Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another banner day...201k new cases and 2861 dead. American Exceptionalism!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

      From a public health standpoint they need to be first. They are the most likely to be vectors and most likely to be vectors that travel and make the most of their vector-ness. The joe public smart people are less likely to be spreading and at risk because they do smart things to prevent. Much as my unChristian part wants all the fvckers to die off, the smart thing to do is to neuter the disease where the most spread occurs.
      But from what others have said, they can still be spreaders despite having taken the vaccine. They just won't ever get sick.

      Let everyone else get the vaccine first, and they'll be protected. Let these people get sick and die. It's what nature intended.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

      Comment


      • CA with over 24,000 cases today. That's more than just about every country in Africa, individually, have total.

        NH breaks the 800 mark.
        Last edited by rufus; 12-08-2020, 08:34 PM.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

        Comment


        • Jesus...

          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

          Comment


          • Well not to put to fine a point on it but today would rank 4th just behind 9/11 with 2913. I would bet before this is all said and done Antietam goes down.

            We will pass 300k dead this week. I remember when media types got a little hot under the collar when President-Elect Joe Biden suggested that was where we were headed by the end of the year. We will pass it with half a month to spare.



            (based on worldometers)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rufus View Post

              But from what others have said, they can still be spreaders despite having taken the vaccine. They just won't ever get sick.

              Let everyone else get the vaccine first, and they'll be protected. Let these people get sick and die. It's what nature intended.
              It’s very unlikely to be a spreader after having been vaccinated with the moderna or Pfizer vaccine. They infected rhesus monkeys with sars-cov-2 after vaccinating them and had an extremely difficult time isolating any virus RNA from their respiratory system. The ones given the placebo were full of virus. It just hasn’t been tested enough for the manufacturers to say this, but if you’ve been vaccinated it’s very unlikely you’d shed enough virus to infect others if you still got infected.


              I just found out tonight that based on how the initial Pfizer shipments will likely go, plus my rural location, it looks like most likely we’ll be getting the moderna vaccination shipped to our local hospital for priority 1 (since they can ship it in smaller lots). It’s looking like I should get my first dose anywhere from a couple days before Christmas to mid/late July depending on how efficient the government is at managing this.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                It’s looking like I should get my first dose anywhere from a couple days before Christmas to mid/late July depending on how efficient the government is at managing this.
                God ain’t that the truth. It’s how I’m seeing my wife’s priority. She’s probably 1A-2, which sounds awesome! But there are like 280k people in her group or earlier with 180k vaccinations available (360k doses total)
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                  God ain’t that the truth. It’s how I’m seeing my wife’s priority. She’s probably 1A-2, which sounds awesome! But there are like 280k people in her group or earlier with 180k vaccinations available (360k doses total)
                  Im actually joking.

                  I would be very surprised if I don’t get it in the next 4 weeks.

                  but then again....

                  Comment


                  • It looks like a large percentage of people have a severe immune response for the second dose and can be pretty much out of commission for the next day (could be 25% of younger people but very uncommon in older patients)

                    I’m certain I’ll read Facebook posts from people claiming they were “infected” by the vaccine even though it’s impossible to be infected by these mRNA vaccines as they don’t contain any virus. It’s just an immune response and it goes away after 12-24 hours.

                    Comment


                    • Look who's back to explain the vaccines.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        It looks like a large percentage of people have a severe immune response for the second dose and can be pretty much out of commission for the next day (could be 25% of younger people but very uncommon in older patients)

                        I’m certain I’ll read Facebook posts from people claiming they were “infected” by the vaccine even though it’s impossible to be infected by these mRNA vaccines as they don’t contain any virus. It’s just an immune response and it goes away after 12-24 hours.
                        Really? Wow. Surprised this is the first I’ve heard of this. Either way, interesting.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                          Really? Wow. Surprised this is the first I’ve heard of this. Either way, interesting.
                          We were told that around 25% of younger people may experience fevers, aches, headaches, joint pain, headache, general malaise, etc after second does. _much_ more common in younger people. Older people had fewer side effects. Told to plan to take it easy the next day. This is after the second dose when the immune response is stronger.

                          Comment


                          • Almost.

                            9/11: 2977
                            12/9: 2913
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BassAle View Post



                              I would be very surprised if I don’t get it in the next 4 weeks.

                              but then again....
                              Really? I didn't think Maine got enough to do front line medical folks and nursing home patients?
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                              Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Jesus...

                                But its no big deal. Nothing could have been done. Human nature and all.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X