Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Brilliant.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Arizona with 172 deaths...this hoax is more viral than K-Pop fans reserving tickets to a Trump Rally!

Oh and right on cue the MNGOP Gomers are raking Walz over the coals for his failed leadership and tyranny. One lady (whose profile pic is of her and Breitbart) thinks it is bad that teachers and our leaders are "Know It Alls". Another whined because the Lt. Governor discussed how her kid had a condition that put her at risk...you know like Jesus would have.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        That is brilliant!

In other news Governor Walz is letting the districts decide (based on how the outbreak is in their area and other factors) what type of school opening they have. They can choose to go full open, hybrid or fully online. The districts have the right to change their status based on how the pandemic goes. Sure sounds like tyranny to me! (which is what the MNGOP and their Gomers will say)
        same thing is happening here in Maine. A number of districts have already announced they won't be going back full time. Each county was also given a "red", "yellow", "green" classification based on hospitalizations, active cases, etc to help districts guide their choice (basically red = all remote recommended, yellow = hybrid recommended, green = in-person recommended) I expect my district will have a hybrid schedule, but it has not been announced yet. I believe our county is "green", but I don't think that 100% in-person will fly locally. We have a committee that includes teachers and administration, MDs, and PhDs working on the recommendation to put before the school board. There is a deep talent pool to draw from when your small town is home to a major biomedical research laboratory and many of the research scientists also have kids in the local schools.

Comment

• Walz's plan isnt perfect by any means but it is about the only thing that can work for the moment. The fact that people on both sides are upset proves he made the best possible decision based on what is going on. Seeing the Gomers have to reach for reasons (that go against the crap they tend to spout anyways) is even better though. Man they are gonna be mad when he cruises to a second term. (and as many more as he wants)

People want a catch all answer and there isnt one. Different cities and counties and even school districts just have different issues. Grand Rapids or Baudette (just examples havent actually looked at their numbers) won't have the same type of outbreak risk right now as Minneapolis or Saint Paul will. To expect them to implement the same type of rules is ludicrous.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/BradleyWhitford/...51061838393345

Some people are so stupid that they're too stupid to live but not too stupid to be elected in the United States.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Should have mentioned that some of their staff have religious beliefs that germ theory is wrong.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Waiting for Minnesota north shore to explode. I spent two days up there this week and over half the cars I saw had Texas or Iowa license plates. Long way for people to drive from Rona ridden Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Moron dies from moron stuff. Other morons are sad.
                  Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Moron dies from moron stuff. Other morons are sad.
                  Any bets on who's the third in this Threes?

I know who I'm crossing my fingers for!*

*But because God hates us, we'll probably only get ****ing Louie Gohmert.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• https://publish.***********/?query=h...7&widget=Tweet

"MLB postpones more games after Phillies staffers test positive for the coronavirus"

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://publish.***********/?query=h...7&widget=Tweet

"MLB postpones more games after Phillies staffers test positive for the coronavirus"

This **** was doomed from the beginning on some romantic idea that baseball is a "distance" sport and we can still have our sports during a hundred-year-pandemic. We're so far past the point of terminal stupidity.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

This **** was doomed from the beginning on some romantic idea that baseball is a "distance" sport and we can still have our sports during a hundred-year-pandemic. We're so far past the point of terminal stupidity.
                        You should have been around here the last two months...at least we had fun mocking the Stupids.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post

Yeah, that's right, I remember that as well. Wonder what his change in argument will be about that?
                          FL Deaths peaked around 7/17

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

FL Deaths peaked around 7/17
                            Of course they have.
                            more Kool-Aid.
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

You should have been around here the last two months...at least we had fun mocking the Stupids.
                              Augh, I'm sure. I needed some time off to just shut up and listen. Glad I did it. Learned a lot. Spent a lot of time listening to friends who were impacted by the George Floyd murder. Gave some money, wish we could have given time but I'm too high risk for COVID. After the pandemic we'll be far more active. Pretty difficult finally seeing what your friends have to live through on a daily basis.

But also wanted to try to find a way to be a newlywed in this crazy ****ed up world. Wedding was scaled back. We didn't get to go on our "mini-moon". We didn't get to go on any fun vacations. And our passports are worthless even if we could complete her name change* so we've cancelled the honeymoon. In the end, we're both just glad we're still safe . Just thankful for each other.

I finally went back into a store two or three weeks ago when the dishwasher went out (by the way, this ****ing sucks and all appliances including dishwashers are basically on six-week backorder). Could not believe the number of idiots in Home Depot who weren't wearing masks. All the same type, looking at $4,000 fridges which I didn't even know were a thing. I started to shift from making fun of the morons to getting angry. Not just at them. I was starting to get fairly angry at Walz for not ordering masks sooner. When Alabama and Mississippi beat you in anything but football, you've ****ed up.

And now with the Portland stuff coming to light and spreading, I needed an outlet to talk politics. My wife isn't much for talking Xs and Os politics even though she's fairly political. Weird, I know. And honestly I was starting to feel disconnected from the news-world in a way I hadn't since Bin Laden died and I didn't find out for like four days. I get a lot from this Board. I missed all of you heathens.

*Which, by the way, is going to take months. The SS office said you have to literally mail your form(s) of ID to them - originals, not copies - with all of the other requisite documentation. No drop offs, no nothing, just certified mail. And the backlog is weeks or months. So you basically don't get to drive during that time. I can't even imagine people actually needing to get a new SS card right now for important reasons.
                              Code:

Comment

Walz's plan isnt perfect by any means but it is about the only thing that can work for the moment. The fact that people on both sides are upset proves he made the best possible decision based on what is going on. Seeing the Gomers have to reach for reasons (that go against the crap they tend to spout anyways) is even better though. Man they are gonna be mad when he cruises to a second term. (and as many more as he wants)

People want a catch all answer and there isnt one. Different cities and counties and even school districts just have different issues. Grand Rapids or Baudette (just examples havent actually looked at their numbers) won't have the same type of outbreak risk right now as Minneapolis or Saint Paul will. To expect them to implement the same type of rules is ludicrous.
                                Wow, the stars aligned and I can agree with this!

Go figure the pandemic is different not only in different parts of the country but even within particular States! Who would have thunk it!

Now back to FL cases and pretending the ENTIRE country is on fire.

There are no silver bullets there are only trade offs.
                                Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-30-2020, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X