Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:47: I Never Said There Was No Collusion!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...-wall-funding/

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) will break with President Trump and vote to reopen the government without funding for a border wall, his spokesman told The Denver Post editorial board.

Gardner is one of three Republicans expected to vote to advance the "clean" funding bill.

Gardner's spokesman told the Denver Post that the senator planned to vote for a "clean funding bill ... with no border-security funding attached."

Sens. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) are also expected to vote for the "clean" funding bill.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Mookie solves all this.... can hide assets offshore
      And Piketty solves that: global wealth tax.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        And Piketty solves that: global wealth tax.
        Pfft. Kep you're losing your fastball. If you want to see plutocrats hauled into court in leg irons, the solution is mandatory minimums for anybody hiding assets for the purposes of avoiding taxes (10 years for beneficiary, 5 years for the accountants)!
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I'm 87% certain this is sarcasm, but you may want to use the /s tag anyway.
          It isnt. Sometimes it seems like he is trolling for the lulz but he is way to consistent in this stuff for it to be a bit. Plus he doesnt have the intelligence needed to pull off the con anyways.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Which is exactly why D's should not negotiate letting dumpy use the shutdown as a tactic. He can *say* he'll never do it again, and then turn around and do it again. .
            Exactly.

Like the toddler who throws a tantrum and the parents give him whatever to shut him up. Now the kid knows if he wants something, all he has to do is whine and cry.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Pfft. Kep you're losing your fastball. If you want to see plutocrats hauled into court in leg irons, the solution is mandatory minimums for anybody hiding assets for the purposes of avoiding taxes (10 years for beneficiary, 5 years for the accountants)!
              Trust me, Rover. Your friends (and possibly you) will be going to federal PITA jail. But I want the moneys too. The Koch brothers dying in prison doesn't do us any good if their grandkids get their loot.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I don't see what Republicans thought the upside to holding these two votes was. They will vote against a clean funding bill to reopen government. Explain that to their constituents.

On the other hand, the Dems will vote against a bill that puts severe limits on legal immigration and DACA. Somehow, I don't think their constituents will hold that against them.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Donnie Chump is a lunatic, but he's a loon with sharp political instincts so its interesting to see how this is playing out. Simply put, there's no reason for him to pump the breaks on any of his lunacy until someone with leverage tells him no. These so-called conservatives in Congress were willing to roll over and fetch for him on command and the courts have been a 50/50 proposition (approved travel ban but slapped him down on DACA) so again no reason to compromise.

Now however he's facing a seasoned political operative in Pelosi who can check his agenda provided she keeps her caucus in line. This is probably the first time he's heard the word no since Stormy Daniels turned him down when he asked for seconds. I can envision him making a deal where they appropriate the 5.7Bn for border security and then he turns around and uses existing funds already appropriated beforehand to fix/build/fill in the gaps of the wall for a hundred miles or so and then he calls it a victory. You can also satisfy Pelosi's demand that the govt opens first by passing that bill on Monday and then the border funding bill the next day.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

This has to be irking McConnell quite a bit. He's been eating Schumer's lunch for 2+years and now he appears to be losing his fastball because Pelosi has set up shop in Trump's head.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      He’s putting the country first.
                      Which one?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                      Twenty red lights in his honor
                      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                        Which one?
                        You don’t post in here often, but when you do, it’s a home run!

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          I don't see what Republicans thought the upside to holding these two votes was. They will vote against a clean funding bill to reopen government. Explain that to their constituents.

On the other hand, the Dems will vote against a bill that puts severe limits on legal immigration and DACA. Somehow, I don't think their constituents will hold that against them.
                          I don't get what Mitch is thinking, either. Maybe he thinks actually seeing the votes will break enough people on the crazy right out of their delusion that they have the stronger hand. I suppose if he was truly Machiavellian he could let the Senate pass both bills, thus allowing the Dump bill to fail in the House, have Dump veto the clean bill, and then take the Walk of Pity to 1600 and tell Dump "all I have to do to effectively end your presidency is override your veto, so, here's how the next 2 years are gonna go..."

That's what a John C. Calhoun or a Henry Clay would do. The Hill is not for the faint of heart.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 01-24-2019, 10:27 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Donnie Chump is a lunatic, but he's a loon with sharp political instincts
                            Drew has some work to do to recapture the dumbest thing said today trophy...

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              This has to be irking McConnell quite a bit. He's been eating Schumer's lunch for 2+years and now he appears to be losing his fastball because Pelosi has set up shop in Trump's head.
                              Itch may be a scumbag but he knows when to keep his head down. I don't like his odds in a faceoff with Pelosi particularly because anybody who peels off (Gardner, Murkowski, Collins) for the sake of re-election makes him look bad while Pelosi's majority isn't based on 3 seats thus giving her more breathing room.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                                Which one?
                                End of thread. You get Dump's ears and Drew's tail.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X