Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Too simple to say that...but death is an immediate consequence while the others will take time to see.
    I dont disagree but the media definitely screwed up the narrative early and when the deaths started to skyrocket they pushed that way more than they did the other effects. By the time they shifted to discussing in depth the other huge factors it was too friggin late and the Trumpers had their argument.

Of course anyone that thinks sees past that...but look who you are talking about.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      In terms of long term affects, neurologist told me today that I likely have inflammation of the nervous system. Could last weeks or months they don’t know. Potentially could have spinal inflammation too but not enough signs point to that yet. I’ll go in for a nerve test that checks for guillen barre but she warned me it will take weeks to get in.

yay America.
      Yeah but you are like 75 years old right? Living in a nursing home? Eating KFC every day while drinking 2 bottles of wine and havent exercised since the Gophers last won the National Title right?

(btw for those playing at home...those are all not true :-) )

Ugh I am sorry my friend.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Just remember. When the ACA is gone in a month or so Covid will be a pre-existing condition listed on your insurance forms.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...e-plan/616523/
        Yup. This is why I said the Dems should pivot on the SC nomination and focus on how it will affect the ACA. Every Dem senator should ask Barrett about the ACA because if there is even a hint she will take it down that is a huge victory for the Dems.
        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The idiocy is strong with you...
          So quoting actual scientific figures released from the CDC is now correlated to idiocy? If that is true, then what do you call the people at the CDC with far higher degrees than yourself? Dr Idiocy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whalers View Post

So quoting actual scientific figures released from the CDC is now correlated to idiocy? If that is true, then what do you call the people at the CDC with far higher degrees than yourself? Dr Idiocy?
            The idiocy is thinking death is all that matters.
            It's all you've got...but it doesn't make you any less of an idiot.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I dont disagree but the media definitely screwed up the narrative early and when the deaths started to skyrocket they pushed that way more than they did the other effects. By the time they shifted to discussing in depth the other huge factors it was too friggin late and the Trumpers had their argument.

Of course anyone that thinks sees past that...but look who you are talking about.
              They didn't screw it up. It was all they had as long term effects take time to see and studies to figure out.
              Just because the Trumpers latched onto it doesn't make reporting death and hospitalizations a bad thing.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Huh? I am more obsessed with LIVING! 99.997% will LIVE, not die. Self projecting your true obsessions much?

Maybe I could draw the picture in much simpler terms. Your professor tells you that you have a 99.997% chance of getting an A. Sounds like you would rather hyper-focus on the fact that this also means you have a 0.003% chance of failing.
                Once again:

Fighting COVID-19 could cost 500 times as much as pandemic prevention measures

Effects of COVID-19 Pandemic on Productivity and Costs Statistics

Understanding the hidden costs of COVID-19’s potential impact on US healthcare

Long-Term Effects of COVID-19

COVID-19 (coronavirus): Long-term effects

Long-term effects of Covid-19

Long-term consequences of COVID-19: research needs

Comment

They didn't screw it up. It was all they had as long term effects take time to see and studies to figure out.
                  Just because the Trumpers latched onto it doesn't make reporting death and hospitalizations a bad thing.
                  No it isnt bad...what is bad is that is ALL they reported on. Even as doctors overseas were finding new issues that were caused, and even as doctors here were struggling to keep up with the symptoms the media latched on to deaths because death sells. Hell we around here were doing it too though at least we also talked about non-death factors.

It wasnt until Trump started popping off about miracle cures and opening back up that the media did more than pay lip service to people suffering who werent at risk of death.

Just what I observed anyways. Admittedly my thoughts on the media these days are not exactly flattering to them ;-)
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The idiocy is thinking death is all that matters.
                    It's all you've got...but it doesn't make you any less of an idiot.
                    If ~210,000 deaths isn't enough for you to sort of step back and question just how this was handled, I don't know what would be.

How many deaths is it gonna take? A million? Two?

How many have to die before you Trump humpers can admit that his response to this was dreadful. Pretty much non-existent, actually.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Ugh. I hate lack of multi quote

DGF- thinking of you. SO stressful

h77- lots of longhaulers note the remitting exacerbating pattern. Not fun.

Why is flu worse in winter- my thought it that you have increased dose when exposed. Summer- outside, dispersal of virus. Stuff I am seeing is low Vit D is seen in worse cases but not sure of the causative effect. WInter- people inside, more people in one place, longer time to seed the environment and expose. Just my 2cents

Mass is ramping up for sure. I live in Dumpland. Things are not going well. I think there is a direct correlation between where is the most sick and where he has the most support. If you see a high incidence of Dump for Pres the town has a higher number of cases. We have more than doubled out cases dx/wk in the past few weeks. It is all a hoax tho. One of the kids I know had to listen to a policeperson expound on this for 40 min. Makes us all feel safer.

Comment

This is the 3rd time I'm going to at least partially agree with Handyman today. Shocking.

However, the irony is that most of us who objected to the early lockdown cited those same "other effects" as reasons against going full lockdown. It was not a stretch to see that having people's lives ruined when they lost their jobs or were locked in their homes would cause lots of other issues was hardly Nostradamus stuff. The media had to press the scariest part of the outlook (and what is scarier than death?) for them to get the nation's attention, and they managed to achieve that goal.

To now want to retroactively add on these other factors - for which the 99.997% of the rest who survived (and for the less numerically inclined, that's 1 out of 33,333 cases - not scary. but very very unlucky) ... well, that's trying to have your cake and eat it too. Without the widespread (and in some cases continuing) lockdowns, those "other effects" aren't so great.

Brief example - NH vs. MA. Neighboring states. Here in NH we came out of restrictions much earlier, and our unemployment rate is about 6.5% - still higher than usual, but decent. MA at last check was three (3) times as high - highest rate in the US.

There are a HUGE amount of MA folks up here on weekends - even more so than usual for a tourism-based economy, like a big chunk of our state. But it will be even more, since our other neighbors - ME and VT - remain nearly as locked down as MA has been. So MA folks who might ordinarily go through NH to get to ME or VT are now stopping in NH. And the ironic thing is, ME and VT both have lower deaths, lower hospitalizations, and lower cases than we have in NH.

My ME and MA friends are pretty angry (and getting angrier) with their governors. I know how taxing it was for two months of lockdown where we are, I can't imagine what six (6) months' lockdown would do to my mental health, physical health, etc.

If your lifestyle is a cautious and sedentary one, then maybe this doesn't bother you as much.

The "other effects" arise from extended lockdowns, which many states have shown as unnecessary.
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Now the goalposts have been shifted where the alarmists are now adopting OUR original concerns.

You don't have to be a connoisseur of irony to laugh out loud at the brazen hypocrisy of it all.

Remember the "cure is worse than the illness" debate months ago, Whalers?

Now #teamthebed wants to adopt our argument, after the fact. Boy is that rich ...
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Just remember. When the ACA is gone in a month or so Covid will be a pre-existing condition listed on your insurance forms.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...e-plan/616523/
                            Is that Donnie's big healthcare plan? Infect all Americans with Covid, and then deny them coverage because of a pre-existing condition??
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• These are human rights crimes plain and simple.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...J0E4ISBbbBjf_w

All put in place by the Government that loves you.

Comment

Yeah but you are like 75 years old right? Living in a nursing home? Eating KFC every day while drinking 2 bottles of wine and havent exercised since the Gophers last won the National Title right?

(btw for those playing at home...those are all not true :-) )

Ugh I am sorry my friend.
                                Being young, walking 20k steps a day and doing strength training while eating a pretty decent diet wasn’t enough to let this pass through me without major issues.
                                Let it rip through everyone though! I’m sure all our trolls will be spared any noticeable side effects

Comment

Working...
                                X