Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Interesting piece of data that's not getting any discussion, straight from the folks at CDC on Wednesday:

    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...bZXCwSRP2OmqsI

    Comorbidities

    Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.


    So ... 6% of 180,000 is just a little bit under 11,000. Remember when Dr. Birx mentioned back in April how "we’ve taken a very liberal approach to mortality" in the counting of COVID-19 deaths?

    Yeah, I'd say that a 1,500+% boost (11,000 to 180,000) is a "very liberal approach" ...

    Chuck...are you that lazy that you're actually using links to Q'anon conspiracy tweets/articles now. Seems kind of beneath you....actually...no it doesn't.

    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/30/p...mpression=true


    Twitter removes QAnon supporter's false claim about coronavirus death statistics that Trump had retweeted

    "The tweet, from "Mel Q," copied from someone else's Facebook post, claimed that the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had "quietly" updated its numbers "to admit that only 6%" of people listed as coronavirus deaths "actually died from Covid," since "the other 94% had 2-3 other serious illnesses."

    That's not what the CDC said.

    "The CDC's latest regular update to a public statistics page on the pandemic said that for 6% of the deaths included in its statistics, "Covid-19 was the only cause mentioned" on the deceased person's death certificate. That is not at all the same thing as saying only 6% of reported Covid-19 deaths "actually died" from Covid-19. It simply means that the other 94% were listed as having at least one additional factor contributing to their death."

    "For example, the other 94% includes people whose death certificate listed both Covid-19 and obesity, both Covid-19 and diabetes, or both Covid-19 and heart disease -- among other conditions."

    Nice try though Charles....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by net presence View Post


      ...
      "For example, the other 94% includes people whose death certificate listed both Covid-19 and obesity, both Covid-19 and diabetes, or both Covid-19 and heart disease -- among other conditions."

      Nice try though Charles....
      Here's a quick clip in case reading is too hard for these people.

      https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJB9Acwy/
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

      Live Radio from 100.3

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bronconick View Post

        By this logic, there has never been a single death from AIDS. Good to know.
        The logic is amazing, isn't it?
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

        Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

        Comment


        • Uh.....


          https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...15126986731524

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bronconick View Post

            By this logic, there has never been a single death from AIDS. Good to know.
            You'll be shocked to learn that this and other covidiot arguments are the same or very similar to Aids/HIV denialism conspiracy theories.
            Wisconsin Hockey: What're YOU looking at?

            The number of times a poster posts per day is directly correlated with how dissatisfied he is with his relationship.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by bronconick View Post

              By this logic, there has never been a single death from AIDS. Good to know.
              That was one way the GOP was able to deny funding for AIDS related projects...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                "A deleted tweet about coronavirus from a man who was deleted by coronavirus."

                BOOM SHAK-A-LAKA!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                Comment


                • Herman Cain's Twitter account posting that COVID isn't as deadly as the MSM said is maybe the peak of modern conservative thought.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


                  Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Herman Cain's Twitter account posting that COVID isn't as deadly as the MSM said is maybe the peak of modern conservative thought.
                    I dunno...according to Conservative Twitter Trump won in a landslide in 2016.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

                    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

                    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                    Comment


                    • https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...l1B?li=BBnb7Kz

                      As the White House repeatedly downplayed the state of the pandemic throughout the summer, its own coronavirus task force was quietly sending reports to states that directly contradicted the public remarks offered by President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, showed documents that were unveiled Monday by a congressional panel.
                      Further, the Democratic-led committee concluded, "many states are still failing to comply with key Task Force recommendations, including some recommendations first made nearly two months ago."

                      The panel specifically references four states—Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Oklahoma—that it said "acknowledged" receiving the private reports and recommendations, yet largely ignored them by not "implementing additional public health measures recommended by the Task Force to stop the spread of the virus."
                      In related news, get ready for 'herd immunity' and 1.5-2 million dead, as Trump's new favorite doctor, straight from Fox news, is said to be heavily influencing the course forward, despite the objections of Birx and Fauci.
                      Last edited by rufus; 08-31-2020, 01:14 PM.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/secret-white-house-coronavirus-task-force-reports-contradict-public-claims-by-trump-pence/ar-BB18yl1B?li=BBnb7Kz



                        In related news, get ready for 'herd immunity' and 1.5-2 million dead, as Trump's new favorite doctor, straight from Fox news, is said to be heavily influencing the course forward, despite the objections of Birx and Fauci.
                        A top advisor to trump is already pushing herd immunity hard now.
                        aftwr you’ve let 200k people die, that’s about all you have left

                        Comment


                        • The idea that we need to steam towards herd immunity is regurgitated by many of the uninformed (many of them who also erroneously claim that they don't like vaccines because they prefer to build immunity "naturally"). This is about 6 weeks old, but it's every bit as true now as it was then:
                          https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/polit...ity/index.html

                          1) "Let's talk about herd immunity. I've listened to some people argue that the rapid spread of cases is a good thing, and we need to reach herd immunity in Mississippi and elsewhere to survive. I'm not a health care expert by any means, but I am a math guy. And I have thoughts:"
                          2) "The experts say we need 70-80% of the population to get COVID-19 to achieve herd immunity. Let's assume they're wrong (it's certainly possible, they have been before.) Let's assume they're being way overly cautious and we actually only need 40% infection for herd immunity."
                          3) "In Mississippi, our population is 3 million. We've had 36,680 cases so far. We'd need 1.2 MILLION infections to achieve that hypothetical 40% threshold. (Remember, experts say it's double that.)"
                          4) "Over the last two weeks, our hospital system has started to become stressed to the point of pain. We are seeing the early signs and effects of it becoming overwhelmed. We had to suspend elective surgeries again."
                          5) "On our worst day of new cases, we had just over 1,000. It has typically been between 700-900 during this most aggressive time. To get to 40% infections, we'd need 3,187 new cases every day for a full year from today. We would need to TRIPLE our worst day -- every day -- for a year."
                          6) "I'm not one of these guys that immediately dismisses any idea that challenges the expert status quo talking points. I'm pretty skeptical by nature. That's healthy. But herd immunity is not anything like a realistic solution in the short or mid-term. I wish it was."
                          7) "Unless you're willing to go without hospitals after a car wreck or heart attack, we need a different approach. Right now, despite mixed messages at the beginning, it seems like masks are the best bet. They're a hell of a lot better than widespread shut downs. Please wear one!"
                          We have about 330 million people in the US. Assuming the low end of the herd immunity threshold of 70%, that's 231,000,000 infections. Even assuming the 1% fatality rate, that is 2.3 million people dead. Want to get silly and halve the fatality rate? Fine. 1.15 million dead.

                          And frankly, if you have 231 million people getting infected all within a short time and still think that hospitals would be able to limit the fatality rate to 1% then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

                          Since ObviousTroll2020 and the once-good poster Chuck Murray don't like to read anything that causes them thinky pain, here's the TL;DR version:

                          Herd Immunity happens with a vaccine or with millions dead. There are no other options.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                          Comment


                          • Also, to add to the "6% conspiracy" discussion, the idea that all of those patients with COVID and something else would have died this year anyway is utterly preposterous. People live for years with COPD, CHF, lung cancer or all manner of ailments. But they do not with that and COVID. What makes this virus so nasty is that it brutalizes people with co-morbitities. Like all of you, I have many friends and acquaintances and coworkers with health conditions putting that at significant risk of COVID. I guess they should never be able to work, or go out to the store, or see family or anyone again?


                            Influenza can be similarly nasty - in fact the CDC doesn't track the exact number of flu deaths because the direct cause of death is almost always a secondary infection or the worsening (caused by influenza) of an existing health issue. That's just how we track diseases.

                            My response to "only 6% of COVID-related deaths are solely due to COVID" is "it's that high?"
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                            Comment


                            • To the deniers out there:
                              You do realize that you are making no difference to the economy, right? And the longer you keep denying what has happened and what is going on, the longer people like me will keep to ourselves and not spend any money.

                              Because of this virus, instead of taking a many multi-thousand dollar trip to the EU, that included a cruise, we are taking a trip nearby that we likely won't be spending $2k. So at least an 80% reduction in spending.

                              And, for sure, we are not alone in this massive spending reduction. At least half of the public is taking this very seriously- and even though some are travelling, and going out, and whatnot- that half is not even near running at 100%. Just heard a stat (which seems pretty optimistic) that flying is down 30% from a year ago. If that's the case, that's a massive profit hit to flying. Even IF sports were open back up, there's a great chance that not nearly the same demand to see that live will be there. 70% seems like a pretty good number even if there were no restrictions.

                              Stores are not running a full capacity, for sure. I certainly see less people at the handful of stores we go to. Let alone the restaurants- again, even w/o restrictions, there will be a huge number that will stay home.

                              It's hilarious that you keep trying to force things to open up- and with no real end of control in sight, that's hardly going to lead to record profits- it's more likely to lead to cutbacks and layoffs. And THAT is another factor that is reducing spending- people just don't trust that their company is looking out for them and their jobs. We already know that R's have no interest in continuing aid to people- they are blaming that on people not returning to work (LOL, what a joke).

                              The faster this gets under control the faster the economy will recover. The longer this drags on, largely due to the denial of what is going on- the worse it's going to be for the economy. Simple logic.

                              The flippant reaction- "just stay home" - is being taken quite literally.

                              Comment


                              • For those who have intact cognitive function and reasoning skills, here is a good debunking of the 6% nonsense. Good outline for those who have never filled one out explaining how death certificates work and how those who forward the 6% meme, really do not have any idea what they are talking about.

                                https://respectfulinsolence.com/2020...isinformation/
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

                                Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X