Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah despite that article calling it "inconsistent messaging" (talk about both sidesing the argument) Evers has been doing everything he can and the GOP challenges it and the ridiculous Wisconsin Supreme Court (amongst others) just let them blow the whole thing up. Evers even gave an address that has been mostly ignored...

The people don't listen, the GOP doesn't care and the virus is just laughing as it runs rampant. Come the holidays things are going to get even worse.

But hey...Big Ten Football amirite?
    I saw Evers on tv a couple weeks ago and it definitely seemed like he had his act together. That sucks knuckledraggers out there have held him back.

My comment about governors was focused more on the governors in New England. RI has gone completely to hell and Mass isn’t far behind. The northern NE states are better off relative to a lot of places but I think ever here we should be a lot more aggressive.

Our country’s ‘response’ could not be any more baffling or frustrating.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• 142k cases...1500 deaths.

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• We’re on track for 300k cases a day by NYE

Comment

• NH has been over 200/day for the last week. Five weeks ago we were in the 30's/day.

Maine has been in the upper 100's during the same period, and they had similar numbers to NH five weeks ago as well.

Not huge numbers compared to most states, but huge increases compared to where they had been just a short time ago.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• North Dakota has 20 total icu beds left.

don’t come to MN for care. Try South Dakota

Comment

• Speaking of college football...

wow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...03094500110336
              Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 11-11-2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• That doesnt even show the Pac 12 games that were cancelled as well. Every school and every conference should be ashamed of themselves.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Gotta pick up a hooker to use the carpool lane

https://mobile.twitter.com/reckless/...40615300833280

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Except they didn’t. My covid case came from a sturgis person who proudly refused masks in their business
                    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

We have half the state that doesnt care and our neighbors fly their middle fingers at masks and travel without restriction. Short of closing the border he really cant do much.

I mean the mouthpiece for the MNGOP is literally railing against his tyranny today on Twitter because of the curfew. The Senate will reject his cabinet members making running the state ****ed near impossible if he goes into lockdown. Oh and once you get outside the 694/494 loop (until you get to another college town) the mask rates drop and it is quite noticeable.

This state is a nice microcosm of the country...some people just dont care about personal responsibility and screws up the whole ****ed system. People around here listen. People in the sticks dont care and they have been proving it for months. If people listened the State Leg would have flipped.
                    You do everything you can. I think you overestimate the number of true believers we have. If the governor locks it down again, people will listen. While masks aren’t universal, they’re closer to 90% in stores. That’s a lot better than the 20-40% back before the mandate.

and even if half the people follow the lockdowns, that’s better than none because you were too cowardly to do anything. I don’t need to remind you this is exponential growth. Even a small decrease in the infection rate makes a huge difference over three months.

I’m sorry, but you’re both wrong.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Im sorry but you are letting your personal bias get in the way of facts. (Which is 100% understandable) Half the state follows stuff now and we are falling off a cliff. As long as people don't follow the rules there is no rules that can protect us.

And our health care workers are being screwed by it.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

You do everything you can. I think you overestimate the number of true believers we have. If the governor locks it down again, people will listen. While masks aren’t universal, they’re closer to 90% in stores. That’s a lot better than the 20-40% back before the mandate.

and even if half the people follow the lockdowns, that’s better than none because you were too cowardly to do anything. I don’t need to remind you this is exponential growth. Even a small decrease in the infection rate makes a huge difference over three months.

I’m sorry, but you’re both wrong.
                        Sorry, but I don’t think I’m wrong.

masks in stores in the twin cities isn’t even an issue. Outside of cities, probably.

inside the cities it’s because people can’t stop gathering with their god**** friends and family.
                        sat on a call yesterday with a colleague whose teenage son just hit his ten day quarantine. He got it from hanging around his high school friends. What does he do day one of being fred? Took his moms car to drive and pick up his friends. She told him to wear a mask.

I think walz shouldn’t let schools amd sports be open at this point but a full lockdown won’t help as much as you think with our idiot neighbors and the holidays. The only lockdown I can see working now is a full US lockdown with actual support for people.

you can think I’m wrong, and that’s fine, I still graduate with my masters in this in a few weeks
                        Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 11-12-2020, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Except they didn’t. My covid case came from a sturgis person who proudly refused masks in their business
                          jfc
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

North Dakota has 20 total icu beds left.

don’t come to MN for care. Try South Dakota
                            I think they have a total of 154 ICU beds in the whole state to begin with. There are currently 51 people in ICU with Covid, according to the Health Department's website. The state has been running at 20-22 ICU beds available for a couple of months now.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I think they have a total of 154 ICU beds in the whole state to begin with. There are currently 51 people in ICU with Covid, according to the Health Department's website. The state has been running at 20-22 ICU beds available for a couple of months now.
                              Sure, and that’s with nicer weather and only one holiday - Labor Day. Now it’s cold, and a huge holiday coming up so ND is in a terrible place, a lot worse than 3 weeks ago
                              it’s also the state with least mask wearing.

Comment

• In Indiana, the major hospital in Elkhart County has gone from 11 Covid-19 patients admitted on September 1 to 26 on October 1 to 89 yesterday. For the first time in decades they had to divert ambulance traffic to other area hospitals. And the nearest hospitals aren't across the street or just around the corner. Depending on the direction the ambulance is coming from the nearest hospitals are 20 and 30 minutes away.

Infections are spiking in many countries throughout the world, just as many expected as summer turned into fall, but once again, we are leading the charge. I think people have largely given up in many, many places and have just decided to let the infections run their course.

The Wisconsin governor sounded impotent a couple of days ago. He knows there is zero chance that the legislature in this state is going to agree to ANY restrictions, so he basically came out and begged people to wear masks and stay home unless leaving the house was essential. I imagine few who deny the seriousness of Covid-19 were paying attention and if they were they were laughing at him.

Perhaps governors need to call people out for what the truth really is. I have always hated when people say things like "this is not the time to place blame, this is the time to fix the problem. The time to place blame will be later on." Fvck that. The time to place blame is long overdue. If governors are going to bother going on TV and making statements, start speaking directly to and about the people who are to blame. Call them out. Shame them. Question their love of their family, friends and neighbors.

The ONLY reason we are doing more poorly now with coronavirus than we were 7 months ago is because people are selfish or stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X