Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Seriously...what the hell happened to any moderation on here. We may as well be allowed to moderate ourselves if they'll do nothing.
    I guess the Faculty Lounge is the go-to "safe space" where all the beta males go to chill.

Note to Thought Leader: Since you're out of the basement, can't you toughen your bunch up?

Last edited by Chuck Murray; 09-05-2020, 11:51 PM.
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Y'know ... it's cute but kinda sad sometimes, when the ones who think they're the center of universe, get this weird idea that they're deserving of the attention of the adults in the room. They're not clever enough to get the unspoken message, so they keep kicking and screaming for attention, and it just never seems to come. Heartbreaking that even his pals won't clue him in ... unless of course he has no real pals ... that would be even sadder ...
      Certainly don't think I'm the center of the universe. However, since about the third post between us back in April, you've hid in your closet because it's obvious you know you can't win the debate. Literally, every time I've challenged you on a salient point regarding the virus, you have refused to actually answer/address it with any type of logical, substantive, or data supported response. It's always some right-wing, the cure is worse than the disease trope. So trust me, I understand exactly why you didn't/wouldn't respond directly. And, I promise, I haven't lost a wink of sleep over it either.

What will be interesting is how you respond when the world changes on Nov. 4th. Remember, 60+% of the country identifies themselves as left of center. If they all start to turn out in a consistent fashion, your side won't win a presidential election for a very long time. Like Kepler says, it's only a matter of time before your side dies off...

Comment

Y'know ... it's cute but kinda sad sometimes, when the ones who think they're the center of universe, get this weird idea that they're deserving of the attention of the adults in the room. They're not clever enough to get the unspoken message, so they keep kicking and screaming for attention, and it just never seems to come. Heartbreaking that even his pals won't clue him in ... unless of course he has no real pals ... that would be even sadder ...
        And I didn't spend 23 years of my life helping defend this country to let a bunch of right-wing, science denying, Russia loving, misogynist, tiki-torch carrying white nationalist Nazis squander it away....

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post

What will be interesting is how you respond when the world changes on Nov. 4th. Remember, 60+% of the country identifies themselves as left of center. If they all start to turn out in a consistent fashion, your side won't win a presidential election for a very long time. Like Kepler says, it's only a matter of time before your side dies off...
          It’s very telling how political this virus is to you. You tie it back to politics just about every chance to you get. Even when the post you are replying to doesn’t involve politics.

And then you try to back yourself as some Science Guru who wants a strict lockdown for 6 weeks.

Back in reality.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....04.20167932v3

A binary Yes/No approach to the interpretation RT-PCR unvalidated against viral culture will result in false positives with segregation of large numbers of people who are no longer infectious and hence not a threat to public health.

Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-06-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

(1) Spanish Flu (H1N1; 1918-1920) - 500 million infected, 17-50(!) million deaths worldwide
            (2) Asian Flu (H2N2; 1956-1958) - 150 million infected, 1 million deaths worldwide
            (3) Hong Kong Flu (H3N2; 1968-1969) - 100 million infected, 1+ million deaths worldwide
            (4) Wuhan Flu/COVID-19 (H1N1; 2019-2020) - 27 million infected, 850,000 deaths worldwide

So yeah, that's four (4) similar outbreaks in a century. Did you experience the last one? I did.

It's funny, I used to think the whole "safe spaces" thing to describe sensitive sorts was overdone.

Emphasis on "used to". But in deference to your sensitivity, no bolding this time.

You gonna be OK, sunshine??
            Thanks for sharing. Perspective is key and we have lost any form of it.

https://twitter.com/boriquagato/stat...32502069252096

Good thread of information about Sweden and neighbors. Context and perspective are key and the themes apply universally. Otherwise you just have hysteria.

75% of deaths were in nursing homes and elder care. so ask yourself: "how much good could having locked all working age swedes inside possibly done on covid deaths even if lockdown were 100% effective?" pretty much none. certainly not enough to justify the price.

Last edited by Jeb2020; 09-06-2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Some said it is unfair to compare New York State to Sweden. How about comparing Stockholm City to similarly dense cities in the US? Despite no business lock downs, no closed primary schools, and no masks, Stockholm City has had fewer deaths than similarly dense US cities. How?

Comment

• Ya don’t say...

https://mobile.twitter.com/nycsouthp...95138494484480

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  So, since Sturgis attracts people from all over, do you think the high numbers in SD and ND indicate a visitor from out of state was positive and infected locals?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

So, since Sturgis attracts people from all over, do you think the high numbers in SD and ND indicate a visitor from out of state was positive and infected locals?
                    Since Sturgis is in S.D. I doubt anyone going there showed up in ND.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Given how many are asymptomatic I’m sure a lot of people with it traveled there and spread it. Sadly contract tracing here isn’t nearly sophisticated enough but heck that’s why you don’t allow these sizes to congregate

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Given how many are asymptomatic I’m sure a lot of people with it traveled there and spread it. Sadly contract tracing here isn’t nearly sophisticated enough but heck that’s why you don’t allow these sizes to congregate
                        Now do Oregon and the Rioters, 100 days straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Since Sturgis is in S.D. I doubt anyone going there showed up in ND.
                          You may have some people fooled that they're different places, but

Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Or for that matter

Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...-cases-deaths/

I remember someone telling me on this board that they wouldn’t see a huge difference in coronavirus cases distinguished between red and blue states.

that’s... a lot of red states at the top of the fastest growing per capita and overall per capita numbers.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...-cases-deaths/

I remember someone telling me on this board that they wouldn’t see a huge difference in coronavirus cases distinguished between red and blue states.

that’s... a lot of red states at the top of the fastest growing per capita and overall per capita numbers.
                                Not everyone catches the flu on the same day. Not sure why anyone is surprised that different locations eventually see their turn as the “hotspot.” You want to predict where the next one will be? Determine who hasn’t had their turn yet.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X