Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeb2020
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Vaccine has WAY overperformed expectations.
    There is zero change in all cause mortality this year compared to last.

If there was an effective measure you would be able to observe a difference in all cause.

In addition to that, you have needed 3 shots not 2, they were never sold as that initially. And certainly not a 4th which is looking more likely.

They were sold as eliminating infection, that is a complete farce.

And in regards to Covid metrics, cases and deaths are higher. So the magic vaccine couldn’t even put a dent in those metrics.

Finally, Covidians while boosted are still wearing masks and acting like freak shows. Far from “normal.”

The majority of the public has lost respect and faith in the “public health officials.” Only a handful of zealots will get their 4th shot we know that based on how few are getting a booster.

Covidians like Covid because it has given them a sense of purpose. Its over. It’s best to move on with your life and start the repair.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I still don't see how more testing will change anything at this point. The behavior of the anti won't be changed at all, they will still go out scoffing at vaccines and and safety measures the rest of us are taking. And they will continue do get sick and die.

Which is also the main reasons I don't see other measures doing anything- like theoretical lock downs. The people who would do it are already doing their best to reduce exposure and know before going to meet people. And the anti people will just organize potentially violent actions to stop any restrictions.

Testing certainly will help people who understand the seriousness of this- but given the statistics, we are not the problem. By a pretty massive margin.
    Because small changes in exponential functions yield massive changes. Not trying to be flippant. It’s just hard to overstate how powerful that function is with an R0 around 10.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I think the situation is just mediocre. We had a one year late start thanks to Dump. But we should have had testing in place nationally by now. We're starting to, to Biden admin's credit, but it took way too long.
    I still don't see how more testing will change anything at this point. The behavior of the anti won't be changed at all, they will still go out scoffing at vaccines and and safety measures the rest of us are taking. And they will continue do get sick and die.

Which is also the main reasons I don't see other measures doing anything- like theoretical lock downs. The people who would do it are already doing their best to reduce exposure and know before going to meet people. And the anti people will just organize potentially violent actions to stop any restrictions.

Testing certainly will help people who understand the seriousness of this- but given the statistics, we are not the problem. By a pretty massive margin.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Vaccine has WAY overperformed expectations.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Couple random questions for everyone...have the vaccines over or underperformed your expectations and how do you feel about the Covid situation now versus a year ago?
    Anyone who says "under" literally knows nothing about vaccines. Like, these are going to go down as some of the most safe and efficacious vaccines in the history of mankind and they were developed in under a year during a global pandemic. (Edit: and as Kepler pointed out, they had a dictator in charge with people who gave zero fucks about it and the people who would die as a a result.)

It's a fucking shame that the Nobel prizes can only be given to three people because there are thousands of people who deserve an assload of credit for this. They have saved an incalculable number of people.

I think the situation is just mediocre. We had a one year late start thanks to Dump. But we should have had testing in place nationally by now. We're starting to, to Biden admin's credit, but it took way too long.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-31-2021, 05:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X