Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Man, ad hominem attacks and links to Twiiter lies that have been debunked already.

    Playing the classic hits on repeat performances and no new songs so soon?

    I got a bit of advice for you Jeb: You don't play Birmingham twice.
    ^TeamAfraidofHealthyPeople

    Mr Michael Levitt

    https://mobile.twitter.com/MLevitt_N...19980400762886

    Comment


    • ^ #CantReadCantWrite #JebsASparty
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

      Live Radio from 100.3

      Comment


      • I think the worst thing I hear from people, especially Conservative/Republican/Trumper coworkers, is that we should "just get it over with and get everybody sick, it has a 99% survival rate." They have zero concept of basic math and the sheer scale of 1% of the population. So I decided to do the math.

        Total US Population (https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...ate-total.html) 2019 Estimate: 328,239,523

        1% of US Population = 3,282,395 (.23)

        Now I could say "And that's more than the population of Chicago, Houston, or Phoenix" or even say "that's about the population of Utah" but that's no fun. You know what is fun? Wiping five states off the map. Population of Wyoming, Vermont, Alaska, North Dakota, and South Dakota combined is 3,581,014. That's the four least populous states wiped out and South Dakota left going "there's so much more room for activities..."

        And mind you, that isn't even counting the likely huge number of people that would develop complications and die later. I just don''t think people can understand 3.2 million gone in a matter of weeks and affect that would have.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          I think the worst thing I hear from people, especially Conservative/Republican/Trumper coworkers, is that we should "just get it over with and get everybody sick, it has a 99% survival rate." They have zero concept of basic math and the sheer scale of 1% of the population. So I decided to do the math.

          Total US Population (https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...ate-total.html) 2019 Estimate: 328,239,523

          1% of US Population = 3,282,395 (.23)

          Now I could say "And that's more than the population of Chicago, Houston, or Phoenix" or even say "that's about the population of Utah" but that's no fun. You know what is fun? Wiping five states off the map. Population of Wyoming, Vermont, Alaska, North Dakota, and South Dakota combined is 3,581,014. That's the four least populous states wiped out and South Dakota left going "there's so much more room for activities..."

          And mind you, that isn't even counting the likely huge number of people that would develop complications and die later. I just don''t think people can understand 3.2 million gone in a matter of weeks and affect that would have.
          That means nothing to the people that believe what you are stated.... They have no scale outside of their own lives.

          These are the same people that live in the same po-dunk town their entire lives and spend maybe 2-3 months their entire lives outside of that 50-mile radius. "Perception is reality" is a major problem in this country.

          I'm sure in Alaska, "rural" people think Anchorage itself is corrupt in the same manner that someone from downstate IL bemoans "S**t-cago".... Same deal.
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

          Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

          Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

          Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

            That means nothing to the people that believe what you are stated.... They have no scale outside of their own lives.

            These are the same people that live in the same po-dunk town their entire lives and spend maybe 2-3 months their entire lives outside of that 50-mile radius. "Perception is reality" is a major problem in this country.

            I'm sure in Alaska, "rural" people think Anchorage itself is corrupt in the same manner that someone from downstate IL bemoans "S**t-cago".... Same deal.
            It ain’t called “Los Anchorage” for nothing. And mind you, these are people that live in Anchorage.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              It ain’t called “Los Anchorage” for nothing. And mind you, these are people that live in Anchorage.
              Hrm... Its believed that Alaska is full of California Hippies... Good to know, ha ha!
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

              Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

              Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

              Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

              Comment


              • Funny thing is, in the actual rural areas of Alaska they’re not letting any outsiders into their villages (expect maybe to drop off supplies). Long memories of the Spanish Flu epidemic wiping out entire villages will do that.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

                  Hrm... Its believed that Alaska is full of California Hippies... Good to know, ha ha!
                  Actually Los Anchorage is a reference to crime and traffic, both of which are really not that bad but white people living in methville must fear something.

                  Although Subarus are really popular here...
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

                  Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Actually Los Anchorage is a reference to crime and traffic, both of which are really not that bad but white people living in methville must fear something.

                    Although Subarus are really popular here...
                    Foresters I'm guessing?

                    Used to be the Official Car of the PNW. Hunter green.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      I'm sure in Alaska, "rural" people think Anchorage itself is corrupt in the same manner that someone from downstate IL bemoans "S**t-cago".... Same deal.
                      Country mouse always thinks anywhere with indoor plumbing is a den of iniquity. It's always been the same. Go into urban homes and you see books. Go into rural homes and you see sectional couches with cupholders.

                      It's exacerbated because for the longest time national politics has been on the rural derps' tip -- IA and NH caucuses, fields of grain waving on ads. This in a country that is 80% urban. Nobody lives in that chocolate box BS myth anymore and even when they did it was it was a just a mentally and morally impoverished sewer of racism and ignorance. The pandering made sense in 1910 when we were 80% farmers. Now all that's out there is meth and ADM. But it's white, so it's useful shorthand for the silent narrative "gee, it would be paradise if we had no coloreds to worry about."

                      Most of the problems of this country stem from the national myth of Jeffersonian rural virtue. Voltaire was right: "the idiocy of the countryside." Kill the Senate and reduce their influence to their minuscule economic and non-existent cultural contribution.

                      Real America is cities. It has been since at least 1865, if not 1776.



                      Last edited by Kepler; 07-23-2020, 02:45 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Remember, these are the people who completely lost their **** when 3000 people were killed on 9/11.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Remember, these are the people who completely lost their **** when 3000 people were killed on 9/11.
                          Those people on 9/12/2001: "I'll happily let TSA fondle me if it means stopping terrorists!"

                          Same people this week: "Wearing a mask is a violation of my constitutional rights!"
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Remember, these are the people who completely lost their **** when 3000 people were killed on 9/11.
                            Let alone many other liberties that we now think is ok to give up for our "safety". I'm betting that we are seeing CBP at protest sites because they have very much expanded powers near borders.

                            Comment


                            • I see dumpy is doubling down on his opinion that we should cut testing- as he somehow has concluded that it makes us look bad when we have 50M cases vs. 25M cases.

                              Seriously, he said that.

                              He somehow thinks that more testing leads to more infection. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...ting-look-bad/

                              Other than a serious face palm, I'm not sure how to react to that.

                              For this country's "leader" to think that, it's no wonder we are where we are. And that we should fully expect a LOT more pneumonia deaths, since more and more won't be tested for COVID.

                              And the worst sufferers are minorities- particularly Hispanics and African Americans. Both of which don't have a serious input to the government in the states where they have suffered worst.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by alfablue View Post

                                Let alone many other liberties that we now think is ok to give up for our "safety". I'm betting that we are seeing CBP at protest sites because they have very much expanded powers near borders.
                                You mean the 100 Mile Border Zone?
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                                Live Radio from 100.3

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X