Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you know if someone has an infection without symptoms? I don't think you have much right at all. Asymptomatic spread is hardly a thing. That is why it only appears in absurd models where the intention is to show a-spread. Because there is no data in the real world that it is a driver.

Gotta love it. The vaccine that doesn't stop you from getting it and it also doesn't stop you from passing it to someone.

#CovidZombies #LetsPlayCovidForever

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2774707

Truly bizarre paper. The authors construct a model showing that 59% of Covid spread is asymptomatic, then pass that off the model's results as their own "proof" of that claim. I guess actual evidence doesn't matter anymore.

How do they get the results that they claim, you ask? Easy. They build those results into their model's assumptions with nice round guesstimates.

One set of hard-coded assumptions in their model dictates that 24% of cases are from completely asymptomatic individuals. A second set of assumptions for presymptomatic spread gets them 35%. Add them together? 59% of cases are from asymptomatic transmission. No evidence needed.
    Last edited by Jeb2020; 01-17-2021, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

It's worse than that. Not only did we all see how serious this was early on, dumpy knew how bad this was back in December, if I get the info right. Or at least in Feb, he was made fully aware how dangerous it was, but INENTIONALLY decided to downplay it. Lets we forget, be bragged about downplaying it.

We can't forget that history. That POS has lead to hundreds of thousands of preventable deaths in this country.
      Good morning #CovidZombie^. Please articulate how all these deaths of very elderly/sick people were preventable?

In regards to the seriousness early on...

In 2020, the year's storyline was set in motion with the Imperial College prediction of 2.2 million US covid deaths. From there, the Western world careened down the response path that would ultimately define 2020. The year ended with just 15% of those predicted deaths.

Not to mention that the 2.2 million was predicted in the first 5 months. We are now 10 months in. So its actually much less than 15% coming true from the hysterical prediction.

Again, I will ask how were they preventable, especially when reality ended up being a fraction of the predicted?

And remember your very own personal hysteria was driven by these models.
      Last edited by Jeb2020; 01-17-2021, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
        So by now, we have a good idea how long an COVID infection lasts- (not that I actually know it, but I think others do)- from no symptoms at all to bad symptoms that can last months. Right now the expectation for COVID infections that don't show symptoms is 10-14 days for safety.

I think I have that right.

Anyway- is there any data out there that shows how long an infection lasts if you have the vaccination? The idea of the vaccine is to pretty much eliminate any symptoms of COVID- right? And the fact that you can still get infected with the vaccine is why the makers are still requiring masks.

So the question is- does the time you are infected, which is the time you can spread it, change? Change to the point that it alters the R number of the spread.
        Curious about this too. I think we got fast results as far as showing immunity but I haven't seen much else (Admit I have been slacking and not looking- in overload with too much stuff to look at)

Comment

• I can't tell if these people are morons or know something I don't.

Scores of health care workers are still declining to take the COVID-19 vaccine, presenting problems to the pandemic response by sending the wrong message to the public and risking staff shortages if workers become sick.

It’s all happening as a more contagious variant of the virus begins spreading in the U.S. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevent on Friday warned this strain could be the dominant one hitting the United States by March.

While there is no national data showing the number of health workers who have declined to be vaccinated, governors, public health officials and health care executives have sounded the alarm on what appears to be a higher than expected refusal rate.

In New York state, more than 40 percent of health workers, who are first in line to get the shot because of their importance to the COVID-19 response, have yet to be vaccinated. It’s not clear how many had actually declined the vaccine, versus not being offered it yet. But the percent of workers who declined a vaccine in different regions of the state ranges from 12 percent to 29 percent, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said.
          On the one hand, 40% rings a bell as the rough proportion of conservative ding bats in New York. On the other hand, given how selfish conservatives are it's doubtful they make up even a fraction of 40% of health workers.

Which brings up the possibility that as health workers these people know that the Dumpies cut corners and may have allowed unsafe / defective vaccines onto the market to save their wrinkled old ashes.

I just don't know whether this is more accurately ascribed to the Right's stupidity or its evil.
          Last edited by Kepler; 01-18-2021, 03:08 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I don’t personally know anyone who thinks they’re not safe in the health care realm.

the data from Pfizer and moderna was pretty good. Now, I read the study designs and understand what it means. Without seeing that I’d have issues with anything backed by this admin, but turns out they didn’t really do much.

there may be some holding back due to fear of a bad reaction

Comment

• It won't be a popular opinion but fcuk them.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                It won't be a popular opinion but fcuk them.
                Depends. If they have medical qualms quite frankly they are at least in a position to know more about it than I.

If these are hayseeds who also happen to be in the profession but are Dumpies, like the myriads rural teachers out there spreading their derp, then yes, by all means, put them on a barge, drag it to the center of the North Atlantic, and use it for bombing practice. c.f. home schoolers.

Although...

... leaving them in place will tend to depopulate those regions quicker, so maybe let's not be too hasty.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Depends. If they have medical qualms quite frankly they are at least in a position to know more about it than I.

If these are hayseeds who also happen to be in the profession but are Dumpies, like the myriads rural teachers out there spreading their derp, then yes, by all means, put them on a barge, drag it to the center of the North Atlantic, and use it for bombing practice. c.f. home schoolers.

Although...

... leaving them in place will tend to depopulate those regions quicker, so maybe let's not be too hasty.
                  Don’t believe the hype. Dr. Fauci and a nurse’s assistant in Bumblefcku, PA may both be “medical professionals,” but their opinions are not equally useful. As critical as they are and as grateful as I am that they are willing to do a tough and unsavory job, that doesn’t mean they know diddley about the biochemistry of viruses.

What are they basing all this reluctance on? All those other vaccine rollouts that they have seen go wrong? Oh, wait - no, they didn’t see that because it never happened.

If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                    Don’t believe the hype. Dr. Fauci and a nurse’s assistant in Bumblefcku, PA may both be “medical professionals,” but their opinions are not equally useful. As critical as they are and as grateful as I am that they are willing to do a tough and unsavory job, that doesn’t mean they know diddley about the biochemistry of viruses.

What are they basing all this reluctance on? All those other vaccine rollouts that they have seen go wrong? Oh, wait - no, they didn’t see that because it never happened.
                    Um, that is not accurate. Rotavirus, Lymerix are 2 that come immediately to mind. both needed to be recalled. Having said that I couldn't get in line fast enough and am waiting for dose 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Um, that is not accurate. Rotavirus, Lymerix are 2 that come immediately to mind. both needed to be recalled. Having said that I couldn't get in line fast enough and am waiting for dose 2.
                      Yeah Lymerix is why my dogs get Lyme vaccine but I cannot

Comment

• Interesting strategy to encourage people to get the vaccine

https://mobile.twitter.com/RexChapma...80821417058304

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Horsehockey. There were 59 alleged cases of arthritis out of 1.4 million doses of Lymerix administered (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2870557/). Media hype suppressed demand to the point that SmithKlineBeecham voluntarily pulled it. There is no way that health providers are considering that event, objectively weighing the benefits and the risks, and are making a rational choice to refuse the vaccine.

Health providers have fear-driven lizard brains, the same as most of the population.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Honestly if there wasnt a shortage of workers I would tell any medical professional who refuses for any reason that isnt "my patients need it more than me" they are relieved of duty. Sorry but that is reckless and stupid and in a time when we are struggling to get people to even admit the disease is real it is imperative that they set the right example. Why would I get the vaccine (if I was skeptical) if even the people giving it to me dont think it is important?

Sorry but I find that to be selfish and bordering on malpractice. (not speaking legally just in terms of their job)
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Horsehockey. There were 59 alleged cases of arthritis out of 1.4 million doses of Lymerix administered (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2870557/). Media hype suppressed demand to the point that SmithKlineBeecham voluntarily pulled it. There is no way that health providers are considering that event, objectively weighing the benefits and the risks, and are making a rational choice to refuse the vaccine.

Health providers have fear-driven lizard brains, the same as most of the population.
                              And, there is lots of credible evidence for a causal relationship between Lyme disease and Alzheimer's. I feel very fortunate to have received the three-shot Lymerix dosage before it was pulled.

Comment

That's what I said, LF. If they're rural rubes who got their medical credentials from I Can't Believe It's a Nursing School, then they can bite me. I'm sure they're basing their critical virology on Bible passages the same way they pick their Mega Millions numbers.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X