Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone knows of a random controlled trial demonstrating statistically significant reduction in transmission of viruses by anything LESS than an N95 I would love to take a look.

My understanding is that there are ZERO.
    Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-22-2020, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Hence, the 'novel' designation
      I'm well aware of that...others not so much it seems.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

I'm well aware of that...others not so much it seems.
        Please share how this new Corona virus interacts differently with masks than all other viruses.

Comment

• Sounds like Walz will mandate mask wearing in Minnesota for all indoor locations (presumably exempting homes).
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Masks have been mandated here since March 16th to enter any business, and temp checks are taken as well before entering. Any contact tracing is strictly voluntary in you can fill out your name, address and PH but it is not required. Most do that I can tell when I observe others as they enter the same location.

It's slightly cumbersome but given the circumstances I am glad and wouldn't have it any other way right now.

Comment

• Oh good now we can have a bunch of Karens here whining about their rights. The amount certain segments of the population dont know about the Constitution and laws in general is quite staggering.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

Please share how this new Corona virus interacts differently with masks than all other viruses.
                Not what I'm saying and it appears you are too stupid to figure that out. So go fish...
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Oh good now we can have a bunch of Karens here whining about their rights. The amount certain segments of the population dont know about the Constitution and laws in general is quite staggering.
                  Already been happening when any city has done it so it's expected. **** em.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• One of my friends was about to come visit me and I made him get a test first. Turns out he’s positive with no symptoms. He lives in a hot spot.

where did he get it from? Most likely his daughter as she’s been in volleyball camp the past week, which was held despite local surges. And now my friends mother with cancer was likely exposed as she stopped by their house this past weekend because “no one was sick.”

open the schools!!

Comment

Not what I'm saying and it appears you are too stupid to figure that out. So go fish...
                      That was the context around the “new virus” commentary when Net Presence was referring to testing.

Comment

• Still not there little Jeb....keep trying...maybe you'll figure it out. I doubt it though.
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
                          “Obesity is the root cause of so many chronic diseases in the US. It also a key factor in Covid deaths in people under 70. Obesity has skyrocketed since the 60's. CDC projects 50% of Americans will be obese by 2030. If we stay locked down, it will be sooner.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/pdubdev/s...85592664178690

In healthy people Covid19 is a virus so sneaky that the only way you know you have it or had it is to go get tested when you feel perfectly healthy.

Or you never get it period because your immune system Crushes it. Just like any of the other viruses in circulation.

Or maybe you get the sniffles.

Those 3 instances are literally fact something like 99.9 percent of the time.

Do we see people making a change for the better after Covid19? To trend towards the options above?

If not is it time to put some laws in place that look to improve health? Unhealthy people are far more likely to get sick which means they are spreading disease at a much, much, much higher rate. Which means we are all at a higher risk.
                          What are people’s thoughts on becoming a healthier country so we can be in a better position to fight contagious viruses?

Everyone here is so concerned about their health and everyone else’s so surely there has to be a few good ideas from #TeamPanic. Would love to hear some.

Comment

Is jeb so dumb that he can't go to google on his own to see studies that support mask wearing? Glad I have him on ignore.

It's just a keyboard, don't be afraid. go to google, type it in, and you may find actual studies that conflict with your beliefs. Some actually bothered to read studies that says they don't work, and the other studies that showed why they do. And then made the trade offs ourselves to take the study that clearly showed the benefit to areas that implemented the hard rule right along side of distancing- which proved to be the most effective set of practices.

Then again, if you don't want to wear a mask, please so ever help the world and do that among people who think like you do. In a very closed room. Then we can expect a post "I had no idea it was this bad"- again. You won't have to even belittle people for wearing masks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              One of my friends was about to come visit me and I made him get a test first. Turns out he’s positive with no symptoms. He lives in a hot spot.

where did he get it from? Most likely his daughter as she’s been in volleyball camp the past week, which was held despite local surges. And now my friends mother with cancer was likely exposed as she stopped by their house this past weekend because “no one was sick.”

open the schools!!
                              That is a real bummer. I keep trying to impress on my olds that opening does NOT include them. Of course mum les went to a Big Box store the other day because [inconsequential, she shouldn't have gone].

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Is jeb so dumb that he can't go to google on his own to see studies that support mask wearing? Glad I have him on ignore.

It's just a keyboard, don't be afraid. go to google, type it in, and you may find actual studies that conflict with your beliefs. Some actually bothered to read studies that says they don't work, and the other studies that showed why they do. And then made the trade offs ourselves to take the study that clearly showed the benefit to areas that implemented the hard rule right along side of distancing- which proved to be the most effective set of practices.

Then again, if you don't want to wear a mask, please so ever help the world and do that among people who think like you do. In a very closed room. Then we can expect a post "I had no idea it was this bad"- again. You won't have to even belittle people for wearing masks.
                                Please point Dumb Jeb in the direction of one random controlled trial of anything less than a N95.

Comment

Working...
                                X