Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My hospital vaccinated it's first people this morning. I couldn't be more excited. I'm heading in to help support the evening clinic.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Busybodies. Wow. Yeah, nothing better to do but help slow down a pandemic.

But to your actual point, this is a really stupid stunt. Losing your liquor license for 60 days isn’t that bad during a pandemic. Losing it for 5 years because none of these idiots has ever been told no, that seems bad. And probable. The state should have pulled their business licenses and arrested them.
      Given how much they rely on being open, just pull their license. There's no need or benefit to an arrest spectacle- that would just add to the "they want to end business" that goes on on their circles. The license lost would close the doors, and that would end it. Sell the license to someone more responsible, and let them run with it.

The real sad part is that some of them may actually see that the fault lies with their representation in congress, who would easily support them for 100 days. Get people's tax forms, look at their income for 365 days, and send them a check for 1/3 of their stated income. Easy, peasy. Anyway, I have seen one of the "brave" actually put the blame firmly on the US Congress- it's either pay them to close, or let them open.

We are more than capable of doing that.

And it would not be hard to project take out only support- do the above support 100% for the servers who can't work. Start with 50% support for the workers who can work (who will certainly face reductions), and then tell them that the difference will be made up in taxes. That way owners can add or subtract one or two people as the actual output is above or below 50%.

Comment

But to your actual point, this is a really stupid stunt. Losing your liquor license for 60 days isn’t that bad during a pandemic. Losing it for 5 years because none of these idiots has ever been told no, that seems bad. And probable. The state should have pulled their business licenses and arrested them.
        The only thing I can conclude is that these establishments must already have a legal team lined up and ready to file suit if they are shutdown by the state health department. They want a court battle so they can try to make this about their economic freedumbs.

Comment

• I can't wait for the deniers to figure out that there's a difference between the count of hospital ICU beds and hospital beds in total. Once they figure out that not all doctors are trained to work in the ICU, and that placing a sick person in the cosmetic surgery' recovery room bed isn't going to yield the same results. Therefore, people are concern with overall hospital bed usage rate, but rather the current ICU bed usage rate. Of course, they won't really know that until they're busy dying in an ICU bed all because of a supposed hoax and hospital staff that can't - though valiantly they try - fully keep up with the need.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Busybodies. Wow. Yeah, nothing better to do but help slow down a pandemic.

The gyms should be closed permanantly and the owners should be barred from a business license for 5 years. Especially the Crossfit Cults screw them.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I was a little surprised that I'm not familiar with any of them myself. Other than the East Grand Forks bar that's been in the news lately, none of the names rang a bell at all.
              I think some of the "names" got spooked by the idea of losing out on PPP funds. The "Anonymous" in Hennepin County will wait to see the backlash and what the state does before they name themselves.

Back in the day when my buddy worked for 93X we used to love to go to Bogarts...havent been there since I had enough money to go anywhere else ;^)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

The only thing I can conclude is that these establishments must already have a legal team lined up and ready to file suit if they are shutdown by the state health department. They want a court battle so they can try to make this about their economic freedumbs.
                So, we can't lose money by being shut down, but we can pay that money to lawyers to file stupid lawsuits for us?

Yep, sounds like 'Merica.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• I enjoy the people on Twitter who respond with "I am sure they won't miss you" whenever people say they are going to boycott. Pretty sure they are pulling this stunt because they miss any and all business so...
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Especially the Crossfit Cults screw them.
                    Do you even kettlebell, bro? ;-)

Comment

• Chris Whitty just said absolutely we are not going to completely eradicate Covid. Not a complete shock but disappointing to hear.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I think some of the "names" got spooked by the idea of losing out on PPP funds. The "Anonymous" in Hennepin County will wait to see the backlash and what the state does before they name themselves.

Back in the day when my buddy worked for 93X we used to love to go to Bogarts...havent been there since I had enough money to go anywhere else ;^)
                        One thing I was thinking about the other day is this. Walz is obviously the villain for the people that want to re-open, but Keith Ellison is quickly becoming #2. Ellison has never shied away from a tv camera or a microphone, and he is (and will continue to be) the guy responsible for shutting these businesses down.

Ellison has also made himself the face of the prosecution of the George Floyd cops. All it takes is one on the jury. I don't think you ever want your lawyer to be one of the most disliked guys in the state.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Florida has never been a model of accountable governance, but this depravity reported today... it seems so unnecessarily gross... they blocked reporting of COVID deaths for two weeks leading up to the election to make sure relevant information on the surge didn't reach the MAGA voters (as if they would have paid any attention anyway, but hiding info. on citizen deaths, really?). And speaking of DeSantis soul sister, don't get me started on DeJoy openly burning the records of his crime spree. The more I learn about Republicans the more angry I get.
                          Beginning of Trump's term I'm like "watch out fellow conservatives, this is going to hurt our party in the long run"; end of Trump's term "at least this open corruption will help us burn the entire vile Republican crime family to the ground."
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            Beginning of Trump's term I'm like "watch out fellow conservatives, this is going to hurt our party in the long run"; end of Trump's term "at least this open corruption will help us burn the entire vile Republican crime family to the ground."
                            And I'm sure you were called a RINO/CINO and/or a cuckservative for that.

The cult is crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Chris Whitty just said absolutely we are not going to completely eradicate Covid. Not a complete shock but disappointing to hear.
                              We haven't eradicated Spanish Flu. I'm not certain an influenza virus can ever be eradicated. We can control them with immunization and public health education. We can prosecute criminals who exploit fear and ignorance to make money.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The gyms should be closed permanantly and the owners should be barred from a business license for 5 years. Especially the Crossfit Cults screw them.
                                Walz is caving on the gyms. Also on youth sports, probably to try to dodge that lawsuit that was started by the sports organizations. And you can invite one family to Christmas, so pick the best cook.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X