Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

When did STDs become "STIs"?
    ”There’s a NEW Mexico?”

it’s been a while, old man.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

”There’s a NEW Mexico?”

it’s been a while, old man.
      It's true, I'm not just not as up on the current state of social disease nomenclature as you. We each keep informed about that which affects us the most.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        It's amazing how few people I know actually got covid. No one in my family thankfully.
        My grandma got it, living in her memory care facility. Fortunately a mild case, which she survived. She got the jab in February, 3 months after testing positive.

Two project managers I work with got it, including the one whose project I'm currently staffed on. He just tested positive on Monday. The other one in Phoenix got it in early January, during the post-holiday surge. He survived a moderate case, but it was pretty touch-and-go for a week or so.

One of my neighbors got it a couple weeks ago, she has survived. Somehow her partner did not get it (that we know of).

My realtor got it last week, so she won't be at the closing on my house tomorrow.

Comment

• Pfizer 1 in the books.

I didn't feel it. Needles are amazing now. I want to go back to the 13th century for a lot of reasons (ontology, epistemology, women's rights), but medicine is not one of them.

No immediate response. I picked the arm that already has bursitis so when it starts hurting meh what's the difference?

The only bad thing that happened was a wind blast caught my glasses and broke the frame on the pavement, so now I look like Santa's hot shawty in that cartoon.

Down to Gift
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Since January 2021...my workplace has had 13 employees test positive for Covid and report it to our employer. Out of fewer than 200 on site employees.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Pfizer #2 done. Now the wait to see if there are side effects over the next 24.

Our niece got it, but it was not tested. All of the symptoms followed exactly to a T, and we suspect that SIL got it while working at a restaurant.... She was really really down for the count, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                closing on my house tomorrow.
                Your first house? Congratulations, that’s a great feeling. Plant a bunch of trees at the northern tip of their natural historical range.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I picked the arm that already has bursitis so when it starts hurting meh what's the difference?I]
                  I got my Moderna round one today and went through this EXACT thought process (shoulders suck for old guys who work at keyboards), which happened to mesh nicely with the nurse’s request for my non-dominant shoulder. I think it actually did numb the pain a bit, so it’s a win-win.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post

So, I ended up fine, no side effects, other than a little injection site pain....Wife and my stepdaughter (21) are both hurting, stiff arms, fatigue but feeling a little better today
                    Quick update: Stepdaughter came down with fever and chills today...She has been pretty down and out: so I guess lucky me as I have had zero side effects

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post

I got my Moderna round one today and went through this EXACT thought process (shoulders suck for old guys who work at keyboards), which happened to mesh nicely with the nurse’s request for my non-dominant shoulder. I think it actually did numb the pain a bit, so it’s a win-win.
                      I was just thinking my shoulder is actually a little less sensitive after the shot.

But in all honesty, 12 hours in, I have zero symptoms. I didn't even feel the shot, the place I got it is maybe a tiny bit sensitive but it could be my imagination and like I said that arm always hurts anyway. It does feel a little heavy. But I got nuffin'. I was lucky and/or this means shot 2 is going to destroy me.
                      Cornell University

Comment

I was just thinking my shoulder is actually a little less sensitive after the shot.

But in all honesty, 12 hours in, I have zero symptoms. I didn't even feel the shot, the place I got it is maybe a tiny bit sensitive but it could be my imagination and like I said that arm always hurts anyway. It does feel a little heavy. But I got nuffin'. I was lucky and/or this means shot 2 is going to destroy me.
                        The stronger your shoulder is, the more the muscle will hurt at the injection site. The muscle has been wounded and needs to mend, hence the pain.

I have my second jab in about 5 hours.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                          Pfizer #2 done. Now the wait to see if there are side effects over the next 24.

Our niece got it, but it was not tested. All of the symptoms followed exactly to a T, and we suspect that SIL got it while working at a restaurant.... She was really really down for the count, too.
                          So it's the next morning, and I feel pretty rotten. Not the bad symptoms, just a feeling of malaise and soreness- like I had the flu. Kinda sucks, but it is what it is.

Comment

My Moderna 1 symptoms were like yours, and #2 gave me no symptoms at all. I'm betting your effects will be minimal.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

My Moderna 1 symptoms were like yours, and #2 gave me no symptoms at all. I'm betting your effects will be minimal.
                              I hope you are right. 20 hours in I have just enough tenderness at the shot point to know my doctor wasn't ****ing with me, and NOTHING else. Either I am inwinsible or I am fortunate.

Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

So it's the next morning, and I feel pretty rotten. Not the bad symptoms, just a feeling of malaise and soreness- like I had the flu. Kinda sucks, but it is what it is.
                                Drink lots of water it helped a ton when I started to get the flu symptoms especially the body aches.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X