Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 12th Part: The Only Thing Worse Than This New Board Is TrumpVirus2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m willing to bet Trumps brother died of complications from COVID
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• We will pass 175,000 deaths this week.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        We will pass 175,000 deaths this week.
        don't we have something like double that dying for the flu? or at least it's a lot that nobody cares about.

BTW, right now, covid is right there to pass "accidents" and will end up being the #3 cause of death in the US this year. And there's 5 more months to go in 2020.

And people actually think that nobody cares about all the other deaths- when there's tons of research and regulations to prevent deaths. Of which we are nowhere near that for COVID. Yet we should sacrifice people for the economy.... they are just people, and people die, it seems.

(not that anyone cares, but there's a 3% chance you will die if you get covid 19. That's a pretty loaded gun.)

Comment

• Hope things turn out ok dx.

Missed some of the original story but I would think if there was exposure at work by the wife they should be incurring the cost. The whole things seems unsound- what you described for their protocol is nuts and guaranteed to decrease their staff availability. If she has a professional assoc it would be a good idea to connect with them to see what they recommend for her to be able to protect herself and you.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/RonaldKlain/stat...44883255152645

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Hope things turn out ok dx.

Missed some of the original story but I would think if there was exposure at work by the wife they should be incurring the cost. The whole things seems unsound- what you described for their protocol is nuts and guaranteed to decrease their staff availability. If she has a professional assoc it would be a good idea to connect with them to see what they recommend for her to be able to protect herself and you.
              That’s good advice. I’ll ask her.

They should, but aren’t. They consider it a “low risk exposure” and are saying they’re not responsible until she shows symptoms.

She and the positive contact only had on surgical masks, however, due to the nature of the work, the contact doesn’t always wear the mask correctly and my wife had to ask the contact to put it on correctly.

That being said, the way they’ve been handling the contact tracing and notifying the people who haven’t worked the unit but will has been nothing short of social malfeasance obviously driven by some dips hit actuary.

“It’s a HIPAA violation to let people know who haven’t worked the unit since the positive test (but will work tomorrow) that they’ve had a positive”

my wife has been told she can’t even contact her coworkers to tell them to take precautions. Without even saying there’s been a positive. I went apoplectic when I heard this yesterday.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• WaPo ran story today about how bad college kids down south are already, thousands out all over no masks, etc. Tuscaloosa mayor is pleading on social media along with some bama football players expressing concern.

will be hilarious if these house parties are what ends sec football this year

Comment

• My friend who tested positive last sunday and experienced symptoms during the week described himself as 100% yesterday, dx. An old guy with a few heart issues. Hope things turn out well for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    WaPo ran story today about how bad college kids down south are already, thousands out all over no masks, etc. Tuscaloosa mayor is pleading on social media along with some bama football players expressing concern.

That's where the college kids don't really understand the bubble that pro sports are trying to achieve. And even they are having issues. I can't see college students being really able to keep among themselves to prevent outbreaks. Especially when partying is such a big deal to many of them.

And it's not as if the whole team is going to be bad- it just takes one to spread it among the whole team.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                      My friend who tested positive last sunday and experienced symptoms during the week described himself as 100% yesterday, dx. An old guy with a few heart issues. Hope things turn out well for you.
                      Thanks.

Everyone is so different. Crazy. There’s some research that people might have some sort of immune protection if they’ve had a coronavirus recently. Glad he’s doing better and thanks for the reassurance.

edit: also worth mentioning that the only positive I trust is a PCR test. Very rare for a false positive.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        WaPo ran story today about how bad college kids down south are already, thousands out all over no masks, etc. Tuscaloosa mayor is pleading on social media along with some bama football players expressing concern.

Which is part of the reason the Big Ten and Pac-12 took the hit. There is less than .0000000000000000001% chance college students follow the rules. It isnt in their nature and it runs anathema to what they believe the college experience is.

I mean I know I am just fear mongering in hopes of cancelling the college football season to hurt Trump and elect Biden...but the students are doing a good job of giving us a reason ;-)
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          It isnt in their nature and it runs anathema to what they believe the college experience is.
                          Their brains aren't developed yet. That's why we need to protect them. It's also why the military and religion love to get kids that age -- they are actual sheep; you can program them to do anything, and our culture has programmed 20-somethings to be irresponsible as-sholes. (Not hedonists. Hedonism has been the glorious nature of all 20-somethings since we came down from the trees.)
                          Last edited by Kepler; 08-17-2020, 11:14 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Liberty University football coach Hugh Freeze is pleased to report no positive coronavirus tests for the past 3 weeks. Of course they haven't conducted a single test for the last 2 weeks. It turns out trump was right when he first remarked at his Tulsa rally that we test too much and that is why we have so many cases in this country.

I'm no longer taking a "who cares" attitude if people who deny the seriousness of COVID-19 or want to put profits in front of safety get sick and die. I now hope they do contract COVID 19 get sick and die. We simply will not survive with this many selfish and stupid people.

Comment

• I saw another picture of college kids at Northern Georgia University partying with large crowds. A lot of the tweets in response were of the people go to Walmart etc., ilk. What do they not understand about - you do sometimes HAVE TO go to Walmart (and supermarkets) to get food to live. You DO NOT HAVE TO party and drink. Let's take COVID out of the equation for a moment - would these large parties happen without it? I kinda feel like they're having these, and crowds at other places, just to spite COVID.

Comment

• Here’s what performing arts classes will look like in Utah high schools during the COVID-19 pandemic

https://www.sltrib.com/news/educatio...at-performing/

Comment

Working...
                                X