morning DKE. Hopefully y’all have figured out how to defeat his sorry, pathetic a-s. RCV will be interesting this time around. Not sure if that’ll be a help or hindrance to Mills.
                  Maine constitution specifies the governor is elected by plurality so we can’t use RCV for that race (or most state general elections) without and amendment (that republicans won’t vote for). It’s only used for primaries and federal elections.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Challenger007 View Post

                    This is the problem of our people - as long as the rake you are stepping on has not hit the forehead, no conclusions are drawn. The "don't step on the rake" warning is ineffective.
                    What is your favorite simpsons episode?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BassAle View Post

                      Maine constitution specifies the governor is elected by plurality so we can’t use RCV for that race (or most state general elections) without and amendment (that republicans won’t vote for). It’s only used for primaries and federal elections.
                      Ah. Thank you for clarifying.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Swansong View Post

                        That's insane to me, inside a hospital. MA still requires them, and will continue to do so in hospitals after the main mandate is lifted, and even if they didn't I suspect that every hospital in the state would still require them.

                        I mean, almost all urgent care centers in the country require them on anyone presenting respiratory symptoms. But... COVID I guess and we need to own the libs.


                        edit: thinking more about this, not requiring them in hospitals shines a light on the moron lie that we should just protect the vulnerable. I mean, who's more vulnerable than people in the hospital?
                        I think administration in my hospital determined that the risk of patients trying to commit suicide with their masks was a more acute risk than them contracting covid and experiencing long-term effects. My hospital’s population is 90% adolescent, and 75% of them have some kind of suicidal ideation, and/or have attempted suicide in the past. The masks have metal pieces that could be used for slitting wrists, or patients could use the earpieces to tie together a noose (from multiple masks). We have to take the metal pieces out before giving the patient a mask. This strategy almost cost one of our workers his life. Ended up on a ventilator for a week.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by psych View Post

                          I think administration in my hospital determined that the risk of patients trying to commit suicide with their masks was a more acute risk than them contracting covid and experiencing long-term effects. My hospital’s population is 90% adolescent, and 75% of them have some kind of suicidal ideation, and/or have attempted suicide in the past. The masks have metal pieces that could be used for slitting wrists, or patients could use the earpieces to tie together a noose (from multiple masks). We have to take the metal pieces out before giving the patient a mask. This strategy almost cost one of our workers his life. Ended up on a ventilator for a week.
                          Interesting. Is this a psych hospital (guessing based on your profession)?

                          That seems thoughtful, at least. Can't argue that.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BassAle View Post

                            Maine constitution specifies the governor is elected by plurality so we can’t use RCV for that race (or most state general elections) without and amendment (that republicans won’t vote for). It’s only used for primaries and federal elections.
                            Hopefully though it would kill him in the primaries. Or could he win as an "I"?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                              Hopefully though it would kill him in the primaries. Or could he win as an "I"?
                              he is very popular with the GOP base that would vote in the primary

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by psych View Post

                                I think administration in my hospital determined that the risk of patients trying to commit suicide with their masks was a more acute risk than them contracting covid and experiencing long-term effects. My hospital’s population is 90% adolescent, and 75% of them have some kind of suicidal ideation, and/or have attempted suicide in the past. The masks have metal pieces that could be used for slitting wrists, or patients could use the earpieces to tie together a noose (from multiple masks). We have to take the metal pieces out before giving the patient a mask. This strategy almost cost one of our workers his life. Ended up on a ventilator for a week.
                                Interesting. My units at my wife's hospital are the opposite. They've been offering surgical masks as long as they've been able to purchase them. Workers have been required to wear surgical going back very early in 2020.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X