Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I am not missing the mark on this one. What we are doing to elderly in nursing homes right now, people who are mentally capable of socializing with family members, will go down as one of the truly cruel acts that we have committed as a society. You've thrown these people in solitary confinement for no crime greater than being old.
    They're perfectly free to leave those nursing homes to be with family. The same family who put them there, rather than care for them themselves.

Or you'd rather sonny be allowed to visit mom, and infect her, and how many others there with the Covfefe-19, which at that age is likely a death sentence.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

You're telling me it's impossible to keep nursing home residents, who have socialized with family members, isolated from those who choose not to (or are incapable of making that choice)?
      As we've seen over the past few months, apparently it is.

Have you not been paying attention?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

They're perfectly free to leave those nursing homes to be with family. The same family who put them there, rather than care for them themselves.

Or you'd rather sonny be allowed to visit mom, and infect her, and how many others there with the Covfefe-19, which at that age is likely a death sentence.
        I don't know where you are at, but where I live I don't think nursing home residents are free to leave the nursing home, spend the day with family, then return.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• It's interesting to me that still to this day we have many folks who are just fine with people going around and infecting other people. Seems to me that that protecting us from that is the very thing the government is supposed to be doing.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            It's interesting to me that still to this day we have many folks who are just fine with people going around and infecting other people. Seems to me that that protecting us from that is the very thing the government is supposed to be doing.
            So what is the standard moving forward? We have never treated a contagious virus like this before.

When and if Covid goes away what is the threshold? Do old people who are sick deserve to die because they catch another virus that is not Covid?

Would love to learn what the thresholds are.

Also this idea that an individual’s health is dependent on every single person out there is complete hog wash. It is complete non-sense.

It puts the truly vulnerable in this case the elderly and sick at more risk because it creates the illusion that if “these parameters” are met whatever the flavor of the week is then we can all “be safe.” The reality is one’s health is always going to be best protected when an individual takes the necessary precautions for their situation.

Granny going to the super market with a cloth mask, in a city with an outbreak and a mask mandate isn’t going to help the most vulnerable one bit.

Read more Michael Olsterholm. He is apolitical and doesn’t give two sh*ts about anyone’s politics. You might start to learn something.
            Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-29-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

What do you think a vaccine is for?
              In an ideal scenario help reach herd immunity. Also, alleviate severe complications from a disease if one were to encounter it naturally.

both great things.

The point I am making here is that if a person who fights off a Covid Infection supposedly has no lasting immunity then a vaccine isn’t going to provide lasting immunity either.

At best it would be a booster, like the flu. Meaning we aren’t eradicating Covid and it is here to stay just like the flu vaccine doesn’t eradicate the flu every year.

The best chances of fighting Covid are being healthy, that is a fact.

I won’t be surprised one bit though if once a vaccine is approved that the information does point to lasting immunity of some sort for those who encounter a Covid infection and recover. Will see how that one plays out and I’ll be here to remind you.
              Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-29-2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I don't know where you are at, but where I live I don't think nursing home residents are free to leave the nursing home, spend the day with family, then return.
                Believe they are, but what I was saying is if being in the home is such a hardship to their social life, maybe they shouldn't be in the home, but staying with the family. All the social interaction and Covfefe they can handle.

Don't know what it is with you, but over the past few months, you've been plumbing Sicatoka levels of idiocy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  It's interesting to me that still to this day we have many folks who are just fine with people going around and infecting other people. Seems to me that that protecting us from that is the very thing the government is supposed to be doing.
                  Well, now you see why much of the country is in the position we are in today.

People in this country want to be able to do whatever they want to do, whenever they want to do it, and no one can say a damm thing about it. No matter the consequences their actions may have upon others. We are a nation of greedy, selfish f#cks.

But it's really no big deal. They'll just have the sniffles for a couple days, and then be fine.
                  Last edited by rufus; 07-29-2020, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Shocking news. The dumbest man in Congress, and that's saying something when Matt Gaetz still holds office, Louis Gohmert, who has refused to wear a mask, has tested positive for the Covfefe-19.

Comment

• Honestly, if a few extroverted chatterboxes get the sniffles because they have to talk to friends and family on the phone instead of in-person, then tough. I've dealt with worse situations in my life - grow some skin.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Shocking news. The dumbest man in Congress, and that's saying something when Matt Gaetz still holds office, Louis Gohmert, who has refused to wear a mask, has tested positive for the Covfefe-19.
                        Let me guess. Another one of those asymptomatic “cases?” Which the entirety of this absurdity hinges on.

To think you have to point this out.

“Until Medicine distinguishes between "SARS-CoV-2 positive" and "COronavVIrusDisease-19", the numbers of "cases" mean, literally, nothing. #ThatsCommonCoreForYou

https://mobile.twitter.com/lifebiome...81684734242818

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

In an ideal scenario help reach herd immunity. Also, alleviate severe complications from a disease if one were to encounter it naturally.

both great things.

The point I am making here is that if a person who fights off a Covid Infection supposedly has no lasting immunity then a vaccine isn’t going to provide lasting immunity either.

At best it would be a booster, like the flu. Meaning we aren’t eradicating Covid and it is here to stay just like the flu vaccine doesn’t eradicate the flu every year.

The best chances of fighting Covid are being healthy, that is a fact.

I won’t be surprised one bit though if once a vaccine is approved that the information does point to lasting immunity of some sort for those who encounter a Covid infection and recover. Will see how that one plays out and I’ll be here to remind you.
                          I'm sure you will.
                          the point of the vaccine is to provide immunity without getting sick. We don't know if people have lasting immunity after they have gotten sick because not enough time has passed. (Don't know how many times this has to be explained to you)
                          You don't have facts on the best chance of fighting it because they aren't known yet. But in general yes being healthier does help against getting sick (amazing I know).
                          Also...no one has ever said Covid will be eradicated...no one. We know it's going to be around...that's why we are following masks and limiting where we go. For some reason that doesn't seem to sink in for you either.

Continue with your conspiracy and name calling...

​​​
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Honestly, if a few extroverted chatterboxes get the sniffles because they have to talk to friends and family on the phone instead of in-person, then tough. I've dealt with worse situations in my life - grow some skin.
                            It is going to be tough for you and your complex.

You can shut everything down if you would like and you will be “safe.”

#TeamWetTheBed
                            Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-29-2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

I'm sure you will.
                              the point of the vaccine is to provide immunity without getting sick. We don't know if people have lasting immunity after they have gotten sick because not enough time has passed. (Don't know how many times this has to be explained to you)
                              You don't have facts on the best chance of fighting it because they aren't known yet. But in general yes being healthier does help against getting sick (amazing I know).
                              Also...no one has ever said Covid will be eradicated...no one. We know it's going to be around...that's why we are following masks and limiting where we go. For some reason that doesn't seem to sink in for you either.

Continue with your conspiracy and name calling...

​​​
                              What conspiracy?

I thought the precautions were to “flatten the curve.” What is the parameter now? Covid is around?
                              Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-29-2020, 09:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
                                So what is the standard moving forward? We have never treated a contagious virus like this before.

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X