Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder if any of our local bots made it to this segment . Nice work abc

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...08833114009601

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
      I think one of the things that angers the panic pushers the most is that we and many, many people aren't scared. It really bothers them that we, despite the media pushing the narrative of a global pandemic, are determined to live our lives freely and with joy.
      It makes you wonder, doesn't it? I mean, some excellent news (conveniently delayed until post-election for max effect BTW) about vaccines and therapeutics, and you'd think if these were normal people, it might ... y'know, lift some spirits on here?

But no, same old same old. I've never seen a bunch so dedicated to clinging to their misery.

I mean, if the highlight of your life is 80,000 or so USCHO non-hockey posts, and the virus threatens your march to 100,000 sending you to the basement of your folks' pad ... that IS pretty sad.

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        People are leaving the profession. This was posted by one of the young nurses I know from a Nsg page. She is a traveling nurse- so was out in AZ, has been in a few places that were hot. She's stopped traveling. Pretty sure she is not working anywhere at present. Smart girl.

"The mass exodus from bedside nursing will be of historic proportions" The 'Year of the Nurse & Midwife' has exhausted & demoralized far too many.

This was supposed to be a celebration year of the nursing profession. Instead we are dying, being put at risk, expected to work in horrible conditions taking care of people who are actively not taking care of themselves. It is not uncommon to run into people who make unwise choices that lead to bad outcomes for them and, in some circumstances, those around them. It is not usual to have large numbers of them putting themselves, those they are around and you, the nurse, at risk. Especially when you cannot remove yourself fromt eh danger when you go home. Even harder when they are out protesting they should have the right to do it and the Orange Menace is ginning them up.

The old nurses are far more resilient- the have the mindset that Nursing is a calling. They would do just about anything for a patient and they are loyal to the facility (even when being treated awfully). The newer generation has much less tolerance to that. They have (generally speaking) no loyalty to the facility. They will change jobs like underwear- no surprise- the facilities have no loyalty to them, try to avoid giving benefits, treat them as expendable. Not the kind of thing that will keep people laying their lives on the line.

Comment

• Nurses' working conditions reflect how our economy works.

The economy before capitalism was based on force. It was sex as rape.

Capitalism is based on mutual exploitation. That is better than what came before but it still means we treat each other as means rather than ends. We use each other, like resources. We dehumanize each other. It is sex as prostitution.

I don't know what comes next, or if we can get to an economy where we treat each other as humans and help rather than harm each other to advance ourselves. I suspect we have to overcome resource scarcity through technology before we can move there. Pre-capitalism reduced humans to animal power. Capitalism reduces humans to purchasing power. Post-capitalism, when we get there in a hundred or a thousand years, may just abuse humans in a different way, or maybe we will finally get to a point where humans are treated with dignity and not as a way for other humans to fulfill themselves. Maybe we can get to sex as love.
          Last edited by Kepler; 11-15-2020, 11:48 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Aaaaand Paul gazelka has the Rona.

nice 180 this week, Paul.

holy cow he rips mask wearing other public health measures in his statement

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...35241236307969

i agree with this- investigate these scum for not telling people before their session

https://mobile.twitter.com/ASlavitt/...33299265183744
            Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 11-15-2020, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              The economy before capitalism was based on force. It was sex as rape.

Capitalism is based on mutual exploitation. That is better than what came before but it still means we treat each other as means rather than ends. We use each other, like resources. We dehumanize each other. It is sex as prostitution.

I don't know what comes next, or if we can get to an economy where we treat each other as humans and help rather than harm each other to advance ourselves. I suspect we have to overcome resource scarcity through technology before we can move there. Pre-capitalism reduced humans to animal power. Capitalism reduces humans to purchasing power. Post-capitalism, when we get there in a hundred or a thousand years, may just abuse humans in a different way, or maybe we will finally get to a point where humans are treated with dignity and not as a way for other humans to fulfill themselves. Maybe we can get to sex as love.
              That was kind of the vision gene Roddenberry had as a post-capitalism world. No need for money or things.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

That was kind of the vision gene Roddenberry had as a post-capitalism world. No need for money or things.
                Those chicks Harvey Mudd sent to the mining colony were interested in money.

Fig. 1 No redheads. FAIL!

I have a feeling Star Trek was Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism for the Haves and grinding poverty for the Have Nots. It was LBJ Great Society USA in the year 2276 after we swallowed the planet. No wonder the rest of the galaxy gave us the side eye.

Fig. 2 Fixed.
                Last edited by Kepler; 11-15-2020, 12:19 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Aaaaand Paul gazelka has the Rona.

i agree with this- investigate these scum for not telling people before their session

You are one insufferable person.

Go figure he is either asymptomatic (which is about 80 percent of the cases) or experiencing very light symptoms. Sounds terrifying.

In reality it sounds like another person who probably doesn't even have an active infection.

Gazelka said he is not experiencing any major issues or symptoms and his wife, Maralee, has tested negative

Oh and he seems to be spot on with his comment, "Our future cannot be prolonged isolation, face coverings, and limited activities. Our children aren't learning, our seniors deserve better than to die along, and the rise in mental health concerns cannot be ignored."

You would think if these measures worked at all, masks, distant learning, adjusted hours for business, big box companies all working from home since March (Thomson Reuters, Best Buy, ect.) we would see some sort proof in the pudding. But we see the exact opposite.

On a side note what is with your fetish with this Aaron Rupar? He is nothing more than a sensationalist.
                  Last edited by Jeb2020; 11-15-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Aaaaand Paul gazelka has the Rona.

These people are so predictable...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Apparently gazelka flew to Florida Monday. He also became symptomatic Monday. It’s not clear if he flew while symptomatic.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Apparently gazelka flew to Florida Monday. He also became symptomatic Monday. It’s not clear if he flew while symptomatic.
                        Good he can stay in the COVID Paradise and never come back.

I told you all when the MNGOP decided not to fight Walz that Gazelka knew someone who had it. Yeah...himself. Karma is a bich baby!
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Like all GOP scumbags, he’ll recover and use it against the response because god hates us.
                          Code:

Comment

Like all GOP scumbags, he’ll recover and use it against the response because god hates us.
                            Or he will get real sick and post 12 tweets on Twitter about it and then ask for everyone to "take it seriously" and then when he gets called out it is the Left's fault for being intolerant.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• How much is it costing us to not do anything? How much has it cost to treat all those people in hospitals, the medications and equipment we've needed, the lost hours of productivity for sick or dead, or quarantined workers? How much has insurance been stuck paying for their treatment? How much are the long term costs of being sick?

As usual with Republicans, they'd rather not do anything at the moment because "it'll cost too much" but by putting it off or prolonging it, it ends up costing far more in the long run.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• 25 states have new highs in hospitalizations. Half the ****ing country...but yeah...we should just open up.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X