Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I appreciate the lack of name calling in replying. The follow up posts completely lost any goodwill from me again though.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Here's an interesting take: African nations have responded to Coronavirus so much better than the US.
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=pocket-newtab
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Here's an interesting take: African nations have responded to Coronavirus so much better than the US.
        It’s almost as if they are disappointed that Africans aren’t dying en masse and countries are not collapsing. While Black Americans have been disproportionately contracting covid-19 and dying, Africa’s performance shows, as I quoted a Kenyan anthropologist saying in May, “being a black person in this world doesn’t kill you, but being a black person in America clearly can.”
        Well...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I would say that about sums it up...

I am sure this is proof though that Africa conspired with China to attack America with the virus! #thetruthisoutthere #stupidcrapsenileoldmenlikeChuckMurraybelieve
          Last edited by Handyman; 09-26-2020, 12:36 PM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I appreciate the lack of name calling in replying. The follow up posts completely lost any goodwill from me again though.
            The posts aren't for earning any "goodwill." They are data driven and provide context. If someone disputes that, it would be interesting to hear why and see info/data on the topic at hand.
            Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-26-2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Here's an interesting take: African nations have responded to Coronavirus so much better than the US.
              This is a hysterical piece to say the least.

Kenya, for example tests about 10 people per 1,000, the US about 324 per 1,000. What would the US "Cases" be if they we were testing 10 people per 1000 thousand? Or what would the Kenya "Cases" be if they were testing 324 people per 1,000? Which Country is going to have more "Covid Deaths," the one testing 324 per 1000 or testing 10?

This was from Mid July, Africa (entire continent) testing. Not much has changed since then.

Testing remains limited by shortages of supplies, with just 7.2 million tests conducted on a continent of 1.3 billion people. Data collection is incomplete as some people are dying at home or before being tested. Few African countries were equipped to widely track deaths even before the pandemic.

For context the US rips of 7 million tests in about 10 days for 330,000,000 people +.

Again, the answers are going to be in the excess deaths historical data.

Africa’s case fatality rate in this pandemic remains relatively low at just over 2%, but that measure is weakened if authorities don’t know the real number of deaths.

Here is more info the chew on.

Nigeria isn't known for outstanding heathcare. Nigeria has the worst flu mortality in the world. They're a crowded country with 63% of U.S. pop. and 5x the density. Flu mortality rate 726% of the U.S. rate. But covid mortality rate is <1%???

Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-26-2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                Eduardo Rodriguez (myocarditis) has been cleared to resume walking in a couple weeks.

Rodriguez developed myocarditis after contracting COVID-19 and hasn't been able to do any real physical activity since the diagnosis. However, the long-term prognosis is good. "They’re hoping his offseason will be normal and he’ll be able to build himself up for (‘21)." Red Sox manager Ron Roenicke said
                The research on this is really scary. I wonder how the hell they know the LT prognosis is good. Everything I have been reading is saying they have no idea how they can tell and the experts being consulted for the athletics have flat out said there is no way to tell and we are experimenting on athletes to make $ (paraphrasing but actual sentiment was voiced)

hf77 if you are have exacerbating/remitting symptoms you might want to consider going to see someone or calling one of the bigger med ctrs near you to get in a post covid clinic. That way they can put you out on disability instead of forcing you into a job that will make the symptoms flare worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I would say that about sums it up...

I am sure this is proof though that Africa conspired with China to attack America with the virus! #thetruthisoutthere #stupidcrapsenileoldmenlikeChuckMurraybelieve
                  That hashtag could get a lot of hits if he keeps it up (I thankfully got blocked in before they shut it off)

Went to a local box store adjacent to Lawrence- All the towns in that area are trending in the wrong direction (In direct in proportion to the number of Dump signs that are popping up). I would say >50% of the people in the store are wearing masks in the dicknose way. What a bunch of Richard Craniums. Worse, most of them were of the ethnicity and race that would put them at sig higher risk. Sigh

Comment

• Chuck, thanks for the math lesson. Much appreciated. Yes, I realz I FS currently Lowe than a 1,000 a day at the moment. It was a generalization based both on the average during the summer surge and, what real experts are predicting in the next 45-90 days.

On a separate note, despite our obvious disagreements regarding Covid and politics, I genuinely want to thank you for your years of service to the youth of your area. I’m sure we would find a fair amount of common ground over a cold beer or two.

Comment

• On Wisconsin!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/FOX9/stat...99653666230279

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Yeah, what the heck is going on with them and Minnesota?
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

The research on this is really scary. I wonder how the hell they know the LT prognosis is good. Everything I have been reading is saying they have no idea how they can tell and the experts being consulted for the athletics have flat out said there is no way to tell and we are experimenting on athletes to make $ (paraphrasing but actual sentiment was voiced)

hf77 if you are have exacerbating/remitting symptoms you might want to consider going to see someone or calling one of the bigger med ctrs near you to get in a post covid clinic. That way they can put you out on disability instead of forcing you into a job that will make the symptoms flare worse.
                          I'm working on it...Going to get tested this coming week...The biggest problem for me is my symptoms are bad for 4 or 5 days and then I'm fine, so I think I'm over it...The long term effects of this thing scare me

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

That hashtag could get a lot of hits if he keeps it up (I thankfully got blocked in before they shut it off)

Went to a local box store adjacent to Lawrence- All the towns in that area are trending in the wrong direction (In direct in proportion to the number of Dump signs that are popping up). I would say >50% of the people in the store are wearing masks in the dicknose way. What a bunch of Richard Craniums. Worse, most of them were of the ethnicity and race that would put them at sig higher risk. Sigh
                            Almost 600 new cases in MA today. Things have gotten a lot worse in last couple weeks and it’s hard to imagine things will improve anytime soon with more schools going back and an increase in indoor dining.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post

I'm working on it...Going to get tested this coming week...The biggest problem for me is my symptoms are bad for 4 or 5 days and then I'm fine, so I think I'm over it...The long term effects of this thing scare me
                              I have my first neurology appointment this week and hope to learn something

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Yeah, what the heck is going on with them and Minnesota?
                                We're a month after Sturgis. COVID takes a month to catch hold. ND, SD, IA, MN, WI all spiking one month later.

I don't know why Minnesota isn't spiking as fast as literally every state around it. But it's happening.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X