Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    The Dems might want to start signaling that they're willing to negotiate for wall funding. Make it clear that it's still a waste of money, ineffective, and a monument to racism, but if there's a deal to be had that they consider a net positive for the country, then so be it. If Trump and the GOP want to make a Herschel Walkeresque deal, then fine. I just don't think sticking exactly to "absolutely no wall funding" is going to be a great look at this moment.
    No, can't do that.
    1. The Wall is worthless.
    2. That would set a dangerous precedent for future administrations: want something bad enough? Just shut down the government.

Dems cannot budge on the actual Wall Funding.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      No, can't do that.
      2. That would set a dangerous precedent for future administrations: want something bad enough? Just shut down the government.

Correct.

Comment

Yup
        Points 1 and 2 conflict.
        Negotiations should be ongoing
        But the government ops can’t be the “well then”
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          No, can't do that.

I don't know. He wouldn't have gotten his wall funding by shutting down the government, he's already been forced to reopen while getting nothing. He'll get his wall funding by giving away the farm. To be clear, this is functionally equivalent to "absolutely no wall funding" because the GOP won't let him give away the farm. It's just messaging to avoid any turn in public sentiment.

Comment

Tax hikes to pay for the wall (and some other stuff) would be precious . But a horrible start to the 2020 campaign
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The Dems might want to start signaling that they're willing to negotiate for wall funding. Make it clear that it's still a waste of money, ineffective, and a monument to racism, but if there's a deal to be had that they consider a net positive for the country, then so be it. If Trump and the GOP want to make a Herschel Walkeresque deal, then fine. I just don't think sticking exactly to "absolutely no wall funding" is going to be a great look at this moment.
              You gave all of the reasons why they should not put a penny to the wall, and you think they should cave? That makes no sense at all.

If they do anything, they should put $10B to border security with no wall- as they have done in the past. So then the moron has a choice, $5B for his wall or $10B for security. Security that actually does things instead of blocking people- more judges to process more people (so they are held in jails for far, far less time, eliminating the whole BS of kids taken from their parents); more effective monitoring of the border (remember seeing all of those people climb a wall? We saw it on cameras, and something happened because the cameras, NOT the wall); etc. The wall has been shown to the people that it's pointless and ineffective.

Given that the majority of the US public do NOT want a wall, I think sticking to "absolutely no wall funding" is a total winner.

And if R's and dumpy vote AGAINST $10B for security, then you can hang them for it next November. Given the childishness of R's at the moment, I's wager a lot of them will vote down $10B for security and for $5B for an ineffective wall.

Totally ignoring that the real campaign promise was that Mexico would pay for the wall. Not our taxes- including for import taxes.

Comment

What he'd have to offer to get the wall from Democrats (Medicare for all, voting reform, etc.) would cause his Republicans to abandon him. The only people who want a wall are Trump and his voters, but they think they can bully their way through to it.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Good luck getting even his base, much less everyone else who watched him bend the knee buy that.
                  His base buys whatever **** spews from his mouth

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                    You gave all of the reasons why they should not put a penny to the wall, and you think they should cave? That makes no sense at all.

If they do anything, they should put $10B to border security with no wall- as they have done in the past. So then the moron has a choice, $5B for his wall or $10B for security. Security that actually does things instead of blocking people- more judges to process more people (so they are held in jails for far, far less time, eliminating the whole BS of kids taken from their parents); more effective monitoring of the border (remember seeing all of those people climb a wall? We saw it on cameras, and something happened because the cameras, NOT the wall); etc. The wall has been shown to the people that it's pointless and ineffective.

Given that the majority of the US public do NOT want a wall, I think sticking to "absolutely no wall funding" is a total winner.

And if R's and dumpy vote AGAINST $10B for security, then you can hang them for it next November. Given the childishness of R's at the moment, I's wager a lot of them will vote down $10B for security and for $5B for an ineffective wall.

Totally ignoring that the real campaign promise was that Mexico would pay for the wall. Not our taxes- including for import taxes.
                    All I'm saying is that if their position is "absolutely no wall funding end of story", that's fine. But, there may be a more politically expedient message than saying exactly that.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Yep. Take the money and put it towards centers/etc to process more legal immigrants in a quicker fashion, and more security to keep the illegals out.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Dumpy needs a war.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't know. He wouldn't have gotten his wall funding by shutting down the government, he's already been forced to reopen while getting nothing. He'll get his wall funding by giving away the farm. To be clear, this is functionally equivalent to "absolutely no wall funding" because the GOP won't let him give away the farm. It's just messaging to avoid any turn in public sentiment.
                          I'd build the wall if it meant a 70% tax on the rich, dramatic cuts in military spending, and single payer. Hell, I'd say give him $50 billion for the wall if we can get half that.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I'd build the wall if it meant a 70% tax on the rich, dramatic cuts in military spending, and single payer. Hell, I'd say give him $50 billion for the wall if we can get half that.
                            ^^^^^^^
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

All I'm saying is that if their position is "absolutely no wall funding end of story", that's fine. But, there may be a more politically expedient message than saying exactly that.
                              To who?

I see offering MORE for border security a far better position to take. Backs the wall into the corner that it deserves to be.

If border security is REALLY the goal, it would be impossible to give up more money for security vs. the wall. And if it's just about the wall, you can expose that very clearly to the public that matters. Again, frame the whole thing with this very recent video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpnFyLxr1qQ which is even from Fox News. This shows 1) the wall isn't effective, and that 2) video monitoring is. Done.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                She supports AOC tax plan.
                                Yeah cause she hates rich people not cause she is a liberal. She buys into the infowars crap about global conspiracies.

If you think she in any way agrees with you then you are no better than the poor people who support Trump cause he is one of them.
                                Last edited by Handyman; 01-26-2019, 10:53 AM.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X