Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the same time, it's a recipe for bad policy to ignore a genuinely important point because it's raised by a dishonest party.

All the same, no quarter for the dishonest after 4 years of Trump.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      I suspect a lot of those businesses will wait until the FDA gives their "official" rather than current emergency authorization.
      I know my company is not making it mandatory (at least for now), but says employees are "highly encouraged" to take the vaccine at their earliest opportunity. Most of the people dealing with covid samples have been vaccinated. They also don't "require" the flu vaccination, but they do make it available on-site for free (and if I remember right, there is financial incentive for getting it).

This is a biomedical research org with facilities in three states plus China, and most of the C-level execs have PhDs (and in some cases are M.D.s as well). Not to mention the CEO basically ran Singapore's SARS response, so they're pretty well versed in pandemic response and vaccination.

I'm not sure if they'll ever make it required, but I definitely don't expect them to require it before full FDA approval.

Doesn't matter to me though, as I'm reassigned permanent work from home and I've already been vaccinated anyway (it would be nice to go back on site once in a while, and also travel to other campuses to see some of my colleagues in other states -- we were just rolling out direct charter flights between our Maine and Connecticut locations, making a couple round trips per week, before the pandemic hit so I'm bummed I never got a chance to take the flight).

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        There is no doubt that nearly all public schools will require it for employees soon (many already do, more in the works all the time), and once there are vaccines available for children, those will be required, too (same as many vaccines already are required for enrollment today). Eventually, most universities will require it for enrollment as well. I'm sure that many health care companies require it of their employees, too, as most already do for flu or hepatitis..
        Not bloody likely, unfortunately. HOspitals aren't requiring their employees get it.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I think if you refuse the vaccine over "rights" then the hospital should be allowed to not treat your COVID if you get it. Something something consequences...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I can’t seem to get the link to copy right now (I’m clearly doing something stupid), but Popular Sciences has a story that white-tailed deer have tested positive for COVID-19 in lab studies.

Wisconsin is screwed.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              I can’t seem to get the link to copy right now (I’m clearly doing something stupid), but Popular Sciences has a story that white-tailed deer have tested positive for COVID-19 in lab studies.

Wisconsin is screwed.
              It's not bad unless it can jump back over, right?

Or does human --> deer <--> deer --> human?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Not bloody likely, unfortunately. HOspitals aren't requiring their employees get it.
                Not yet, but if it really proves out to be as safe and effective as it currently appears, I think they will in the long run.
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The article states that they’re testing these deer because their “ACE2 cell receptors, which is what the novel coronavirus binds to, is very similar to that of humans.”
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

In WI no deer is safe from human "contact".

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

In fairness, I should have seen that coming.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Not now, no, since it's EUA and not fully approved. But my hospital requires a flu shot as a condition of employment so I anticipate that COVID will be the same once it gets full approval.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Ha! Ron Johnson says "close contact" with deer actually protects against the chinee flu even better than hydroxychloroquine.

Ron Johnson knows deer.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Ha! Ron Johnson says "close contact" with deer actually protects against the chinee flu even better than hydroxychloroquine.

Ron Johnson knows deer.
                            :^)

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Many have still not been defined, as the COVID-vaccine era is just emerging. But as others have pointed out, some airlines (a.k.a. private companies) are already choosing not to offer service to unvaccinated customers. I can foresee many other private businesses doing the same. There is no doubt that nearly all public schools will require it for employees soon (many already do, more in the works all the time), and once there are vaccines available for children, those will be required, too (same as many vaccines already are required for enrollment today). Eventually, most universities will require it for enrollment as well. I'm sure that many health care companies require it of their employees, too, as most already do for flu or hepatitis.

So yes, you can choose not to get a vaccine, but you will be opting out of air travel, public education, college education, opportunity to work in health care, etc, etc. And yet, as isolated as they will be, I know that millions of luddites will still choose to (literally) die on this hill. Good riddance.
                              That's ok, cause then they can get together with their fellow unwashed masses and storm the US capitol building, because government doesn't look out for their interests anymore.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Not now, no, since it's EUA and not fully approved. But my hospital requires a flu shot as a condition of employment so I anticipate that COVID will be the same once it gets full approval.
                                Interesting, because neither of the two largest hospital chains in the Twin Cities require it. You need to get one or watch a 30-minute video about infectious disease control or something like that.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X