Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infanticide-Geronticide2020. It may fit on a red hat.
    Own it.
    $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
    Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
      Infanticide-Geronticide2020. It may fit on a red hat.
      Own it.
      Good call. I am all for investigating those who drew up policy to put sick elderly people in the elderly LTCG population. And also cut off those elderly from their family. If someone were trying to do harm to that group that’s the exact blue print.

My guess is though you are more of a let’s mask up 290 million people who don’t have a virus kind of guy. And pretend that we are doing something.
      Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-26-2020, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post

Easy Handy...my apology wasn't intended to indicate me quoting him was unintentional. Not in the least. More of a passive-aggressive Minnesota kind of gesture. Regardless, whether it's Jeb or Chuck (Murray), I've tried to limit actually quoting them in an attempt to honor the requests of yourself and others to not do so. And, I rarely do use the "quote" feature with Jeb. Still, I do find it odd that you allow the fact I and others occasionally do quote Jeb to be such a triggering thing for you. As you're obviously well aware, this is a "forum" where discussion, debate, and disagreement is kind of actually encouraged. Don't get me wrong, I understand why you and others choose to "ignore" him. But trust me, "fighting him" is not an ego thing. Not one bit. I just enjoy the back and forth. Although admittedly, he generally doesn't respond when you put him in a corner from a "facts" standpoint. Heck, even Kep has acknowledged recently that it's not his place to demand others stop quoting people he has on ignore.
        I deleted my post for a reason. I still agree with what I said but the tone was way off and in truth I am tired of having this discussion. Some of you feel the need to continue yelling into the wind and that is your business.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Not to mention, so far, anti-body protections seem rather short-lived, a matter of only a few months or so. Read yesterday of some guy who got it in early March from a trip to Europe, and now here he is, back with it again. Thought he was all good to go.
          I think I read a while back after like 3-4 months the antibodies are mostly gone. The BS about herd immunity is a pipe dream at this point.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

Low population herd immunity claims? If somewhere around 50% of a population has Cross-immunity between respiratory coronaviruses and then 10-20% come in contact with with the virus there is your 60-70%.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....15.20154294v1

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1....095414v2.full

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....23.20160762v1
            https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...762v1.full.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I think I read a while back after like 3-4 months the antibodies are mostly gone. The BS about herd immunity is a pipe dream at this point.
              ^^ Doesn’t understand antibodies. Makes sense that someone like a Handyman needs to secure themselves in a little echo chamber. Very fragile.

Antibodies after an infection don’t stay heightened forever. The importance is the immune systems ability to recognize the threat and being able to build the defense in the future. Also, if there is a T cell response to a threat antibodies might not even come into play in that case.

It is certainly possible that there is not long term immunity to Covid19 similar to the common cold, flu ect. If that is the case a vaccine would probably be nothing more than a seasonal booster shot versus a lifelong immunity type of vaccine.

Comment

• So Jeb, are you ever going to respond my post about IFR and the potential death counts if that even hits the .75% mark? What about the article that discusses the fact the CDC is likely grossly over-estimating annual flu deaths, thus making any comparison of either statewide or national annual flu deaths to Covid deaths completely inaccurate?

As for your herd immunity claim related to possible cross-coronavirus infections, did you read any of the comments from the articles you posted from Medrx? Some pretty knowledgeable people questioning the results. Also, are you going to address the two articles from Mayo and Johns Hopkins? They're saying herd immunity is closer to 70-80%.

Comment

So Jeb, are you ever going to respond my post about IFR and the potential death counts if that even hits the .75% mark? What about the article that discusses the fact the CDC is likely grossly over-estimating annual flu deaths, thus making any comparison of either statewide or national annual flu deaths to Covid deaths completely inaccurate?

As for your herd immunity claim related to possible cross-coronavirus infections, did you read any of the comments from the articles you posted from Medrx? Some pretty knowledgeable people questioning the results. Also, are you going to address the two articles from Mayo and Johns Hopkins? They're saying herd immunity is closer to 70-80%.
                  Hi Net I appreciate your willingness to discuss. But honestly your posts are extremely long and I only chat on my phone. To try to respond and hit on all the content you post isn’t an enjoyable experience! I have to continue to scroll and re-scroll do see if I caught everything.

This type of post is more realistic to reply to, one topic, ect.

Yes, I read both your articles and they are both about heard immunity in general. Those weren’t specific studies. But yes they are addressing the 70-80% herd immunity idea.

If there is cross immunity and somewhere in the ballpark of 50% of people mount a TCell defense and another 10-20% get the virus and recover. That’s where the ~70% comes into play.

I did read the comments and I did see some of the questions. And I saw the author of the study engage as well with response. I didn’t read into anyone challenging the integrity of the study or the intent as if the authors were motivated by some ill factors. but more discussing the controls going into it. Which is good and that is what should be done in any study.

Michael Osterholm says he spends 90% of his time learning, 8% making mistakes and 2% trying to correct the mistakes.

I am glad people are studying and learning about the content that was presented in the studies.
                  Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-26-2020, 01:24 PM.

Comment

So Jeb, are you ever going to respond my post about IFR and the potential death counts if that even hits the .75% mark? What about the article that discusses the fact the CDC is likely grossly over-estimating annual flu deaths, thus making any comparison of either statewide or national annual flu deaths to Covid deaths completely inaccurate?
                    I’ve posted many times on the IFR. Just an FYI the CDC is going with .65% right now. And it becomes very important to break it down by age groups to better understand the IFR across those groups and actually build a strategy that helps those that need it most. Versus broad brush type of policy that has little benefit to those that need it most.

Comment

• Just remember...Jeb is the guy who wants genuine conversation...as he insults everyone he disagrees with.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                        Just remember...Jeb is the guy who wants genuine conversation...as he insults everyone he disagrees with.
                        Lmao find one post where I have insulted anyone who hasn’t already gone that route.

Talk about living in a bubble.

Unscientific study but I’m guessing about 75% here have wished death upon a portion of the population on political lines. Lmao.
                        Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-26-2020, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                          Infanticide-Geronticide2020. It may fit on a red hat.
                          Own it.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8ghD8_asCM
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Age <1, .008% IFR
                            1-4, .005% IFR

https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/06/23...age-race-14863

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

Lol.

so please share how a vaccine is going to elicit an immune response and one that offers some sort of lasting immunity.

You know who is immune to Covid19. Healthy people. Most healthy people that come in contact will never get Covid19. Healthy people that do get it won’t even know.
                              Like the 3 pitchers for the Red Sox? who all got it last month

Rob Bradford of WEEI reports that the health complication causing Eduardo Rodriguez (COVID-19) to be shut down is related to his heart.

Bradford writes that "there seems to be a strong possibility the specific affliction is called myocarditis," which is inflammation of the heart muscle. Myocarditis is a condition often brought on by a viral infection and there have been many COVID-19 patients diagnosed with it. The Red Sox previously referred to Rodriguez's condition as "minor," and the hope seems to be that he will be fine after receiving medication and rest.

Red Sox manager Ron Roenicke said Wednesday that Darwinzon Hernandez (COVID-19) is "a ways away."

The same goes for Josh Taylor. Both pitchers are currently on the injured list following COVID-19 diagnoses, and Roenicke told reporters that they were "gassed" after throwing recent 20-pitch bullpen sessions.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post

Like the 3 pitchers for the Red Sox? who all got it last month

Rob Bradford of WEEI reports that the health complication causing Eduardo Rodriguez (COVID-19) to be shut down is related to his heart.

Bradford writes that "there seems to be a strong possibility the specific affliction is called myocarditis," which is inflammation of the heart muscle. Myocarditis is a condition often brought on by a viral infection and there have been many COVID-19 patients diagnosed with it. The Red Sox previously referred to Rodriguez's condition as "minor," and the hope seems to be that he will be fine after receiving medication and rest.

Red Sox manager Ron Roenicke said Wednesday that Darwinzon Hernandez (COVID-19) is "a ways away."

The same goes for Josh Taylor. Both pitchers are currently on the injured list following COVID-19 diagnoses, and Roenicke told reporters that they were "gassed" after throwing recent 20-pitch bullpen sessions.
                                Just came here to post this. Very scary that someone at his age and shape along with the care he is getting could be having such major issues. Jeb and other people like him who are spouting nonsense need to stop.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X