Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looks like we ****ed up convalescent plasma. EUAs are a double-edged sword. They may be necessary to stop a disease in their tracks. But they destroy the incentive for RCTs which destroys most chances at knowing whether the treatment actually works.

    We’re likely going to hear about this as another miracle cure tonight from President Dip****. Everything I’m reading from sources I trust is not good. A lot of apprehension. Ultimately it boils down to “We just don’t know if this works. It might, but this isn’t a RCT.”

    This is is a good article. It’s a little old compared to the news coming out in the last couple hours. But it gets the summary 100% right and does a good job explaining what happened.

    https://www.wired.com/story/97000-pe...s-if-it-works/
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I was surprised that you had your wedding at the time. But I had quite a different viewpoint than most back then- I was deep in the data due to what I do and what I study, and I was quarantining a few weeks before most people gave it serious thought. A lot of people did what you did so there’s not a ton unusual about you having your wedding. And I certainly believe you when you say if you knew then what you know now...
      Believe me when I say I thought we did everything right. Told people to stay home if they were sick or around anyone sick. Had a ton of sanitizer around. But.... It was naive and... well, I still struggle calling it a mistake. But that’s hindsight for you. It’s probably not healthy or productive for me to dwell. We did it, no one got sick, and here we are today.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Looks like we ****ed up convalescent plasma. EUAs are a double-edged sword. They may be necessary to stop a disease in their tracks. But they destroy the incentive for RCTs which destroys most chances at knowing whether the treatment actually works.

        We’re likely going to hear about this as another miracle cure tonight from President Dip****. Everything I’m reading from sources I trust is not good. A lot of apprehension. Ultimately it boils down to “We just don’t know if this works. It might, but this isn’t a RCT.”

        This is is a good article. It’s a little old compared to the news coming out in the last couple hours. But it gets the summary 100% right and does a good job explaining what happened.

        https://www.wired.com/story/97000-pe...s-if-it-works/
        Of course we need more data. That’s how science works. But dump doesn’t care- he just wants to show he has the cure by Election Day so he can avoid jail and grift for four more years. He’s going to kill people with these stupid unproven treatments and I guess why should people care- 90% of republicans are fine with 200k dead, what’s another 50k?


        https://mobile.twitter.com/ASlavitt/...03626643357697
        Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 08-23-2020, 02:00 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

          53 out of 65. Jfc
          The 53 includes people that weren’t at the wedding but caught it from someone that was, so they’re out there spreading it around to people that aren’t dumb enough to go to an indoor wedding with a bunch of non-mask wearing evangelical trumpers right now. Unfortunately someone that didn’t even go to the wedding died.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            The 53 includes people that weren’t at the wedding but caught it from someone that was, so they’re out there spreading it around to people that aren’t dumb enough to go to an indoor wedding with a bunch of non-mask wearing evangelical trumpers right now. Unfortunately someone that didn’t even go to the wedding died.
            A lot of these fat dumb f-cks are going to be carriers who kill others but are not themselves even inconvenienced, much like the Dumpies.

            Obviously the overlap, among whites anyway, is massive. Irresponsible / selfish / stupid / right wing are essentially the same set.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Nuke the Times.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • https://twitter.com/jameshohmann/sta...408569344?s=19

                Expect more fake cures cause it is all they have left!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

                "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

                Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  https://twitter.com/jameshohmann/sta...408569344?s=19

                  Expect more fake cures cause it is all they have left!
                  “It’s a beautiful vaccine. But you can’t get it if Biden is elected. “

                  somehow no studies will come out until after nov 3.

                  Comment


                  • This should scare the **** out of anyone with a functioning brain. but let’s not get hysterical he just wants attention

                    https://mobile.twitter.com/aravosis/...51046576263170

                    Comment


                    • https://m.fark.com/comments/10927040?from_page=politics

                      JFC

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by alfablue View Post

                        They great irony of people like hovey is that they volunteer for the military- because they feel some kind of responsibility to "protect the USA."

                        Which is to say, they are happy to go out and sacrifice their lives to kill other people to "save American lives" but can't be inconvenienced to make any sacrifices to actually save American Lives. There have been far, far, far more Covid deaths than US injuries because of terrorism. Or some kind of threat from Iraq (which was total BS). And people live hovey will *****, moan, complain, and blame for the handful of deaths in Bengazzzziiiiii but ignore the hundreds of thousands dying when they can do something about it.

                        Not sure how people like that can even operate.
                        What's galling is that we have a 9/11-worth of deaths every 2-3 days and have for weeks and weeks now. But no big deal, right? 9/11 changed everything! But why we gotta do anything for this?
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                        Comment


                        • Way to go Iowa

                          https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...33020935200769

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by alfablue View Post

                            They great irony of people like hovey is that they volunteer for the military- because they feel some kind of responsibility to "protect the USA."

                            Which is to say, they are happy to go out and sacrifice their lives to kill other people to "save American lives" but can't be inconvenienced to make any sacrifices to actually save American Lives. There have been far, far, far more Covid deaths than US injuries because of terrorism. Or some kind of threat from Iraq (which was total BS). And people live hovey will *****, moan, complain, and blame for the handful of deaths in Bengazzzziiiiii but ignore the hundreds of thousands dying when they can do something about it.

                            Not sure how people like that can even operate.
                            I don't think you have a very good read on me at all, not that I would expect you to spend any time trying to come up with one. I'm not really a "join the military" kind of guy. I don't have anything against the military, and I have respect for those who have given themselves to that life. I just have no desire to go out and kill anyone, or even be trained to go out and kill anyone, and I'm not that keen on the idea of getting shot myself.

                            As for terrorism, I doubt I've made a post about terrorism on this board. I think it was Joe who republished the 9/11 thread awhile back, and I remember skimming through it. I don't think I made a single post in that thread. I certainly didn't post on Benghazi. In fact, doing so would probably be against my nature, since I tend not to get too worked up over things.

                            Posters can continue to speculate on my motives or misrepresent my beliefs. I don't care. I think if you boiled it all down and took a candid look at my posts, the principal theme is that I tend towards a que sera sera outlook on events. If you want to be critical of that, fine, but I don't expect to change. I don't worry about the things that I can't change, or even those things that create the illusion I can change them.

                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                            Comment


                            • Tuscaloosa closing bars. For something that doesn't effect young people much it's pretty weird they seem to think without protecting these kids from themselves the local hospital would become overwhelmed in about 4 weeks.
                              https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...es/5623315002/

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

                                I don't think you have a very good read on me at all, not that I would expect you to spend any time trying to come up with one. I'm not really a "join the military" kind of guy. I don't have anything against the military, and I have respect for those who have given themselves to that life. I just have no desire to go out and kill anyone, or even be trained to go out and kill anyone, and I'm not that keen on the idea of getting shot myself.

                                As for terrorism, I doubt I've made a post about terrorism on this board. I think it was Joe who republished the 9/11 thread awhile back, and I remember skimming through it. I don't think I made a single post in that thread. I certainly didn't post on Benghazi. In fact, doing so would probably be against my nature, since I tend not to get too worked up over things.

                                Posters can continue to speculate on my motives or misrepresent my beliefs. I don't care. I think if you boiled it all down and took a candid look at my posts, the principal theme is that I tend towards a que sera sera outlook on events. If you want to be critical of that, fine, but I don't expect to change. I don't worry about the things that I can't change, or even those things that create the illusion I can change them.
                                In short, you don't give a **** about anyone but yourself. Big surprise.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X