Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    And why is big tech bad? Is it because it's both progressive and liberal?

    Note: except MS Word, there are no tech monopolies.
    What she's saying is right now, tech has much of the money. A lot of them are buying up established media, or setting up or backing online outfits. This consolidation of journalistic resources, if it continues, is bad for journalism.

    Bad journalism is bad for democracy.

    And you people went to college?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

    Comment


    • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      LOL

      I do everything in Google Docs. Word is ****.
      Are you drunk?

      Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Nah, Word is fine. I hate MS but a billion person install base buys you a ton of excellent development.
      This. Pretty much everything in the main deployments of Office are all really well done.

      Excel and Word are clearly best in class. It's really hard to debate this.
      Arguments can be made for Outlook.
      PowerPoint probably has good competition with an Apple product, which might even be ahead of PowerPoint.
      OneNote is brilliant for what it is.
      I'm learning to like SharePoint quite a bit.
      Other applications are hit or miss at best.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

        Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Are you drunk?



        This. Pretty much everything in the main deployments of Office are all really well done.

        Excel and Word are clearly best in class. It's really hard to debate this.
        Arguments can be made for Outlook.
        PowerPoint probably has good competition with an Apple product, which might even be ahead of PowerPoint.
        OneNote is brilliant for what it is.
        I'm learning to like SharePoint quite a bit.
        Other applications are hit or miss at best.
        I understand people still like Word and Excel but it's only a matter of time unless they change to cloud. Maybe Office 365 does the trick. Never used it. As for Outlook, there are no arguments to be made for that pile of ****. It is the worse program ever constructed. I'm in IT. I know what it's like to deal with that piece of crap. Never again.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

        Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

        Comment


        • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

          Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Exactly. Tesla thinks they can compete with all of the OEM's in the world because of their experience without competition.

          Once they started to try, they found out that that auto industry is one of THE most competitive markets- given the number of manufacturers and the choice of cars.

          Make big tech have to deal with the same kind of competition, all using the same kind of constraints (like all cars drive on the same roads, use common fuel, all maintain safety and emissions limits, etc as examples), and we would ALL be a lot better off. The fast pace of progress would speed up along with the quality of work, and the price would drop.

          BTW, 5mn_Major- who is Facebook's competition? On a large scale, not minor one. Who is a scale competitor for Google? And ignoring the name plates- who is the scale competitor for who makes most of the computers in the world?

          There are a TON of monopolies in tech relative to other markets.
          So what percentage of people today get all their news from FBs news feed? And how does that compare to when 100% of the country got its news feed from ABC, NBC and CBS, and that was all.

          Still not sure what makes tech companies the big threat to journalism - when fake news is a 10x bigger problem.
          Go Gophers!

          Comment


          • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

            Thanks a lot, Dump.

            WASHINGTON — The five-week federal government shutdown cost the United States economy $11 billion, with nearly a quarter of that total permanently lost, the Congressional Budget Office said on Monday.
            https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/28/u...PPhq_wbHgX28xc
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

            Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

            Comment


            • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              I understand people still like Word and Excel but it's only a matter of time unless they change to cloud. Maybe Office 365 does the trick. Never used it. As for Outlook, there are no arguments to be made for that pile of ****. It is the worse program ever constructed. I'm in IT. I know what it's like to deal with that piece of crap. Never again.
              Office has been cloud for years. I honestly don't even remember when Microsoft first did cloud files. Looks like 2011. I'm guessing almost every Fortune 100 company that doesn't offer a competing product uses Office 365. My company switched five or six years ago, give or take. Maybe it was even earlier than that.

              How is Outlook a ****ty program?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

              Comment


              • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

                Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Office has been cloud for years. I honestly don't even remember when Microsoft first did cloud files. Looks like 2011. I'm guessing almost every Fortune 100 company that doesn't offer a competing product uses Office 365. My company switched five or six years ago, give or take. Maybe it was even earlier than that.

                How is Outlook a ****ty program?
                Ok, then it's as I feared. Outlook is fine. It just does not work unless you're full Microsoft Suite. So, the monopolies are ruling again. Office 365 is great and a great platform. I just ended up with Google Business. One does not work with the other.

                Which is one of the major problems we have right now in IT. Outlook never worked with our 3rd party Email Server. We switched to Google Business and it is awesome. Since I never worked with Office 365 I wasn't sure how far they had gone. I still have Word and Excel on my machine but as stand alone Windows Apps.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                Comment


                • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

                  Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  You offer the small fry clemency to roll up the crime bosses. RICO 101.
                  Stone isnt some street level hood...he is Sammy "The Bull". Difference is Gotti couldnt get Sammy pardoned.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

                  "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

                  Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                  Comment


                  • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

                    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    But Hillary or any other dem shouldn’t be in jail, right? It’s unbelievable just how hypocritical most people are.
                    I have never said this and honestly meant it...you are too stupid to live. Please stay away from other people you are a danger to them.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

                    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

                    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                    Comment


                    • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

                      Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      Someone's loopy, but it's not who you think...

                      You might need to read that quote a few more times, and then read the meaning you gave it again. Clearly you have some issues with her because no where in what she says does she address a threat to democracy.
                      He was never much for reading comprehension...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

                        Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        can we stop the roger stone flipping conversation? Just prosecute him and send him to jail.

                        This country sends lots brown people to prison on less than what he's being accused of. Just send these people off to jail, already.

                        Same for manafort. Get what info you can, but penalize the guy for what he's done to this country. Which is a heck of a lot worse than what any small time drug dealer has ever done.

                        And the prisons should not be the light ones. But real concrete and steel structures with fences and razor wire.
                        Originally posted by drew s. View Post
                        but hillary
                        lmfao

                        Comment


                        • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

                          Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I really wish I had a better understanding of east coast geographical slights.
                          If you want to go after Cornell people calling it SUNY-Ithaca is always a nice dig

                          (SUNY = State University of New York)

                          Harvard people always have good digs on BU
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

                          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

                          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                          Comment


                          • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

                            Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            What she's saying is right now, tech has much of the money. A lot of them are buying up established media, or setting up or backing online outfits. This consolidation of journalistic resources, if it continues, is bad for journalism.

                            Bad journalism is bad for democracy.

                            And you people went to college?
                            Hey dont lump all of us Minnesotans in with that clown. We dont lump you in with walrus
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

                            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

                            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                            Comment


                            • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

                              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              I understand people still like Word and Excel but it's only a matter of time unless they change to cloud. Maybe Office 365 does the trick. Never used it. As for Outlook, there are no arguments to be made for that pile of ****. It is the worse program ever constructed. I'm in IT. I know what it's like to deal with that piece of crap. Never again.
                              I literally teach this stuff in college. Outlook sucks but Office 365 is not bad. I like Word over Google Docs but never used the Google version of Excel.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

                              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

                              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                              Comment


                              • Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

                                Originally posted by 5mn_major View Post
                                and why is big tech bad? Is it because it's both progressive and liberal?
                                hahahahahahahaah

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X