Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Also, in relation to your extremely poor attempt to defend the idiots from Kentucky; don't forget, you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater when there isn't one. Meaning, whether it's these two fools trying to break quarantine after testing positive, or the idiots storming the various state houses back in April with their AR-15s, screaming in the faces of state troopers, the moment your statements or actual actions provably jeopardizes the physical health of another person, your "rights" and "freedoms" have ended. Every one of those early protesters could've been arrested for their actions, just as it's within society's/the government's right to legally confine the two morons in Kentucky.

    Comment


    • Jeb, trying to avoid actually using the quote function in order respect other's requests to not see your garbage so...responding to this post from page 1 of the current thread...

      07-19-2020, 05:04 PM
      “Whatever government prevention measure was enacted by the Swedish government, however tiny, is THE reason Sweden survived this thing. It's also the reason the curve subsided rather than sticking around forever.“


      https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkChang...82095472082944

      From an article in "Business Insider" magazine....

      But experts are warning that the path Sweden took came at a high price: Sweden's death toll was 11 times that of neighboring Norway, and the current drop in fatalities is on a par with Haiti or Pakistan, countries that are struggling to control outbreaks.

      Maybe their plan wasn't quite as successful as you want it to appear....

      Comment


      • Jesus Jeb, you make it too easy sometimes....in response to this post from page 1 of this current thread:

        07-19-2020, 05:42 PM


        Masks (especially the ones the vast majority of the public are wearing).

        https://www.technocracy.news/masks-a...f-the-science/

        #StopTheFear
        Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-19-2020, 05:51 PM.

        Here's a link to an article from the Hartford Healthcare Website that addresses the B.S. from the garbage website you linked to above.

        https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about...2&publicId=395

        From the article:

        "COVID-19 can kill. Now, according to a misguided Internet-fueled theory, masks can kill, too.

        All it takes is a mask-wearer who inhales freshly exhaled carbon dioxide repeatedly until dizzy, unconscious or dead. That, no doubt, would be a shocking development. In the real world, the average mask user without preexisting respiratory illness has nothing to worry about — except COVID-19.

        Only an airtight mask could possibly cause any breathing difficulty. That eliminates cloth masks, the preferred personal protective equipment in public. It actually eliminates N95 respirators, too, usually reserved for healthcare professionals. They fit tighter than a cloth mask but still not tight enough on the face to kill. Surgeons wear even more substantial face coverings all day without endangering their health.

        But who wouldn’t want a more comfortable N95? John Xu, a research scientist at Stanford University, is developing a modified N95 mask with his colleagues that includes a small box worn at the waist with a tube extending to the mask. The box, through an electrochemical process, produces pure oxygen to compensate for the loss of oxygen caused by the mask. The researchers started their project with the assumption that an N95 mask reduces oxygen intake by anywhere from 5 percent to 20 percent.

        An N95 mask could possibly cause:

        Hypoxia: When body tissue does not get enough oxygen.

        Hypercapnia: Elevated levels of carbon dioxide in the blood that can cause dizziness, shortness of breath, headache and, in extreme cases, hyperventilation, seizures and possible death.

        But even an N95 mask is unlikely to produce such extreme reactions. A respiratory illness such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or COPD, can cause both hypoxia and hypercapnia. Those with a preexisting condition who experience breathing difficulties, of course, would almost certainly remove the mask.

        A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention representative told Reuters that carbon dioxide, indeed, will collect between the mask and face but not in dangerous amounts and certainly not enough to cause hypercapnia. A mask is designed to trap viral droplets, much larger than tiny carbon dioxide particles. A mask, either N95 or cloth, cannot trap all carbon dioxide particles — they either go through the mask or escape along the mask’s perimeter."

        You might be THE most gullible person ever.


        Comment


        • Jeb, from this post on page 2...
          07-19-2020, 06:05 PM

          Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          What do you mean hype? Nothing is hyped except by those like you who don't take this seriously.


          California is imposing more lockdown type measures and is taking about even more strict measure.

          They have had mandatory masks for quite sometime. So much for that.

          Do you have this much trouble with other easy logic trains? Yes, they mandated masks awhile back. That doesn't mean everyone actually wore them AND, since as much as 50% of the spread is attributable to "super-spreader" events, if people aren't social distancing and wearing masks, it actually proves just how contagious the virus really is which, in turn proves that, without a vaccine, really avoiding crowds -- especially indoors -- is critical to minimizing spread/hospitalizations/deaths. You know, avoiding moving around as much as possible...

          Comment


          • Jeb, from another of your posts on page 2.

            07-19-2020, 06:06 PM

            "Most the Country is doing fine. Just because you are a fear-monger does not change that."


            Please provide your definition of the word "fine" as it relates to the virus. Because I'm sorry but, "I do not think that word means what you think it does"

            Comment


            • Jeb, from another of your winning posts from page 2...

              07-19-2020, 06:10 PM

              4/ “We will be down about where we were with the swine flu: around 0.1-0.3% which is much lower than what we think because at the moment we are seeing the case fatality."

              https://mobile.twitter.com/aginnt/st...59482544631810

              From the same Tweet.... 3/ "If you follow the New Zealand policy of suppressing it to zero and locking down the country forever, then you’re going to have a problem…

              Since almost even the most skeptical immunologists are now saying we'll very likely have an effective vaccine by early 2021, how in God's name does doing more stringent stay-at-home orders for 9 months meet any sane person's definition of "locking down the country forever"? Can you please provide specific rationale for how 9 months is "forever"? I'm really struggling with that because in the current context, I'd think that you'd need a lock down of at least 18 - 24 months to come close to meeting the definition of forever...

              Comment


              • Jeb, from your last post on page 2...

                07-19-2020, 06:38 PM

                Originally posted by alfablue View Post

                Ohio and it's R leader closed down before Michigan did. They did a great job. And then slowly phased things back in once the scientific data said that they could. Quite unlike the states in the south. Had the south done it right, they would be were NY is right now- which is in good shape.
                It's interesting to see that people somehow perceive that this virus hit the country equally and at the exact same time... odd. Instead of thinking like that, see what NY did, and copy them- it worked. And continues to work in a hot spot area. Trying to follow Ohio at this point? Too late. Way too late.


                Jeb, you said, "Exactly why is everyone pretending like a few hot spots are the entire Country right now then?

                and New York got absolutely smoked, like worst in the world level smoked.

                FL, Tx, Az did not get smoked and their worse will be no where on the level NY experienced."


                When you wrote this on the 19th, I'm pretty sure there were at least 28 states whose case counts were at least 10-50% higher than the same day the previous week. So, in your world, 28 out of 50 states is just, "a few hot spots"?!? Wow, I can't imagine what your definition of a significant surge would be

                Comment


                • Jeb, from one of your posts on page 3...

                  07-19-2020, 06:51 PM

                  Originally posted by alfablue View Post

                  It's curious how quickly people want to roll things back. I know there was a TON of impatience here in Michigan, but Governor Whitmere held her ground, and let the science say when things can open back up. Even then, because people could not take care of themselves, we had to put in a mask order to prevent it from coming back.

                  The fact that the whole mask thing has become so political is almost criminal. There's SO MUCH SCIENCE backing the facts around masks, it's not even funny. But if you find one study that shows a specific kind of mask of unknown origin, that means masks are bad- even if that same study shows that masks are REALLY effective.

                  Plenty of data out there telling people how to find the right materials for both filtering in and out, plenty of data that shows how quickly things change when they are added to social distancing, plenty of it. But since idiots want to think that the person they so much worship and honor and fall over their fates over says they are bad- people are just too dumb to think for themselves.

                  Then again, when you see people who are supposed to be smart and caring meet up in a large group to sing, and then people die. Repeat after it's happened before... yea, thinking is not part of their M.O.

                  I'm sure some regurgitation of information will be used to argue against this. I'll go out and find even more new data supporting masks and separations. And remember that these deaths are preventable. Like drunk driving.


                  Jeb's comments...

                  Science for lockdowns? LMAO

                  And So much of that Great Science for masks. So great, masks weren’t even mentioned in the dooms day scenarios.

                  https://mobile.twitter.com/JordanSch...07428052705280

                  There is no mention of masks in Birx and Fauci’s infamous models (IHME and Imperial UK), which were used to shut down not just the country, but the entire world. Was the science not evolved enough in March of 2020?

                  https://medium.com/@JordanSchachtel/...t-9dff41a6d626


                  In response to your "Science for lockdowns?" LMAO....

                  Link to various scientific articles regarding lockdowns;

                  https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...ted-infections

                  "Lockdowns may have averted 531 million coronavirus infections

                  In the United States alone, an estimated 60 million infections were avoided, researchers say"


                  Next Link: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN23F1G3

                  From the article:

                  LONDON (Reuters) - Lockdowns imposed to curb the spread of COVID-19 have saved millions of lives and easing them now carries high risks, according to two international studies published on Monday. “The risk of a second wave happening if all interventions and all precautions are abandoned is very real,” Samir Bhatt, who co-led one of the studies by researchers at Imperial College London, told reporters in a briefing.

                  By comparing the number of deaths counted with deaths predicted by their model if no lockdown measures had been introduced, they found some 3.1 million deaths were averted.

                  Jeb, these are just 2 of a number of articles from various respected publications that easily prove the "science" behind the effectiveness of lockdowns. Are you really this lazy? Or, is it just a lack of intelligence?



                  ​​​​​​​

                  Comment


                  • Oh Jeb, almost forgot. Again, from the above post originally from page 3 regarding your criticism of Birx and Fauci not recommending the wearing of masks back in March where you asked, "Was the science not evolved enough in March of 2020?"...

                    Actually, considering this is a brand new virus and, at that time it was only 4-6 months old, ummm, NO... the science hadn't evolved enough at that time. That, and due to the complete failure of the administration to increase PPE, a big part of the scientists not recommending masks was that they were trying to avoid even more shortages since the science behind the effectiveness of masks was so inconclusive at that time. Hell, up until the last couple days, the leading science was telling us that younger kids were not only far less likely to get infected but, they didn't pass the virus very easily either. Wrong...

                    Now kids ages 10-19 can get it just as easily as anyone else and, can spread it just as easily as well. Why is the concept that this thing is literally evolving/changing by the day so difficult for people like you to understand and except?

                    Comment


                    • Jeb, page post...

                      07-19-2020, 08:09 PM

                      Originally posted by alfablue View Post

                      And pneumonia deaths with some kind of odd flu deaths would be super high at this point too. No covid, though....

                      Since these are all preventable deaths, this is very criminal.


                      Jeb's response to alfa... "Please explain how these are all preventable. Let’s start with the nursing home deaths. Give it your best shot."

                      Ok Jeb, this is such a stupid statement that I don't need to give it even my worst shot. If you have an actual lock down that's enforced, evidence would indicate that you'd have a hell of a lot less virus ever getting into the nursing homes to start with. Which, any normal individual would understand would significantly reduce deaths in those homes. Pretty simple really. Well, maybe not for you but, certainly for most people.

                      Comment


                      • Please. Just.........don't.

                        The subject in question is not interested in a debate on the merits.

                        All he wants is any kind of response, so he can continue to up the troll ante.

                        Just stop. Put him on ignore. It will be like he's not even there. And he will not be getting the attention he craves. And will look for it elsewhere.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                        Comment


                        • Huh, didn't realize that New Zealand is on a lock down forever- when you see them opening up sports stadiums to actual crowds of people. When you eliminate the virus, you can open back up- funny how that works. For sure, the EU isn't locked down anymore- people I work with are very much back to work.

                          Which is a good example that deaths can be prevented. Just like So Korea, and even with the massive amounts of deaths in the EU, the actions they ended up taking have prevented the spread farther than it is- compare all of the EU to Sweden.

                          We still have a chance to prevent more deaths here in the US, but given the attitude by a good chunk of this country mirrors's jebs, I don't see that happening very well. Although, now that their holiness- dumpy- is now encouraging mask wearing, it will be interesting to see the change.

                          Prevent spreading the virus = preventing deaths. Easiest math of all time, which does not even require science.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by net presence View Post
                            Also, in relation to your extremely poor attempt to defend the idiots from Kentucky; don't forget, you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater when there isn't one. Meaning, whether it's these two fools trying to break quarantine after testing positive, or the idiots storming the various state houses back in April with their AR-15s, screaming in the faces of state troopers, the moment your statements or actual actions provably jeopardizes the physical health of another person, your "rights" and "freedoms" have ended. Every one of those early protesters could've been arrested for their actions, just as it's within society's/the government's right to legally confine the two morons in Kentucky.
                            Again the couple in Kentucky were given the ankle bracelets because they went out, were going out, ect. It was because they didn't sign county papers. Which is absurd and a complete waste of time and resources. Not to mention she had a negative test with no symptoms which does not mean she had covid19.

                            Your logic is so extreme it is actually of concern.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by net presence View Post
                              Jeb, trying to avoid actually using the quote function in order respect other's requests to not see your garbage so...responding to this post from page 1 of the current thread...

                              07-19-2020, 05:04 PM
                              “Whatever government prevention measure was enacted by the Swedish government, however tiny, is THE reason Sweden survived this thing. It's also the reason the curve subsided rather than sticking around forever.“


                              https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkChang...82095472082944

                              From an article in "Business Insider" magazine....

                              But experts are warning that the path Sweden took came at a high price: Sweden's death toll was 11 times that of neighboring Norway, and the current drop in fatalities is on a par with Haiti or Pakistan, countries that are struggling to control outbreaks.

                              Maybe their plan wasn't quite as successful as you want it to appear....
                              Go look at their numbers now both cases and deaths have plummeted. Daily deaths have plummeted to around zero. ^^Extremist

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by net presence View Post
                                Jesus Jeb, you make it too easy sometimes....in response to this post from page 1 of this current thread:

                                07-19-2020, 05:42 PM


                                Masks (especially the ones the vast majority of the public are wearing).

                                https://www.technocracy.news/masks-a...f-the-science/

                                #StopTheFear
                                Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-19-2020, 05:51 PM.

                                Here's a link to an article from the Hartford Healthcare Website that addresses the B.S. from the garbage website you linked to above.

                                https://hartfordhealthcare.org/about...2&publicId=395

                                From the article:

                                "COVID-19 can kill. Now, according to a misguided Internet-fueled theory, masks can kill, too.

                                All it takes is a mask-wearer who inhales freshly exhaled carbon dioxide repeatedly until dizzy, unconscious or dead. That, no doubt, would be a shocking development. In the real world, the average mask user without preexisting respiratory illness has nothing to worry about — except COVID-19.

                                Only an airtight mask could possibly cause any breathing difficulty. That eliminates cloth masks, the preferred personal protective equipment in public. It actually eliminates N95 respirators, too, usually reserved for healthcare professionals. They fit tighter than a cloth mask but still not tight enough on the face to kill. Surgeons wear even more substantial face coverings all day without endangering their health.

                                But who wouldn’t want a more comfortable N95? John Xu, a research scientist at Stanford University, is developing a modified N95 mask with his colleagues that includes a small box worn at the waist with a tube extending to the mask. The box, through an electrochemical process, produces pure oxygen to compensate for the loss of oxygen caused by the mask. The researchers started their project with the assumption that an N95 mask reduces oxygen intake by anywhere from 5 percent to 20 percent.

                                An N95 mask could possibly cause:

                                Hypoxia: When body tissue does not get enough oxygen.

                                Hypercapnia: Elevated levels of carbon dioxide in the blood that can cause dizziness, shortness of breath, headache and, in extreme cases, hyperventilation, seizures and possible death.

                                But even an N95 mask is unlikely to produce such extreme reactions. A respiratory illness such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or COPD, can cause both hypoxia and hypercapnia. Those with a preexisting condition who experience breathing difficulties, of course, would almost certainly remove the mask.

                                A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention representative told Reuters that carbon dioxide, indeed, will collect between the mask and face but not in dangerous amounts and certainly not enough to cause hypercapnia. A mask is designed to trap viral droplets, much larger than tiny carbon dioxide particles. A mask, either N95 or cloth, cannot trap all carbon dioxide particles — they either go through the mask or escape along the mask’s perimeter."

                                You might be THE most gullible person ever.

                                I'm gullible? As people run around with cloth masks, bandannas, surgical masks that do not fit properly around their mouth at all thinking that will stop a virus. ^^Pure Stupidity.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X