Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Mass had it’s highest number of cases today since early February. We need to open things up more though!
    Agreed that it isn't good, and that reopening now is premature, but on the bright side, hospitalizations have stayed steady while daily cases have been noisy. Look at the age breakdown https://www.mass.gov/info-details/co...onse-reporting - those infected are relatively less at risk of severe cases. Positivity rate is increasing but only very slightly, which makes sense as people feel more "relaxed".

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I am not overly concerned with yet another large resurgence.
    Last edited by Swansong; 03-26-2021, 08:49 AM.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I just got back from food shopping and in addition to the large supply disinfectant wipes in the laundry and cleaning aisle (which had been in super short supply this past year), there was also a separate huge display of them. So apparently people don't think they need them anymore cuz the pandemic is just about over. Did I get that right? As Drew mentioned, MA had close to 2300 cases yesterday, the highest since early February. The positivity rate increased from 1.7% to 2.2% in a week. Cape Cod is now a huge hotspot. And there are now 32 cities and towns in the red. But sure, let's open things up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        The positivity rate increased from 1.7% to 2.2% in a week. Cape Cod is now a huge hotspot. And there are now 32 cities and towns in the red.
        See? It's the gayz!
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          @nzorach
          A friend says, of Ford Field being used for a vaccination site: "The vaccine is the only adequate defense that building has ever seen."
          That gives zero credit to the opposing teams. Correct that for the home team defense.

But that his hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Agreed that it isn't good, and that reopening now is premature, but on the bright side, hospitalizations have stayed steady while daily cases have been noisy. Look at the age breakdown https://www.mass.gov/info-details/co...onse-reporting - those infected are relatively less at risk of severe cases. Positivity rate is increasing but only very slightly, which makes sense as people feel more "relaxed".

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I am not overly concerned with yet another large resurgence.
            The White House pointed out this morning that as the percentage of vaccinated senior citizens has increased, the rate of COVID-19 related visits to ERs has decreased substantially.

If that is true, I think the governors still enforcing restrictions are going to be forced to end them over the next few weeks as we move into the "all adults are eligible" phase of this. It may not be the best choice from a public health standpoint, but all the indications I've seen are that spring fever is running amok and the majority of the public is just about done tolerating the remaining executive orders.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

The White House pointed out this morning that as the percentage of vaccinated senior citizens has increased, the rate of COVID-19 related visits to ERs has decreased substantially.

If that is true, I think the governors still enforcing restrictions are going to be forced to end them over the next few weeks as we move into the "all adults are eligible" phase of this. It may not be the best choice from a public health standpoint, but all the indications I've seen are that spring fever is running amok and the majority of the public is just about done tolerating the remaining executive orders.
              I'll agree. Cabin Fever has taken it's toll and is at a tipping point. I'm also chomping at the bit to eat out at a restaurant again.
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Who gives a **** if young people die and/or have permanent health problems? This whole thing horrifies me to no end.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• I can't wait until we find out 2 years from now that the virus lies dormant in the nervous system, only to re-awaken and take permanent control of its hosts' bladder functions or something. Hope that meal at Applebee's was worth it, you early-opening pukes.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I'll agree. Cabin Fever has taken it's toll and is at a tipping point. I'm also chomping at the bit to eat out at a restaurant again.
                    Champing.

I will never understand why people think their desires trump medicine.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Who gives a **** if young people die and/or have permanent health problems? This whole thing horrifies me to no end.
                      The young certainly don't seem to care. Outdoor dining is back with bigger crowds than ever, whether the tables are socially distanced or not. Ski resorts out west were pretty busy (though masks were generally enforced). Kids are going to Florida and Mexico for Spring Break. I hear people having backyard gatherings on the days thus far that it hit 65+.

Comment

• I agree with everyone's overall concerns, just wanted to point out the demographic shift in infections.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Gaze upon the face of the monster you helped create.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Willing to bet even more Michiganders are "done" with COVID restrictions now.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Gaze upon the face of the monster you helped create.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Mass had it’s highest number of cases today since early February. We need to open things up more though!
                                My wife, who’s fully vaccinated, went to the Mall of America today with a friend. She tells me that the place is packed except for the occasional area. One lap around the mall’s interior walkways is roughly a full mile, to give scope. And there’s three main levels to the mall. Round 3 here we come!
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X