Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Or, he's just a ****ing sociopath.

As to Covid and workmens comp, you can be damm sure that in the future, insurance companies are gonna treat having had it as a pre-existing condition to deny all sorts of future treatment options, if the Repubs ever end Obama care. Lung problems, heart problems, stroke, anything they can get away with.
    Add thyroid problems- the newest thing that is coming out.

The Univ refuses to put anything in writing or have a policy about covering C-19. But is quite willing to put someone at risk without supplying the proper PPE. And more stuff that I can't post but makes me want to puke at the hypocrisy.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

I'm glad Hovey is here. It can't be easy being a conservative on these threads. We who are varying degrees of liberal need some push back from a conservative with a sizeable fund of knowledge and some brains.
      I don't think there is anything conservative about it. My parents are quite conservative but they've shown (even at the age of 82) they're more than capable of looking past their own immediate needs and seeing a much bigger picture. I welcome legit conservative debate but Hovey is offering nothing of the sort. It's borderline "Fifth Avenue Posse" thinking and extremely dangerous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I don't think there is anything conservative about it. My parents are quite conservative but they've shown (even at the age of 82) they're more than capable of looking past their own immediate needs and seeing a much bigger picture. I welcome legit conservative debate but Hovey is offering nothing of the sort. It's borderline "Fifth Avenue Posse" thinking and extremely dangerous.
        I'm going to be completely candid. I have literally no idea what this means. I even googled it and I still have no idea what it means.

I mean, I kind of like it and I'm not opposed to adopting it as my credo. Rufus' description, ******* sociopath, while accurate, is too common.

But if I'm going to adopt Fifth Avenue Posse thinking as my worldview, if anyone out there can help me out with a definition, I'd be forever indebted.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I believe it refers to the “I can stand in middle of 5th ave and shoot someone and my supporters won’t care” line Trump used

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            I believe it refers to the “I can stand in middle of 5th ave and shoot someone and my supporters won’t care” line Trump used
            Wow, ok. I googled it and came up with nothing. I just assumed it was another instance of Slap Shot showing up and delivering another of his one or two line Chance the gardner quips, then disappearing again, leaving us here to scratch our head in wonder.
            Last edited by SJHovey; 08-19-2020, 04:08 PM.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I thought pregnancy comes with some grim prognoses if you get COVID.
              The short answer is we probably do not know enough. The slightly longer answer when judging risk in pregnancy (like with medications, procedures, etc) is that we are extremely risk adverse so even if the Covid-19 risk is "low" in pregnancy, given the unknowns, you would be best to avoid contact/infection.
              In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
              I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

• Massachusetts becomes the first state in the nation to require flu vaccinations for all students 6 months or older who attend child care, pre-school, school and college in Massachusetts to reduce the possibility of a double whammy of respiratory illnesses during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. There are medical and religious exemptions as well as kids being home schooled.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• According to Governor Beshear, once Kentucky‘s application is approved by FEMA, it’ll become the first state in the country to offer the extra $100/week, using money from the CARES Act. I guess the money won’t start until the first week of September.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    Massachusetts becomes the first state in the nation to require flu vaccinations for all students 6 months or older who attend child care, pre-school, school and college in Massachusetts to reduce the possibility of a double whammy of respiratory illnesses during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. There are medical and religious exemptions as well as kids being home schooled.
                    Between this news and watching the DNC, I’m feeling something I haven’t felt in a while, Hope. And it’s overwhelming.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      Massachusetts becomes the first state in the nation to require flu vaccinations for all students 6 months or older who attend child care, pre-school, school and college in Massachusetts to reduce the possibility of a double whammy of respiratory illnesses during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. There are medical and religious exemptions as well as kids being home schooled.
                      The wackos in my town are already losing their minds about this. But then, no one accused them of being educated or intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I believe it refers to the “I can stand in middle of 5th ave and shoot someone and my supporters won’t care” line Trump used
                        Correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

The wackos in my town are already losing their minds about this. But then, no one accused them of being educated or intelligent.
                          Yeah I've sworn off FB, but texts from friends have informed me that it's blown up with anti-vax hysteria.

I am very much against forced vaccinations in principle. But I am 100% in favor of requiring vaccinations if you want to participate in society (allowing for medical, but not religious, exemptions).
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• So I find out today that my older brother and his wife are planning to come up from MA and spend the weekend with my parents. My father, who just had his 87th birthday today.

I sent my brother a rather nasty instant message. ****ing idiot.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• ON MY MIND: THEY BLINDED US FROM SCIENCE

Dr. Sonal Desai unveils the first insights from the new Franklin Templeton-Gallup research project on behavioral response to COVID-19.

https://www.franklintempletonnordic....m-science.html

Well no sh*t

The first round of our Franklin Templeton–Gallup Economics of Recovery Study has already yielded three powerful and surprising insights:
                              1. Americans still misperceive the risks of death from COVID-19 for different age cohorts—to a shocking extent;
                              2. The misperception is greater for those who identify as Democrats, and for those who rely more on social media for information; partisanship and misinformation, to misquote ThomaDolby, are blinding us from science; and
                              3. We find a sizable “safety premium” that could become a significant driver of inflation as the recovery gets underway.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                So I find out today that my older brother and his wife are planning to come up from MA and spend the weekend with my parents. My father, who just had his 87th birthday today.

I sent my brother a rather nasty instant message. ****ing idiot.
                                Is he due to inherit?
                                After the last few days I have pretty much lost faith in the population in general. Some really sucky sh1t happening here that I can't post but it has reinforced my opinion that some people are despicable, arrogant and have no conscience. No one who has a Hovey attitude should be allowed to be in charge. And they are

Comment

Working...
                                X