Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

This lady?

During her tenure as administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the HHS Inspector General in July 2020 concluded that she spent more than $5 million in federal contracts on politically connected contractors and violated federal contracting rules.[4] More than $3.5 million of taxpayer funds were spent on consultants to promote Verma's public profile.[5] These findings were further reinforced when in September 2020 an independent panel of Congressional oversight committees concluded that "Congress did not intend for taxpayer dollars to be spent on handpicked communications consultants used to promote Administrator Verma’s public profile and personal brand. Administrator Verma has shown reckless disregard for the public’s trust. We believe she should personally reimburse the taxpayers for these inappropriate expenditures."

Not sure I'm going to take her word for....anything.
    How about Cuomo's own staff. Does that work for you?

https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/cuomo-...ata-from-feds/
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

This lady?

During her tenure as administrator of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the HHS Inspector General in July 2020 concluded that she spent more than $5 million in federal contracts on politically connected contractors and violated federal contracting rules.[4] More than $3.5 million of taxpayer funds were spent on consultants to promote Verma's public profile.[5] These findings were further reinforced when in September 2020 an independent panel of Congressional oversight committees concluded that "Congress did not intend for taxpayer dollars to be spent on handpicked communications consultants used to promote Administrator Verma’s public profile and personal brand. Administrator Verma has shown reckless disregard for the public’s trust. We believe she should personally reimburse the taxpayers for these inappropriate expenditures."

Not sure I'm going to take her word for....anything.
      Seema was terrible and she did enough damage to our health systems. Good riddance

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

There's not one word in that article that indicates that any CDC guidance was ignored. Big internal kerfuffle over what numbers were reported and when and how they were broken down, but nothing else.

During Wednesday’s conference call, DeRosa said it appeared the DOJ was no longer focused on New York’s nursing home deaths.
        “All signs point to they are not looking at this, they’ve dropped it,” she said.
        “They never formally opened an investigation. They sent a letter asking a number of questions and then we satisfied those questions and it appears that they’re gone.”

DOJ is satisfied - why aren't you?
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

As I wrote before, I don't think he's catching flak because NY is either better off or worse off than other states. No one is saying that.

He's catching flak because he lied about it to his own legislature. That's all. But, he seems to be doubling down on it now by restating the old "we just followed the CDC" argument he used last summer, which as has been pointed out by many articles, simply isn't true.
          Even if he did, who gives a ****? It’s not like giving them different information would have changed anything.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Seema was terrible and she did enough damage to our health systems. Good riddance
            Sooooo....if I become President, no AEI hacks in charge of actual governmental policy? Got it.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

There's not one word in that article that indicates that any CDC guidance was ignored. Big internal kerfuffle over what numbers were reported and when and how they were broken down, but nothing else.

During Wednesday’s conference call, DeRosa said it appeared the DOJ was no longer focused on New York’s nursing home deaths.
              “All signs point to they are not looking at this, they’ve dropped it,” she said.
              “They never formally opened an investigation. They sent a letter asking a number of questions and then we satisfied those questions and it appears that they’re gone.”

I don't think it's the DOJ that is giving Cuomo flak. Again, as I posted before, it appears to be an issue between Cuomo and people within his own state government, including people within his own party in state government.

Other than a little Dem on Dem violence here, which is amusing to watch, as I said earlier, I really don't care.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Sure. That's what Cuomo's taking heat for.

Nothing there supports your initial allegation. Do better.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• "many articles" Seems like you oughtta be able to find one.

Comment

There's not one word in that article that indicates that any CDC guidance was ignored.

Psst. He's not arguing in good faith. His conclusions are predetermined, like the Senate "jury." Pay him no mind, it is fruitless to argue.

Either he knows he's spreading RWNJ propaganda, in which case he's cynical, or he doesn't know, in which case he's a rube.

Either way, he is not worth your time.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• My my, how opinions have changed.

Comment

• GF just got a call that there was leftover vaccine for the day and since she on the educator wait list she gets her shot...unless baldness becomes a comorbidity I wont be getting mine for a while but one step closer to being able to get out of here for a while!
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I don't think it's the DOJ that is giving Cuomo flak. Again, as I posted before, it appears to be an issue between Cuomo and people within his own state government, including people within his own party in state government.

Other than a little Dem on Dem violence here, which is amusing to watch, as I said earlier, I really don't care.
                          If you think dem on dem violence is great, wait til you hear about what Trump is doing to your party...

double chin Mitch was in his first draft of his press release tonight lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            GF just got a call that there was leftover vaccine for the day and since she on the educator wait list she gets her shot...unless baldness becomes a comorbidity I wont be getting mine for a while but one step closer to being able to get out of here for a while!
                            I had a chance to get Pfizer dose yesterday, I turned it down. Many in much greater need than me

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I had a chance to get Pfizer dose yesterday, I turned it down. Many in much greater need than me
                              Her parents are at risk and only one has got it so she took it so she lessens the risk when she sees them.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Psst. He's not arguing in good faith. His conclusions are predetermined, like the Senate "jury." Pay him no mind, it is fruitless to argue.

Either he knows he's spreading RWNJ propaganda, in which case he's cynical, or he doesn't know, in which case he's a rube.

Either way, he is not worth your time.
                                I find Hovey to be as big of an egotistical a—hole as everyone else on here, but he’s not wrong on this one. Yeah, he’s maybe flagging it for nefarious reasons, but who cares? We (rightfully) rub his face in sh-t anytime he’s wrong, which is a lot. On this issue though, you yourself said let Democrats, and potentially the Courts, sort this one out. If they determine no harm, no foul, great, move on. But, it has little to do with the current DOJ, federal guidelines, or the GOP. Fellow Ny Democrats are the ones asking questions. If it’s not a big deal like a lot of y’all are saying, it’ll go away quietly.

Comment

Working...
                                X