Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

We had an article in the local paper today, first responders like police, fire, and ambulance are starting to get vaccinated. IF THEY WANT TO.

What??? I'm sorry, you work in those areas, you get vaccinated, end of story. Condition of your employment. You don't like it, fine, you can go work at Wal-Mart. You don't need to be continued to be employed by the town.
    I don't know how much it impacts society if they get vaccinated or not. Since they're likely to still be contagious, assuming they coming contact with the virus outside the vaccine. The vaccine will really just keep them out in public as another group of asymptomatic people spreading the thing to people who aren't within the Tier 1 list - people like you and me.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

We had an article in the local paper today, first responders like police, fire, and ambulance are starting to get vaccinated. IF THEY WANT TO.
      It's to appease the dopes. Look at that list. The ambulance people will all get vaccinated gladly; they have some comprehension of science and medicine. The cops and fire are recruited from the dregs -- it's going to be a crapshoot. A lot of them will have idiocies running around in their brains from Dear Leader or their god myths or whatever.

I wonder if the military is mandating. On the one hand: the grunts have no rights and even if soldiers don't understand science the brass do. On the other hand: pervasive ashattery throughout the services.
      Last edited by Kepler; 12-30-2020, 01:42 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

What??? I'm sorry, you work in those areas, you get vaccinated, end of story. Condition of your employment. You don't like it, fine, you can go work at Wal-Mart. You don't need to be continued to be employed by the town.
        A friend from high school (cow county, Maryland) is an EMT for Baltimore. She posted that her employer contacted her about getting the vaccine next week, she wrote, "I'm not sure how to feel". I interpret it as, she still lives in Trump-ville, surrounded by Fox News believing friends. Even first responders can fall victim to the cult.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I think if companies will start the vaccination process, they will wait for a vaccine that doesn't require the super cold storage. Limiting failures due to process and human error as much as possible would be best. Those failure points skyrocket once you introduce additional transit stretches into the distribution process.
          I don’t disagree. My poorly stated point was it’s not hard for a company the size of mine to offer vaccines, logistics, etc for all 100+ sites in the US (worldwide too maybe). Each site with an average population the size of a tiny rural farm community and a total worldwide population of less than a third that of Minneapolis. The records keeping and electronic logistics are easy enough to solve.

A county government should be able to figure this out; a state certainly should; and if the feds can’t, we’re all ****ed.

Anyways... a state should be able to figure out how to roll up a redundant pair of cold storage semis to a site no matter how rural the location and get people vaccinated. This isn’t hard. It’s just a malicious refusal of some localities to participate.

Exit: Actually, going back to the context, I realize my point was that a state could easily contract with companies and pharmacies to distribute to local communities once we get to a phase where we’re shipping millions of doses a week.
          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-30-2020, 02:25 PM.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            I'd bet companies are concerned with liability of company sponsored vaccinations of a new vaccine.
            Maybe. But I’d guess the liability is a fraction of the profits they’re losing because we’re all shut down.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

I agree with your numbers. I do see some potential problems though, particularly as it relates to rural areas/counties:

(1) There aren't necessarily even 15 people (or 5 sites) in every county capable of providing the vaccines in rural areas. We would need to have a lot of people traveling to rural counties to provides the vaccinations. Doable, but it may not make the most sense.
              (2) There are a lot of really large (and really rural) counties, and to vaccinate everyone within the county would require some significant travel. I'm not saying it is not worth it, but some people may not be willing to travel very far to get the vaccine.
              (3) Even if we were able to vaccinate at the rates you are talking about (essentially, 2,160 vaccinations/day/county), there would be a lot of counties that would be done within a day or two.

If it were me, I would focus on the most populated areas in the state, and have limited sites in the rural areas. You probably don't get to 6.5M vaccinations per day, but you can probably get 1-2M/day.
              I was kind of hinting toward an average. Like it would be pretty easy to find 20-30 sites in Wayne County (Metro Detroit) Michigan. And that would mean some remote county could deal with one. And another 20 in each touching county to that.

An obvious location to do this are at pharmacies- since they already to flu shots. And I know of 3 within a mile. Which makes the point about remote counties and people even more stark- it would take some work to find a central enough spot. But using pharmacies that most people have access to would pretty much cover enough people to get herd immunity.

Th greater point is that it's not that hard. Every single person and every single business in this country gets mail every day but Sunday. So to think we can't do multi-millions of things every day is not really correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                These old vets were gonna die anyway amirite

https://mobile.twitter.com/FPWellman...81820771348480
                Other thank standing at events, the racist party does not care about vets- never have. Ever. But that's for another thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I was kind of hinting toward an average. Like it would be pretty easy to find 20-30 sites in Wayne County (Metro Detroit) Michigan. And that would mean some remote county could deal with one. And another 20 in each touching county to that.

An obvious location to do this are at pharmacies- since they already to flu shots. And I know of 3 within a mile. Which makes the point about remote counties and people even more stark- it would take some work to find a central enough spot. But using pharmacies that most people have access to would pretty much cover enough people to get herd immunity.

Th greater point is that it's not that hard. Every single person and every single business in this country gets mail every day but Sunday. So to think we can't do multi-millions of things every day is not really correct.
                  Furthermore, pharmacies would actually get it done. They love foot traffic. Nothing that Walgreens or CVS loves better than handing out free flu shots to the oldsters.

I would mandate that every person who walks into a hospital or clinic gets stuck. I don't care if they come in because they have a rash on their ballsack. Vaccinate them. Every single one. They have time to take my temperature and ask me a bunch of questions, they have time to stick me with a needle.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Furthermore, pharmacies would actually get it done. They love foot traffic. Nothing that Walgreens or CVS loves better than handing out free flu shots to the oldsters.

I would mandate that every person who walks into a hospital or clinic gets stuck. I don't care if they come in because they have a rash on their ballsack. Vaccinate them. Every single one. They have time to take my temperature and ask me a bunch of questions, they have time to stick me with a needle.
                    OK, sure. But they need a vaccine to stick you with. Whatcha gonna do about that?
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Jfc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ds-pack-in.amp

Comment

OK, sure. But they need a vaccine to stick you with. Whatcha gonna do about that?
                        Well, according to the CDC, 11 million doses or more have been distributed to the states, but maybe 2.1 million plus vaccinated? That suggests there are some doses somewhere.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Say that's true. I doubt it, but say it is. 11 million whole doses! For the entire country!!! For a vaccine that needs two doses/person. Wow.

Is that for this week? What about next week? The week after?

Gonna be a lot of sticking of folks just walking into the hospital.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• So in reply to one post suggesting that vaccinating everyone is really hard, we came up with the obvious solution to cover everyone within a half a day. One that most people here could agree with. (not vaccinate everyone in a half day, but the potential workable solution)

The big issue now is to get coolers out to places, but those have been ordered for many places already- I had heard that my company bought a bunch. But that was just one of the vaccines.

In contrast, the "leadership" we have still have no idea to vaccinate 1M people a day. Who in the world is running this country?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              There is going to be a lot of people in 2 weeks asking for thoughts and prayers...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

There is going to be a lot of people in 2 weeks asking for thoughts and prayers...
                                Speaking of, Dump is having a New Years Party with 500 people at the Tyrant's Toilet in West Palm.

Maybe they'll all be dead by 1/20.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 12-30-2020, 03:51 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X