Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Can't outrun the Covfefe.
    Especially being as short as he is. https://www.etonline.com/kevin-hart-...ia-post-151956

    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

    Test to see if I can add this.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      NC State Might Cancel First Game

      Also saw a tweet that Lincoln Riley of OU said he lost almost an entire position group due to the virus...wont say which group.

      Of course now the college football fans are saying crap like "the students wouldnt know they had it if they hadnt been tested" which is actually dumber than the crap our moron president says.
      I've got a WV alumnus friend who swears the only reason WV is going to play is their President has a luxury box all to himself.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

        THis should make the conspiracy theorists who blindly follow have a mind blowing choice- take the vaccine so they own the Libs or don't take it because all pharma is deep state and there are little microchips involved. https://images.app.goo.gl/4bABAZxuSfqMwBbJ9
        Bahahah


        Comment


        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          NC State Might Cancel First Game

          Also saw a tweet that Lincoln Riley of OU said he lost almost an entire position group due to the virus...wont say which group.

          Of course now the college football fans are saying crap like "the students wouldnt know they had it if they hadnt been tested" which is actually dumber than the crap our moron president says.
          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

          Comment


          • Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Can't outrun the Covfefe.
            Bolt can run a 9.59 but ‘Rona did a 9.58...
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Bolt can run a 9.59 but ‘Rona did a 9.58...
              New US record.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

              Comment


              • A friend of mine is a professor in Oklahoma. Surprise, a number of sick students and faculty, and now she's quarantined and she and her husband are feeling sick.

                Who saw this coming, other than anyone with eyes?
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by French Rage View Post

                  They don't like the term "sociopath"; they fell "libertarian" sounds nicer.
                  I remain a libertarian, and I've been trying to square this all. There's some cognitive dissonance to be sure, but ultimately we need to balance our naturally-endowed rights with the absolute need to prevent a tremendous amount of people from dying. Normally, I dismiss people's atrocious judgement and decisions because the impacts are so often personal (or at least localized). But with COVID, the consequences of said atrocious judgement can be catastrophic.

                  Once again, to me, it comes down to "my right to swing my arms wildly ends at the bridge of your nose", and with COVID, unfortunately, the bridge of your nose is very large. and my arms are Inspector Gadget-length.

                  I've worked for a hospital as a systems analyst for a few years now, and I wonder a lot about how much that has informed my thinking on COVID. Would I feel the same if I had my previous job (knowledge management for a consumer electronics company), or a job where I was straight-up furloughed?
                  Last edited by Swansong; 08-26-2020, 09:21 AM.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                    A friend of mine is a professor in Oklahoma. Surprise, a number of sick students and faculty, and now she's quarantined and she and her husband are feeling sick.

                    Who saw this coming, other than anyone with eyes?
                    They're fine. They're not dead.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

                    R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

                    SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
                    Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
                    Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
                    Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
                    Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

                      They're fine. They're not dead.
                      Exactly.

                      Just caught up on the last few days of this thread. I especially liked the share about how you're more likely to be struck by lightning than die from covid if you're under 65. Not equivalent. If you want to compare Covid to lightning strikes than compare chance of dying from lightning to dying from Covid, or chance of struck by lighting to chance of getting covid.

                      I don't know why these comparisons anger me so much, but they do. It's probably because idiots use them as a way of down-playing the threat and trying to excuse their not wanting to take any simple precautions (like wearing a mask).
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.
                      Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      9 WCHA (all except Huntsville)
                      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

                        Exactly.

                        Just caught up on the last few days of this thread. I especially liked the share about how you're more likely to be struck by lightning than die from covid if you're under 65. Not equivalent. If you want to compare Covid to lightning strikes than compare chance of dying from lightning to dying from Covid, or chance of struck by lighting to chance of getting covid.

                        I don't know why these comparisons anger me so much, but they do. It's probably because idiots use them as a way of down-playing the threat and trying to excuse their not wanting to take any simple precautions (like wearing a mask).
                        Because they are the very definition of false equivalence.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by rufus View Post

                          New US record.
                          WR, AR, NR, MR, PB, SB, and a Diet Coke.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

                          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            A friend of mine is a professor in Oklahoma. Surprise, a number of sick students and faculty, and now she's quarantined and she and her husband are feeling sick.

                            Who saw this coming, other than anyone with eyes?
                            I'm not sure even eyes were required.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                            Comment


                            • Those same people get mad if you mention that you are more likely to die of lightning strikes than die in the line of duty as a cop...hell half the cops who have died so far in the line of duty have been due to COVID I wonder if they count :-o
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

                              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

                              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

                                Exactly.

                                Just caught up on the last few days of this thread. I especially liked the share about how you're more likely to be struck by lightning than die from covid if you're under 65. Not equivalent. If you want to compare Covid to lightning strikes than compare chance of dying from lightning to dying from Covid, or chance of struck by lighting to chance of getting covid.

                                I don't know why these comparisons anger me so much, but they do. It's probably because idiots use them as a way of down-playing the threat and trying to excuse their not wanting to take any simple precautions (like wearing a mask).
                                Even with that, we still will pull everyone from the field and clear the stands at a sporting event when lightning is in the area, even if it is a .032% chance of dying from a strike there....
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                                Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                                Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                                Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X