Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love that the new way for the Trumpers to attack people who actually have a brain is to call us "Beta Males". They think it is a clever way to call people female anatomy. They also think that being an "Alpha" means you are somehow better than everyone else.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/FacesOfCOVID/sta...29650250948608

Must be one of them "Beta Males".
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I love that the new way for the Trumpers to attack people who actually have a brain is to call us "Beta Males". They think it is a clever way to call people female anatomy. They also think that being an "Alpha" means you are somehow better than everyone else.
        Calling oneself an "Alpha male."
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

They also think that being an "Alpha" means you are somehow better than everyone else.
          Like their fearless leader, they are Fred Trump disciples.

Comment

I love that the new way for the Trumpers to attack people who actually have a brain is to call us "Beta Males". They think it is a clever way to call people female anatomy. They also think that being an "Alpha" means you are somehow better than everyone else.
            The "Alpha Male" Fantasy
            • Super rich
            • Can convince any woman to sleep with him
            • Confident, loud, and opinionated
            • Enjoys a good fight (verbally, legally, or with fists/weapons)
            The "Alpha Male" Reality
            • Mommy & daddy issues (not loved enough by mom, constantly yelled at or physically abused by dad)
            • Either rarely gets laid and ends up with a dimwitted, highly-dependent Stepford wife, or
              • If he actually does have some money, his woman is only with his fugly a55 for the money, or
              • Frequently alcoholic and found nursing a G&T at the end of the bar while b*tching about losing all his money in the divorce
            • Loud & opinionated because he's scared of his opponents; like an obnoxious little terrier who barks loudly at bigger animals
            • Carries a handgun because he knows he's a low-T wimp who can't win a physical or intellectual fight

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post
              Seriously Chuck....you are truly unbelievable.
              Thank you, I know. But I do appreciate your confirming things. Compliments are nice.

That bit about "mostly" betas on here? You've earned that carve-out, so good for you.

Originally posted by net presence View Post
              Since freaking April I've done nothing BUT attempt to engage you in legitimate debate. Yet, you have refused to engage. And, in my previous post, I clearly show that 1820 refuses to abide by his own requests as well. Typical cult Republicans, set up "rules" and expectations but, don't follow them yourselves. Especially if by not following them you perceive it gives you an advantage. In this case, it absolutely doesn't but....
              OK, so the whole April thing ... let me build a little bit on the last time I semi-referenced you a few days ago. Imagine it's baseball season. April is the time where those who are not quite ready for prime time get sent back to AA or AAA ball. It's pretty much what happened to you. And there's no shame in that. It's a place to learn, develop, improve, and maybe you get another shot at The Show with an end-of-season call-up. That's kind of right here/right now. So again - good for you.

Your epic 4 part miniseries posts - and listen, I do those myself when I'm writing a story, not when I'm debating something - it seems those have started to go away, or at least get somewhat abbreviated. That's a good trend. The content still needs to be refined a little bit, but you are making some progress. A little more independent thought, and you may well get there.

But you "jump the shark" when you start advancing some bat-***** crazy assertion that 4 million tests a day is what's needed to get this behind us. I mean ... c'mon, really?!?!? Do you understand how nutty that sounds to a normal person, someone who doesn't consider the New York Times to be anything other than the polar opposite of Fox News (other than the fact that the NYT got Pulitzers for getting "Russia Russia Russia" wrong wrong wrong, while Fox had to settle for getting it right)?!?

Quick question: if/when you go to a dealership for routine service to your car/truck, and you go in for an oil & filter change, top off the fluids, etc. and the guy at the service desk tries to sell you on the full 60,000 mile check-up with diagnostics ... do you "go with the flow" and let a routine $50-$100 visit turn into a $1,500 profit-margin extravaganza for the dealership??

Because it's kind of the same thing. Doctors tend to think more testing is good for you. Auto techs tend to think more service work is good for you. Shocking, right? And normal people will usually do what needs to be done for today, maybe for the foreseeable short-term future. IF they feel sick, they may want to get a test - just like IF their engine is making funny noises, a diagnostic deep dive before the warranty expires makes a lot more sense then.

You understand that, right??

If we're going to have a discussion about "experts" I can tell you that in my line of work, you can find an "expert" (medical and otherwise) to tell you pretty much anything. And I hope we can at least agree that the so-called subject matter experts on the pandemic have been all over the lot, and no one - NO ONE - has had the right answers all of the time.

So there you go. It's your end-of-season call-up. Do your best, and I'll see you again at Spring training ...
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...hortage-covid/

Article about N95s and the supply chain. Some interesting (shameless plug) about the manufacturing/SC issues. I wouldn't burn a free article on it, but interesting read otherwise.

This should have been the opening paragraphs:

The article also seems to blame IP secrecy for the shortages. Honestly, that's just naive and I don't blame the companies for not sharing the manufacturing process. They shouldn't. Instead, money should be pouring in from the government to get these new lines up and running. We've got the best people in the world at building these facilities and it's incredible to see the progress. It's astonishing to me that there are other companies out there that have these lines idling. That's a big ****ing problem and the heat the administration should be facing needs to be nuclear hot.
                But they didn't want career experts in government contracting to use their known and available sources. They wanted Jared's rolodex of real estate buddies to call up everyone they knew to see who could get a line on a source of masks and other equipment.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Even worse than that...they wanted young kids who would work as interns or ones who just graduated college to help make the decisions. Read the article I posted last night about how Robert Kennedy's grandson ended up on Kushner's team.

How did a Kennedy end up in a sensitive role in the Trump Administration? After graduating from Harvard, in 2016, Kennedy did some time at consulting and investment firms; he planned to take the LSAT in March, but the pandemic cancelled it. At loose ends, he responded to a friend’s suggestion that he join a volunteer task force that Jared Kushner was forming, to get vital personal protective equipment, such as masks, to virus hot spots. Kushner, he was told, was looking for young generalists who could work long hours for no pay. “I was torn, to some extent,” Kennedy, a lifelong Democrat, said. “But it was such an unprecedented time. It didn’t seem political—it seemed larger than the Administration.” And he knew people who’d been sick. So in March he volunteered for the White House covid-19 Supply-Chain Task Force, and drove to Washington.

On his first day, he showed up at the headquarters of the Federal Emergency Management Agency and joined around a dozen other volunteers, all in their twenties, mostly from the finance sector and with no expertise in procurement or medical issues. He was surprised to learn that they weren’t to be auxiliaries supporting the government’s procurement team. “We were the team,” he said. “We were the entire frontline team for the federal government.” The volunteers were tasked with finding desperately needed medical supplies using only their personal laptops and private e-mail accounts.

As the days passed, and the death count climbed, Kennedy was alarmed at the way the President was downplaying the crisis. “I knew from that room that he was saying things that just weren’t true,” he said. Trump told the public that the government was doing all it could, but the P.P.E. emergency was being managed by a handful of amateurs. “It was the number of people who show up to an after-school event, not to run the greatest crisis in a hundred years,” Kennedy said. “It was such a mismatch of personnel. It was one of the largest mobilization problems ever. It was so unbelievably colossal and gargantuan. The fact that they didn’t want to get any more people was so upsetting.”
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Sort of like the team Bush's State Department put together to rebuild Iraq. Bunch of post-grad Heritage Foundation true-believers.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• I am curious if Minnesota Department of Health is tracking events regarding possible large COVID-19 super spreaders. I was driving home from the store on Sunday, on Emerson Avenue, and came across the West Saint Paul ice arena when I saw a large number of people milling outside the door close together, and none of them had masks. That was around 9AM. Then around 11AM I saw the same thing all over again. The parking lot was jam packed. Then people were starting to file into the arena, putting on their masks as they stood in line, all bunched up. Friggin’ idjits.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        I am curious if Minnesota Department of Health is tracking events regarding possible large COVID-19 super spreaders. I was driving home from the store on Sunday, on Emerson Avenue, and came across the West Saint Paul ice arena when I saw a large number of people milling outside the door close together, and none of them had masks. That was around 9AM. Then around 11AM I saw the same thing all over again. The parking lot was jam packed. Then people were starting to file into the arena, putting on their masks as they stood in line, all bunched up. Friggin’ idjits.
                        Yeah the State found that backyard barbecues and people that go to a bar are driving the “pandemic.” And anyone outside in any sort of group that aren’t rioters.

Deaths have been at historical levels for well over a month and hospital capacities are normal. But this thing is spiraling out of control.

Comment

• It took 65 days to go from 100k to 150k deaths due to COVID-19. It took 55 days to go from 150k to 200k. There’s nothing to see here. Trending down.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            I am curious if Minnesota Department of Health is tracking events regarding possible large COVID-19 super spreaders. I was driving home from the store on Sunday, on Emerson Avenue, and came across the West Saint Paul ice arena when I saw a large number of people milling outside the door close together, and none of them had masks. That was around 9AM. Then around 11AM I saw the same thing all over again. The parking lot was jam packed. Then people were starting to file into the arena, putting on their masks as they stood in line, all bunched up. Friggin’ idjits.
                            Take a chill pill, Karen.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Pro-Life indeed. Alpha males for the win.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Tell me the story again about how the Dakotas were handling this well... This is about one month after Sturgis, which everyone who knows anything says is about the minimum to get a real idea of the impact and spread. The map is a moran (seriously!) plot of 7-day avg of new cases per-10k population.

A dark red county means it's an area of high COVID spread surrounded by areas of high COVID spread. Light red means an area of high spread surrounded by areas of low spread. Light blue means area of low spread surrounded by areas of high spread. Dark blue means low surrounded by low.

Think of dark red as areas where COVID is spreading fastest. Light red and light blue could go either way. It's an isolated spike, the next area to catch fire, an area waning, etc. Dark blue means the area is handling it better over the last seven days compared to the rest of the country. You'll note the sea of blue in... blue states. Minnesota seems to be doing everything they can to fight back the stupidity pounding at the gates, though I fear we'll be the next state to burn.

Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X