Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by aparch View Post
    It's almost as if someone doesn't understand how statistics and averages work...
    Great information. Imagine being so informed that you feel that ^^ was worth your time to post.

    #CovidZombie

    Comment


    • Post 5731, for those who can't see it, can be best summed up as "Dodge, dip, dive, duck, and...dodge."
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

      "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

      "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

      Comment


      • Wow I only have 4819 posts. Jebby, Whalers and Chuck sure do post a lot ;^)
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

          It's going to keep getting worse before it gets better.
          January will be the worst single month I bet.

          Despite knowing a hundred times more about infectious diseases and how best to limit the reach of an epidemic or pandemic than we did in 1918, COVID-19 will have killed as many people in this country as the Spanish flu did in 1918-1919 by the time this peters out (hopefully) by the end of 2021. We will almost certainly be one of the very few countries (possibly the only country) where that is true.

          If the Biden administration can figure out an effective way to ramp up the manufacture, distribution and application of the various vaccines, we could have this under control by summer. The issue is that 40% of this country will absolutely refuse to let the federal government tell them what to do. And once again, a minority of the country will be responsible for the continued, needless deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.

          I have asked this question over and over and over and over, but why are we allowing this to happen? Had some country full of brown people with funny sounding names attacked us in a more conventional sense and killed 1000s of Americans over a period of just a few days, the response would have been overwhelming. In a way, coronavirus has BEEN our civil war. Most of the 350,000+ that have died are needless casualties of a civil war that has been brewing in this country for a generation. The right in this country has attacked us, and inflicted enormous harm, both in terms of blood and treasure. I don't think there is any other way of viewing this pandemic, at least within the confines of our country.

          COVID-19 was going to kill a lot of Americans. It was going to like a bad flu season on steroids. With all of the built in weaknesses and failings of our healthcare system I would not have been surprised under the best of circumstances to have seen 100,000 Americans succumb over a period of 12-18 months. But not the 500,000 or more we are likely to see by the time the weather warms up and we should be enjoying the coming summer. That's more Americans than in both world wars combined. And yet the only enemy casualties so far have been the ones who, also coincidentally, succumbed to the virus. What a shame.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by aparch View Post
            It's almost as if someone doesn't understand how statistics and averages work...
            It's hard to understand how anyone can find excuses in the climbing death rates from Covid. They constantly try to pretend that deaths are going down, especially looking at an individual day, but even that number has been constantly increasing.

            How does one dance around the death of over 350,000 fellow American's that is very unique to 2020 is, well, sad. Again, if ONE person is punched by anyone from a different country, they will DEMAND vengeance. To the point of carpet bombing people if one person dies, and the source is from the wrong colored skin or religion.

            But 3,000 of your fellow Americans die from a preventable source... that's somehow normal and acceptable. Why? Because economy. That's the best reason they can come up with. Otherwise, there's no REAL justification of protesting any of the means to keep people safe- other than made up ones.

            It's all the actual worship of a complete moron.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

              How does one dance around the death of over 350,000 fellow American's that is very unique to 2020 is, well, sad. Again, if ONE person is punched by anyone from a different country, they will DEMAND vengeance. To the point of carpet bombing people if one person dies, and the source is from the wrong colored skin or religion.

              But 3,000 of your fellow Americans die from a preventable source... that's somehow normal and acceptable. Why? Because economy. That's the best reason they can come up with. Otherwise, there's no REAL justification of protesting any of the means to keep people safe- other than made up ones.
              Imagine the special kind of stupid and ignorance it takes to think their are 3,000 unique Covid deaths every single day, yet hospitalization data right now is no different from years past.

              Comment


              • The brainwashed trolls are still trying here? Lol

                Comment


                • Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Post 5731, for those who can't see it, can be best summed up as "Dodge, dip, dive, duck, and...dodge."
                  We keep throwing wrenches at him too....
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                  Live Radio from 100.3

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    The brainwashed trolls are still trying here? Lol
                    Says the Zombie^^ who won't leave the house for 1.5 years (at least, by the time this is all said and done) and is afraid of healthy people breathing!!!
                    Last edited by Jeb2020; 01-01-2021, 11:15 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

                      January will be the worst single month I bet.

                      Despite knowing a hundred times more about infectious diseases and how best to limit the reach of an epidemic or pandemic than we did in 1918, COVID-19 will have killed as many people in this country as the Spanish flu did in 1918-1919 by the time this peters out (hopefully) by the end of 2021. We will almost certainly be one of the very few countries (possibly the only country) where that is true.

                      If the Biden administration can figure out an effective way to ramp up the manufacture, distribution and application of the various vaccines, we could have this under control by summer. The issue is that 40% of this country will absolutely refuse to let the federal government tell them what to do. And once again, a minority of the country will be responsible for the continued, needless deaths of tens of thousands of Americans.

                      I have asked this question over and over and over and over, but why are we allowing this to happen? Had some country full of brown people with funny sounding names attacked us in a more conventional sense and killed 1000s of Americans over a period of just a few days, the response would have been overwhelming. In a way, coronavirus has BEEN our civil war. Most of the 350,000+ that have died are needless casualties of a civil war that has been brewing in this country for a generation. The right in this country has attacked us, and inflicted enormous harm, both in terms of blood and treasure. I don't think there is any other way of viewing this pandemic, at least within the confines of our country.

                      COVID-19 was going to kill a lot of Americans. It was going to like a bad flu season on steroids. With all of the built in weaknesses and failings of our healthcare system I would not have been surprised under the best of circumstances to have seen 100,000 Americans succumb over a period of 12-18 months. But not the 500,000 or more we are likely to see by the time the weather warms up and we should be enjoying the coming summer. That's more Americans than in both world wars combined. And yet the only enemy casualties so far have been the ones who, also coincidentally, succumbed to the virus. What a shame.

                      Amazing that people in the health care industry need to be bribed likes this.


                      Comment


                      • The only consolation going forward, is that through the combination of mask wearing by the smart people, and people being vaccinated, the majority of the ones dying in the future will be the mask deniers, the virus hoaxers, the ones staging mass events to 'open up our economy', the ones showing up in armed groups terrorizing out elected and medical professionals. In short, the ones who deserve to be dying.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          The only consolation going forward, is that through the combination of mask wearing by the smart people, and people being vaccinated, the majority of the ones dying in the future will be the mask deniers, the virus hoaxers, the ones staging mass events to 'open up our economy', the ones showing up in armed groups terrorizing out elected and medical professionals. In short, the ones who deserve to be dying.
                          We will be hearing the refrain "if I had only known" a lot, I bet.

                          But that's willful ignorance by now. If you are willing to risk your life like that for the economy, you have to accept that you will lose at a higher rate than average.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            (1)The only consolation going forward, is that through the combination of mask wearing by the smart people, and people being vaccinated, the (2) majority of the ones dying in the future will be the mask deniers, the virus hoaxers, the ones staging mass events to 'open up our economy', the ones showing up in armed groups terrorizing out elected and medical professionals. (3) In short, the ones who deserve to be dying.
                            1. Going forward? You have been saying this the entire past year.

                            2. False, People 65+, account for only 17% of the population, but 85% of COVID deaths.

                            3. LMAO, another year of this kind of talk. The group that cares so much about everyone.


                            Remember #CovidZombies, please take care of your mental health. It has deteriorated greatly for so many the last 9 months, another year is going have many very long term consequences.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

                              We will be hearing the refrain "if I had only known" a lot, I bet.

                              But that's willful ignorance by now. If you are willing to risk your life like that for the economy, you have to accept that you will lose at a higher rate than average.
                              I'm sure people will claim "I am accepting that risk" as if they are the only ones who will be harmed....

                              Too dumb to understand that this is more like drunk driving than driving fast. It's not about risking your own life, it's risking the lives of people around you- know them or not.

                              Anyway, sorry to those who passed in 2020 due to gross leadership negligence. And sorry to those who will die in 2021.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                The only consolation going forward, is that through the combination of mask wearing by the smart people, and people being vaccinated, the majority of the ones dying in the future will be the mask deniers, the virus hoaxers, the ones staging mass events to 'open up our economy', the ones showing up in armed groups terrorizing out elected and medical professionals. In short, the ones who deserve to be dying.
                                Well, I understand the sentiment, but there are considerations to make.

                                These vaccines have not been tested on pregnant or nursing mothers, so a good chunk of those women will not get vaccinated. And then there are those who simply cannot get the vaccines due to allergies or whatever else. Those are the people who will truly suffer at the hands of the hoaxer population.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                                "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                                "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X