Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

My SIL has a family that is being a set of total idiots they coe from multiple States, and some of them come from hot spots. My bro has multiple risk factors. His wife is insistent that she needs to see her family for her mental health. Then he makes a comment that if he gets it and dies it will be on his MIL. I couldn't help myself. Told him No, it isn't his MIL but his wife who is going into situations that she knows are risky and she is willing to have him die because she is selfish. They are already planning T day and Xmas. And they are pressuring him hard to go. She isn't even discussing. She will go. She works in a hospital. I can't even. Told him if he gets sick I am not going to be able to keep my mouth shut. She absolutely knows better. Follows all the quarantine rules that are posted but her family is excluded, even tho they come from red counties and different states.

My new question- is it worth dying for. Apparently his wife is worth dying for even if she is willing to do stuff that will kill him.
    Bi- weekly check in on this thread...

We are already planning on doing nothing for T-giving and X-mas.

We had a cruise planned for both (just like we should have had one in a week)- so in the span of 4 months, we have stopped about $10k on vacation spending just on the cruise, let alone the flights, hotels, other stuff we normally vacation on. A prime example of how this dragging on is going to hurt the economy, as I know that we are not the only ones who will be avoiding that kind of vacation for a while.

Since it's optional, we opt out. Well played deniers. Well played. Keep money from flowing.

On the other hand, we are kind of bothered by the fact that we can't go and take care of MIL- who lives on her own with a dog. She has help, but not to make sure the dog is vaccinated and whatnot. I guess we will see how this plays out.

To the deniers- make fun of us all you want- we've traveled a lot over our life, and it's not a big deal to take a year off. Its our money, we choose to not spend it. Better safe than dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Test result came back on day 3- I have it
      more support from us. Even if you are a gopher.

As I go running, I keep thinking that I had it- as I run out of energy very quickly on most runs. And it does not take much for my HR to rocket to an old sprinting pace. No idea if it was, but hopefully that's the worst you may see.

Comment

Oh crap. Sending positive healing vibes your way. Hoping your case will run its course without becoming serious. How are you feeling now?

Comment

Jeez. From your next post hopefully this remains manageable for you but I wish you nothing but the best and please keep us posted as much as you can during this obviously difficult time.

Comment

• So DGF who, by her accounts at least, has been one of the most careful people who posts here still ends up getting it? Yikes.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
              You want to drag Roe v Wade into this? Then every COVID case should be considered rape because 194k people didn't choose to get COVID. You miserable son of a b*tch.
              Hey, don't shoot the messenger, I wasn't the one who started with all the purportedly clever "apples and oranges" numerical comparisons. But since some of #teamwetthebed's all-stars wanted to play "fun & games" with numbers, I figured I might as well play along. Apparently that struck a nerve? You folks shift the goalposts so often, it's hard to keep track of the rules ...

FWIW I'm pretty sure the 60+MM victims of Roe v. Wade didn't have much of a say on their butchering, either.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Good luck. Stay strong, positive thoughts.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Also wishing you the best. As Kep said, let us know if there is anything anyone of us can do (as implausible as it sounds).
                  In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                  I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    So DGF who, by her accounts at least, has been one of the most careful people who posts here still ends up getting it? Yikes.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.
                    Very careful. Although this sounds like it could be from close family member who visited a practitioner who- shall we say- doesn’t take this seriously

so far it’s very manageable for me on what is at least day 5

Comment

• Wow, u of Michigan..just wow

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cande313/...84508080095232

Comment

I’m so sorry to hear this, let me know if there is anything I can do.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

That is so royally ****ed up that I don't even know how to respond.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Hoping for mild symptoms...

Found out that I have another cousin who tested positive for it last night. Her sister is showing symptoms and so her and her mom are going to get tested. Her dad already had it 3 months ago and won't get tested again unless he starts showing symptoms.
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Not cool.

Although, a correction- the graduate union did vote to go on strike back in 1991, but were reminded that the war was not a legal reason to do that.

But they claimed to be able to control this via a webinar a month ago. So much for that. We may be getting some new administrators in the near future.

Comment

So far, I am lucky if this is the extent of it. The stroke part really worries me but everything is quite manageable right now
                                Well having the dogs to cuddle with will help

Want me to go drive and beat up the person or people responsible? Hypothetically of course ;-)
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X