Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Test result came back on day 3- I have it
    Been worrying and waiting for you to post. Thinking of you lots. Take care of yourself best you can. This thing sucks!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      Also, one note on Cuomo (and other governor's) move to "sent COVID patients back to die at nursing homes! He killed people!".

      There was an issue early on where post-acute care facilities - SNFs, rehab hospitals, hospice homes, etc. - were refusing any new patients. Hospitals were at the breaking point and needed the beds, and there was a large amount of patients who no longer needed acute care but couldn't be discharged to their homes. In normal times, these patients are discharged to those same post-acute care facilities. First, acute care isn't needed anymore. Second, Medicare and every single private payor in the country would stop paying for acute care when it isn't needed (there's an insane labyrinth of "utilization review" that determines whether a payor will actually cover a hospital stay). With those other facilities refusing to take patients, what were we to do?
      This. Very much missed in the hysterical headlines.
      In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

      Originally posted by burd
      I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
        Also, one note on Cuomo (and other governor's) move to "sent COVID patients back to die at nursing homes! He killed people!".

        There was an issue early on where post-acute care facilities - SNFs, rehab hospitals, hospice homes, etc. - were refusing any new patients. Hospitals were at the breaking point and needed the beds, and there was a large amount of patients who no longer needed acute care but couldn't be discharged to their homes. In normal times, these patients are discharged to those same post-acute care facilities. First, acute care isn't needed anymore. Second, Medicare and every single private payor in the country would stop paying for acute care when it isn't needed (there's an insane labyrinth of "utilization review" that determines whether a payor will actually cover a hospital stay). With those other facilities refusing to take patients, what were we to do?

        I do not care for Cuomo. I think he's done a passable job with COVID, but he was in a no-win situation here. Existing laws require all care facilities to take necessary precautions for infectious patients. Some never have them - short-term rehab hospitals, for example, might not have the infrastructure for a true isolation setup - but most are required to maintain iso protocols. Cuomo was mainly reminding them of this, and preventing them from refusing patients they'd otherwise take if they had other infectious diseases.

        It is pathetic and sad that many of these facilities either did absolutely nothing or, in some horrific cases, mixed COVID patients with non-COVID patients (see the VA hospital in Holyoke, MA. Seriously, people should be put in prison for that), but what was Cuomo to do?

        Again, this is a red herring ginned up by dishonest people, counting on the masses not knowing the ins and outs of out healthcare system.

        But... but... PCR! Sensitivity! Something about sero-something!
        "Red herring" my *****. Trump sent a hospital ship AND built field hospital facilities in NYC at the time Cuomo was sending COVID patients back to nursing homes. Cuomo had the power and ability to make use of those facilities to manage any of the emerging overflow issues (which thankfully didn't hit originally-panicked projections). Instead, he barely made use of them, the hospital ship left town and the field hospitals were dismantled after barely being utilized in some cases. You'll note the hospital ship Comfort was even reconfigured on the fly when the profile of admissions changed.

        To even attempt to defend Cuomo for his handling and blame sharing on COVID is exactly the "dishonesty" you try to direct onto others.

        https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...-200-patients/

        https://apnews.com/e593ba57f37206b495521503d7e5e4c5

        The data clearly indicates NY, NJ and MA handled COVID-19 worse (by far) than ANY Red state - including Florida a/k/a God's Waiting Room. You guys claim to be for SCIENCE, but when the facts AND the data don't fit your narrative, SCIENCE quickly goes out the window ...
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

        Comment


        • As chance would have it, I drove past that protest outside the Governor’s Mansion. We on our way to pick up an order from Pad Thai.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

          "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

          "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

            I can’t find anything that I can smell right now
            Reminds me of this: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJA***rp/
            it blocks the w T and f that are in a row in the url.

            Try this: https://bit.ly/2Rt4v7u
            Last edited by aparch; 09-15-2020, 12:46 AM.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

            Live Radio from 100.3

            Comment


            • Remember In April When Trump Was Pushing To Open Up

              In the April 13 recording, Trump told Woodward that the coronavirus is “so easily transmissible, you wouldn’t believe it,” and he shared an anecdote about his effort to avoid infection after he was in the same room with a person who sneezed.

              “I was in the White House a couple of days ago, meeting with 10 people in the Oval Office, and a guy sneezed ― innocently, not a horrible, you know just a sneeze. The entire room bailed out, OK? Including me, by the way.”

              Publicly, on April 13, Trump was pushing to relax social distancing measures and reopen businesses across the country. He also threatened governors who might not comply with what he incorrectly called his “total” authority to force state economies to restart.
              Congrats you all got played! Chucky, Jebbers, FlaggyWhalers we are all pointing and laughing at you!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Remember In April When Trump Was Pushing To Open Up



                Congrats you all got played! Chucky, Jebbers, FlaggyWhalers we are all pointing and laughing at you!
                I think Chuck forgot to include in his post that Trump BANNED all travel from Europe and China.

                I can see where people could defend Trump a little in March and April, but at this point? They make themselves look like complete lunatics.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

                  I can’t find anything that I can smell right now
                  I've dealt with allergies my whole life and this happens to me pretty regularly. It isn't a lot of fun, is it?
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

                    "Red herring" my *****. Trump sent a hospital ship AND built field hospital facilities in NYC at the time Cuomo was sending COVID patients back to nursing homes. Cuomo had the power and ability to make use of those facilities to manage any of the emerging overflow issues (which thankfully didn't hit originally-panicked projections). Instead, he barely made use of them, the hospital ship left town and the field hospitals were dismantled after barely being utilized in some cases. You'll note the hospital ship Comfort was even reconfigured on the fly when the profile of admissions changed.

                    To even attempt to defend Cuomo for his handling and blame sharing on COVID is exactly the "dishonesty" you try to direct onto others.

                    https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-...-200-patients/

                    https://apnews.com/e593ba57f37206b495521503d7e5e4c5

                    The data clearly indicates NY, NJ and MA handled COVID-19 worse (by far) than ANY Red state - including Florida a/k/a God's Waiting Room. You guys claim to be for SCIENCE, but when the facts AND the data don't fit your narrative, SCIENCE quickly goes out the window ...
                    This is spectacularly and hilariously misguided.

                    These ships were only designed to be temporary, barely functioning (remember, they had been mothballed and rushed to get back into use) and weren't there for either COVID patients or for post-acute care patients. I know this is news to you, but not all patients are born equal. Acuity makes all the difference in the world. They were there for non-COVID overflow, which was less needed than anticipated. With almost no elective procedures taking place, significantly reduced car traffic leading to fewer accidents, no bars open leading to fewer issues from those and on and on, non-COVID care need was significantly reduced. Nursing homes are not acute care facilities. Equating them is misguided at best, and dishonest at worst (where you are now).

                    I can't speak for NYC because De Blasio is a blithering idiot, but MA handled this situation as well as any state. Baker has done a tremendous job in total and I'm immensely relieved he is my governor and not... anyone else (very much including Cuomo). Your assertion on Florida is particularly tragically hilarious, but expected, as is your assertion of what the science is saying.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                    Comment


                    • I have to say. Chuck and Jebbers are right. Ignoring science is always the way to go. Polio for example. Science didn't have anything to do with eradicating it. Smallpox? Please. A group of Republican politicians in Washington wiped that disease out. And all those medical people on the front lines? What did science ever do for them?

                      And when Miami is under water it will be the politicians that come to save it. Mark my words.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                      Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                        This is spectacularly and hilariously misguided.
                        It's an Echo Chamber talking point that has been drilled into these rubes. I've heard it vomited back from other RWNJ. It's all they have.

                        The point of these lunatic narratives that Chuck and others are disgorging is not information to be debated and rebutted. It's a recruitment tool fascists use to seek others who are receptive to their real message, which is Dumpiness. By engaging you are spreading his propaganda and doing his work for him.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                        Comment


                        • One last post before I got back away from the lack of sanity....

                          So we know dumpy intentionally downplayed the danger and severity of this virus. To prevent "panic" (more on that later).

                          Some revisionist history- just think of where we would be now if the moron played it seriously. Since we know that he knew in early April, then he knew is March when most of the country was sent home. Back then, we could have had a real, national, response- making sure that people kept apart and that when the mask effectiveness data came in, we all switched over to masks. Hospitals would have been supplied early on, and companies would not have had to wait for the government funding to hope they get paid for the PPE and ventilators that were all made.

                          The states hit hard and early would have been better able to deal with the sick. Which would have helped keep things down.
                          More important, the states hit hard next would have been completely prepared and ready to rock out of the box.
                          And the most, most, most important- the states that suffered late, and are suffering now would likely not have suffered at all.

                          The US would rightly be opening back up just like the EU. Caution would apply, but cases would be easier to isolate and keep out of the public.

                          I would wager a bet that over 100,000 Americans would still be alive, let alone the economy would be on a much stronger footing.

                          Instead, he played it down- hoping to make his bad states suffer, via people dying. And even knowing (and probably doing) what the best practices are, he encouraged his followers to do the exact opposite. Somehow, doing the right thing became a political statement. So much so, his dear worshipers constantly are trying to tell us this isn't a big deal.

                          (ironic how these worshipers of dumpy accused people of doing the same to President Obama, isn't it?).

                          What could have been.

                          Back onto the panic thing- I've mentioned this before- it's astounding how the "prevent panic" thing has totally been about the right panicing about the economy or panicing about people panicing. How is staying home and being cautious is panic I don't understand, nor wearing a mask. People have lost their minds over stay at home orders, or wearing mask mandates, or any action over trying to prevent spread- that's the group panicing. And all of that is because of an idiot who wants to downplay a serious situation to prevent panic.

                          Back into the safety of my home, not spending money. And also noting who is doing a bad job so that I don't give them money in the future.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            This is spectacularly and hilariously misguided.

                            These ships were only designed to be temporary, barely functioning (remember, they had been mothballed and rushed to get back into use) and weren't there for either COVID patients or for post-acute care patients. I know this is news to you, but not all patients are born equal. Acuity makes all the difference in the world. They were there for non-COVID overflow, which was less needed than anticipated. With almost no elective procedures taking place, significantly reduced car traffic leading to fewer accidents, no bars open leading to fewer issues from those and on and on, non-COVID care need was significantly reduced. Nursing homes are not acute care facilities. Equating them is misguided at best, and dishonest at worst (where you are now).
                            But you would be (spectacularly) wrong. Excerpt from the Navy Times piece I linked above:

                            "Comfort was directed to begin accepting COVID-19 patients on April 6, a decision that warranted an extensive layout reconfiguration to properly cordon off the coronavirus ward from the rest of vessel."

                            Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            I can't speak for NYC because De Blasio is a blithering idiot, but MA handled this situation as well as any state. Baker has done a tremendous job in total and I'm immensely relieved he is my governor and not... anyone else (very much including Cuomo). Your assertion on Florida is particularly tragically hilarious, but expected, as is your assertion of what the science is saying.
                            Governor Baker has done such a "tremendous job" that in addition to landing MA in the Bottom Three of COVID-19 deaths - total or per capita, no matter - MA currently has the highest unemployment rate in the country. So more of his constituents have died than pretty much anywhere else (perhaps besides NY & NJ) AND on top of that, more of his surviving constituents are out of work than pretty much anywhere else in the US.

                            We can agree that DeBlasio is a blithering idiot. That DeSantis (Florida) isn't atop the death toll lists or unemployment lists, given the population demographics of his state, is probably pretty shocking to most of us, but his success can't be denied. The data is in now, and all the known metrics out there would seem to show he's outperformed most of his competition - that is, if keeping constituents alive AND gainfully employed are deemed important. Maybe you have different metrics?

                            As someone who lives in a state bordering Governor Baker's state, there's not a morning I don't wake up and thank God profusely that we have Governor Sununu in charge up here.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

                            Comment


                            • ... oh, and to all the tinfoil-hat wearing true believers who think Bob "Way Overdrawn on his 15 Minutes of Fame" Woodward has something, you'd have to convince Dr. Fauci, who isn't going along with your tedious, predictable narrative ...

                              https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...marks-n2575904
                               
                              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                              Montreal Expos Forever ...

                              Comment


                              • Kepler is right. Arguing with you is like arguing with a chair, but I'm a glutton for punishment and you are demonstrably wrong, everywhere, on everything.

                                The Comfort was re-purposed but since it doesn't have many of the required isolation protocol procedures and infrastructure required of other hospitals (since it doesn't require JCAHO certification), it wasn't a good COVID solution, and wasn't used as such. This doesn't refute my point in any way, shape or form.

                                Massachusetts was hit with a double whammy in March of being next to one of the world's most traveled cities (and thus, one of the largest outbreaks). I've no idea where you live, but Boston is barely 200 miles from NYC. To think that NYC's issues wouldn't immediately spread to nearby cities is ridiculous. The second whammy was the Biogen super-spreader event that took place in March and led to a crazy number of infections. I know you won't bother to google it, but between those two factors we got hit hard right up front.

                                And once again, you're factually inaccurate about MA. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...es_totaldeaths - sixth in the country in total COVID deaths (and I'd bet that Florida, Georgia and Texas are wildly undercounting), but 3rd in deaths per 100,000. Again, if DeSantis or Kemp weren't blatantly lying about infections, deaths, testing or basically anything else COVID-related, they'd be much higher.

                                State unemployment is obviously high in states that are doing the right thing and closing things down. I mean, duh? Unfortunately, doing the right thing has consequences.


                                https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...242552796.html
                                https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/us/fl...ata/index.html


                                edit: sorry, I'm not clicking a bull**** townhall link or watching a bull**** fox news anything. I am 100% confident that his comments are taken out of context because he's been fairly critical of states reporting from the start.


                                And with that I'm done with you too, since you're just regurgitating what trollbot posts at this point.

                                Release the parachute! It's no longer needed.
                                Last edited by Swansong; 09-15-2020, 10:26 AM.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X