Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    They lifted the mask requirement at my work for vaccinated people. My boss (allergy problems, is afraid to take vaccine and doctor is not wild about him doing it either) and I are the only people in my office still wearing masks. I would say my office is at most 50% vaccinated.
    they haven't done that at my company yet, but they are going to lift the testing requirement for vaccinated people (it's optional, but to opt-out of testing you need record your vaccination status in a database, including a scan of your vaccination card). As of right now, anyone reporting on-site needs to be tested once a week, so soon you'll be able to opt-out if you're fully vaccinated. At this point masks are still required, although they just removed the requirement to wear them outdoors (you used to have to wear them as soon as you got out of your car). I'm guessing they'll reevaluate the indoor mask policy once they have a better idea of how many people are fully vaccinated.

The plan is to start returning remote employees from August through September, but lots of us won't be returning full time but instead will have access to "hotel" offices we can reserve if we want to come on site for a day, or "hot seats" that are first come first serve for any period of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      and the fact they basically lost a year of their lives.
      We are very different. I feel like returning to the tyranny of the extroverts is losing a public life that was, for the first time, comfortable, thoughtful, substantive, and pleasant.

I made a lot of changes that I won't be backing out when the pandemic ends. The only thing that will really change for me will be that instead of just sharing things with Dr. Mrs., now it will be she and maybe 2 others.

I haven't been in a crowd in 18 months, and in that respect that was the best 18 months of my life.
      Last edited by Kepler; 05-17-2021, 11:34 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

We are very different. I feel like returning to the tyranny of the extroverts is losing a public life that was, for the first time, comfortable, thoughtful, substantive, and pleasant.

I made a lot of changes that I won't be backing out when the pandemic ends. The only thing that will really change for me will be that instead of just sharing things with Dr. Mrs., now it will be she and maybe 2 others.

I haven't been in a crowd in 18 months, and in that respect that was the best 18 months of my life.
        The last couple of months have been great. Went to the NCHC Frozen Faceoff. Went to a Twins baseball game. I parked across the street from the stadiums in both instances. Never saw more than two people in any restroom visited. When I would go to the concession stand and would have to stand in line behind just a single person, I'd find myself getting impatient.

Walked up to an outdoor patio bar two blocks from the Twins stadium and had my choice of a handful of different tables.

Heading to the Indy 500 in a couple of weeks. They're only letting in 135,000 (40% capacity).

I strongly encourage all of you to continue to stay home.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Charlie Baker just put out the white flag in Mass. Hard to see how that ends well.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Charlie Baker just put out the white flag in Mass. Hard to see how that ends well.
              Uh-oh, does this make Massachusetts one of those stupid states now? Massachusetts has lifted more Covid restrictions than Kentucky. That’s pretty fucking stupid. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

The last couple of months have been great. Went to the NCHC Frozen Faceoff. Went to a Twins baseball game. I parked across the street from the stadiums in both instances. Never saw more than two people in any restroom visited. When I would go to the concession stand and would have to stand in line behind just a single person, I'd find myself getting impatient.

Walked up to an outdoor patio bar two blocks from the Twins stadium and had my choice of a handful of different tables.

Heading to the Indy 500 in a couple of weeks. They're only letting in 135,000 (40% capacity).

I strongly encourage all of you to continue to stay home.
                It's all about you.

This fucking country in a nutshell.
                Last edited by rufus; 05-17-2021, 02:45 PM.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Had an eye appointment today. When checking in, was asked questions, "have you travelled outside the US in the last two weeks, have you had Covid symptoms, have you been around anyone who has, etc".

I ask her, "You can't ask if I've been vaccinated?"

She says, "no, I can't"

This frickin' country.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Had an eye appointment today. When checking in, was asked questions, "have you travelled outside the US in the last two weeks, have you had Covid symptoms, have you been around anyone who has, etc".

She says, "no, I can't"

This frickin' country.
                    We love to be stupid. Stupid country is as stupid country does.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Had an eye appointment today. When checking in, was asked questions, "have you travelled outside the US in the last two weeks, have you had Covid symptoms, have you been around anyone who has, etc".

She says, "no, I can't"

This frickin' country.
                      Every country has stupid people. That's fine, you just ignore them.

We are unfortunately one of the few that allows them to dictate policy.

All so one political party can keep the top marginal rate down.

We pay in so many ways for the rich to avoid their taxes, and most of those ways are in lives, not money.
                      Cornell University

Comment

She says, "no, I can't"

This frickin' country.
                        Why can't they? It's your health care provider.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Why can't somebody discuss abortion as an option in a slave state?

It's the usual: some Foghorn Leghorn legislator tub thumping for the genetic sewage in his district.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Yeah, that sounds to me like more a decision the business made than an actual rule. A handful of states have either passed legislation or the governor has issued an executive order banning "vaccine passports" but it's been limited, and even in those situations it seems unlikely that it would prohibit a healthcare provider from asking healthcare related questions.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Uh-oh, does this make Massachusetts one of those stupid states now? Massachusetts has lifted more Covid restrictions than Kentucky. That’s pretty fucking stupid. :-)
                              I'm not sure you could say MA is a stupid state. While I'm not really thrilled at this news, MA is in the top3 (if not, then definitely top 5) of percentage of population being fully vaccinated. I think we're over 50%. That's definitely better than Kentucky. At the same time, I wish they just said something like "If our numbers stay in the range they currently are through June 30, then everything will be open and no masks. We're trending that way so let's not be stupid."

Comment

• Look out! The neanderthals in Texas just reported 0 corona deaths on Sunday. Hey wait, how is that possible? No mask mandates, businesses are fully open, super spreader sporting events have been allowed 100% capacity since the beginning of baseball season 7 weeks ago. NO! NO! NO! This cant be happening! How is this occurring? Massachusetts, did you hear this? Charlie Parker, PLEASE, tell the populace that we need 2 masks when even talking about what the knuckle draggers from Texas. Their economy, I mean, their corona rates are going to skyrocket while placing Cambridge and Northhampton in mortal danger. HELP!!

Comment

Working...
                                X