Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Here's the thing. My post last night was primarily about poking fun at Minnesota, comparing it to the Dakotas. It's a hobby of mine, what can I say.

I agree that we should have a plan for distribution and not just hand out the vaccine off the trucks as it arrives in the state. But if we already have 90,000 doses here, with another 40,000+ arriving today, start getting it into nursing homes and hospitals. I mean how hard can that be? There are professionals in each of those places whose job it is to administer shots. 3,000 is a bit silly.
    You and I are in perfect alignment. This isn’t hard. Minor errors in prioritization are far less damaging than no vaccine at all. I know I’ve been pretty outspoken on prioritization, but that was assuming that we would be efficiently distributing it. This is a scandal if they don’t increase that number to 30,000 by Sunday.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Huff was who I was thinking of, but schilling is a great answer.
      Trevor Bauer too.

Jocks: uneducated, aggro, and rich. The intersection on the conservative Venn Diagram.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You and I are in perfect alignment. This isn’t hard. Minor errors in prioritization are far less damaging than no vaccine at all. I know I’ve been pretty outspoken on prioritization, but that was assuming that we would be efficiently distributing it. This is a scandal if they don’t increase that number to 30,000 by Sunday.
        Who is in charge of doing it? I mean the vaccines cant just be sitting in a warehouse somewhere right? They need to be headed to some hospitals...so has the state not figured out which hospitals are getting it or are the hospitals all sitting on it waiting to figure out who to give it to?

This doesn't seem like it should be hard. What is the glitch?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I don’t think hospitals are sitting on it but I’m not involved.

it’s not advanced project Mgmt once it gets to hospital- so agreed this shouldn’t be too difficult

Comment

• One of the practices I work with was contacted by our DPH about being a pilot outpatient site. They got 100 doses (unsure if it's 100 total, or 100 now and 100 in a couple of weeks for dose 2).

It's great that they're doing that, but means I'll be working straight through for a few more days, possibly into Christmas. Ugh. We thought we had a few more weeks until we got to the patient vaccination part.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
              So despite the fear mongering and non-stop missteps, it seems that we are getting vaccine doses here in MA quicker than we had anticipated. We're working on getting Phase 1b folks vaccinated now as we work through 1a as well. Maybe Phase 2 will begin sooner than we thought.
              Congrats to MA I guess, but it wasn't fear mongering. CO is receiving 30% fewer doses than expected this week (~40k vs ~56k).

Comment

• Yeah, MA is doing a great job with the Trump Vaccine. Prison inmates are first in line, IN FRONT OF the elderly, to get the vaccine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/18/h...achusetts.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-rollout.html

Remember, Republicans don't want to wear a mask so they can kill grandma. Now Ultra Blue Massachusetts cares more about the rapist and murderer surviving. Grandma? Not so much.

Let's see how you will spin this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post
                  Yeah, MA is doing a great job with the Trump Vaccine. Prison inmates are first in line, IN FRONT OF the elderly, to get the vaccine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/18/h...achusetts.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-rollout.html

Remember, Republicans don't want to wear a mask so they can kill grandma. Now Ultra Blue Massachusetts cares more about the rapist and murderer surviving. Grandma? Not so much.

Let's see how you will spin this.
                  Yeah, that democrat running the state is such a, oh....

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

Yeah, that democrat running the state is such a, oh....
                    Please do not quote the derp.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

Congrats to MA I guess, but it wasn't fear mongering. CO is receiving 30% fewer doses than expected this week (~40k vs ~56k).
                      My wife's friend is a nurse working with COVID patients in Arizona. Somehow that state is receive about half of its assigned doses from the Feds. I wonder if there's a connection between those two states and them receiving fewer doses than promised. I'm going to hold my breath until I'm blue in the face to try and figure out this one.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I know 10 people who have gotten the vaccine.
                        Now 15 (three work together)
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I still don't get why this would be so difficult...but I also don't feel the desire to research it much so maybe I am part of the problem ;^)
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• "The Trump vaccine"

jfc

Watch yesterday's 60 Minutes and repeat that with a straight face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              "The Trump vaccine"

jfc

Watch yesterday's 60 Minutes and repeat that with a straight face.
                              Fake NUES!
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Now 15 (three work together)
                                That’s great and all, the numbers hovey said were accurate as of last night. Maybe someone got their azz in gear today. Or maybe it’s just a really big coincidence you know so many in a small group

Comment

Working...
                                X