Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

At first I didn’t understand the graphic. It was just South Dakota. Then there was the “Oh **** that isn’t an axis, that’s the other line!” moment
    That was exactly what happened to me.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Since this is a college hockey board (hockey??!!) so far HE 'postponed' the UNH game with BC because of an inconclusive test, PC has been shut down twice, VT is shut down until mid Dec. Have heard rumors of other 'events'. Every Gov has begged for people to stay home. New restrictions re being able to go in between States.

Wondering just what it will take for people to stop treating players and staff like expendable serfs.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Since this is a college hockey board (hockey??!!) so far HE 'postponed' the UNH game with BC because of an inconclusive test, PC has been shut down twice, VT is shut down until mid Dec. Have heard rumors of other 'events'. Every Gov has begged for people to stay home. New restrictions re being able to go in between States.

Wondering just what it will take for people to stop treating players and staff like expendable serfs.
        Revolution, unfortunately.
        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Good Lord. Look at the projections through EOY and the end of next February based upon various levels of response to the pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Good Lord. Look at the projections through EOY and the end of next February based upon various levels of response to the pandemic.
            Over 600,000 deaths if we don't keep the current restrictions in place through February... Although we've all mused about it the last few months, I think the odds of having any type of legitimate hockey season are pretty remote. At least, they probably should be. Trump and his administration will have caused the needless deaths of hundreds of thousands by the time we get a widely distributed vaccine. What an absolute atrocity...

Comment

• I believe I have posted a number of times I think that when this pandemic finally dies down we'll have lost as many as were lost in the 1918-1919 pandemic. I still believe it. Even if Biden can get a decent federal response going, it isn't going to have any effect until the end of February at least. Without a full scale shutdown nationwide (something that even Biden opposes) we are going to continue to lose people at an alarming rate. The effectiveness of a vaccine is going to be minimal at best because you can probably double the anti-vax element when it comes to the COVID vaccine because even people who know this is a crisis are reluctant to get it owing to how bad this has been bungled.

Bodies piled up in the streets are the only thing that might make an impact dramatic enough that more people will do the right thing. Who knows, maybe thanksgiving is coming at the perfect time. There are going to be 1000s of super spreader events from one end of the country to the other next week.

Comment

• Even once you do have a vaccine, its going to take months to produce, distribute, and innoculate enough people, and more months for the effects of having those people inoculated to ripple throughout the country before the spread of this even begins to tamper down.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post

Over 600,000 deaths if we don't keep the current restrictions in place through February... Although we've all mused about it the last few months, I think the odds of having any type of legitimate hockey season are pretty remote. At least, they probably should be. Trump and his administration will have caused the needless deaths of hundreds of thousands by the time we get a widely distributed vaccine. What an absolute atrocity...
                  Too bad dumpies can't see past their own nose, as they are convinced that we are already doing too much.

Comment

• Thankful to wake up this morning with a negative test result. I’m still planning to quarantine through next weekend just to be safe. I still have it in the back of my mind that I need get through the next few days. Every little thing is making me feel like I got tested too soon. That said, all your positive thoughts were greatly appreciated!

FTLT - hope you’re managing your symptoms OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Thankful to wake up this morning with a negative test result.
                      Excellent! :-)
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Thankful to wake up this morning with a negative test result. I’m still planning to quarantine through next weekend just to be safe. I still have it in the back of my mind that I need get through the next few days. Every little thing is making me feel like I got tested too soon. That said, all your positive thoughts were greatly appreciated!

Whew. Thanks for the great news.

Comment

Thankful to wake up this morning with a negative test result. I’m still planning to quarantine through next weekend just to be safe. I still have it in the back of my mind that I need get through the next few days. Every little thing is making me feel like I got tested too soon. That said, all your positive thoughts were greatly appreciated!

Great to hear!!

Comment

Woooooooo!

you are doing this right. Everything you’re feeling is normal. We went through that twice. It’s horrible and we wish you the best.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Great news! I think you said it was 6 days after possible exposure? If so, absent any new symptoms I think you'll be fine. Very happy your test was negative!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Great news! I think you said it was 6 days after possible exposure? If so, absent any new symptoms I think you'll be fine. Very happy your test was negative!
                                Yes. Exposure was Saturday, November 14. Tested on Friday, November 20. Six full days. I’m still a little on edge. I think I will feel less anxious in a few days.

And thanks to all of you. It means a lot to be able to come here to talk things through. I wish any and all of you dealing with this, both currently and post infection to stay safe and.

Comment

Working...
                                X