The Generic Racism Thread 1: Lift Every Voice and Sing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I couldn't tell from the video what the backstory is. It looks like another BS parking lot argument or something. Has anyone seen news stories that suggest what occurred?
    I have not (and haven't looked yet either). From what I gathered reading some of the Tweets this morning, the black woman hit (with her hand? with her car?) the white woman's car because the white woman was about to hit the black woman's little girl (niece maybe?).

So yeah, it sounded like just some parking lot bullsh** that escalated to someone brandishing a weapon.

I think I saw the woman was arrested, then released, but her handgun was confiscated (likely to be returned later).
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The story is that the white woman bumped into the black woman's daughter while they were in line or entering/leaving the restaurant. The girl asked for an apology, and the white woman got uppity with her, causing the mother to come over. More words were exchanged and the white woman was called a racist, which she objected to. She and her SO got into the car in a huff to leave. As they were pulling out, the black woman thought they were going to get run over, so she hit the back of their car with her fist. This caused the white woman to jump out and brandish her firearm.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        The story is that the white woman bumped into the black woman's daughter while they were in line or entering/leaving the restaurant. The girl asked for an apology, and the white woman got uppity with her, causing the mother to come over. More words were exchanged and the white woman was called a racist, which she objected to. She and her SO got into the car in a huff to leave. As they were pulling out, the black woman thought they were going to get run over, so she hit the back of their car with her fist. This caused the white woman to jump out and brandish her firearm.
        She didn't just object to being called a racist...she flat out said white people couldn't be racist. Real winner this woman.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

That sounds about right. What is wrong with people?
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Privilege, and the threat of losing it.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

https://***********/notcapnamerica/s...83267225808896
              *******https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/1f6a8.svg********
              Susan in Montclair, NJ spends 30 minutes harassing two black lawyers because she wants to know if they have a permit for their new stone patio. Then lies and says the husband attacked her. But the rest of the white women on the street congregate to drag her unwashed ***.
              The poor white woman in the video got this in response a couple of hours later.

https://***********/notcapnamerica/s...86403004899330
              Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 07-02-2020, 10:33 AM.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Fear. What triggered that fear we will likely never know. Might be because she fears Black People, might be fear of losing her privilege, might be fear because she fears any confrontation, might be fear because she is just ignorant all the way around and the world scares her. Whatever it is though she is not fit to be carrying a fire arm.

Stuff like this happening all over the place. (not necessarily with guns mind you) Videos of White Women being confronted for acting up against Black people and then as soon as they are confronted they fly off the handle to an extreme level. They scream and cry, act like they are being assaulted and full on have panic attacks. (especially when the camera is taping) I dont know if they think people will sympathize with them or if they are coming to grips with reality but it is a very strange phenomenon.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Fear. What triggered that fear we will likely never know. Might be because she fears Black People, might be fear of losing her privilege, might be fear because she fears any confrontation, might be fear because she is just ignorant all the way around and the world scares her. Whatever it is though she is not fit to be carrying a fire arm.

Stuff like this happening all over the place. (not necessarily with guns mind you) Videos of White Women being confronted for acting up against Black people and then as soon as they are confronted they fly off the handle to an extreme level. They scream and cry, act like they are being assaulted and full on have panic attacks. (especially when the camera is taping) I dont know if they think people will sympathize with them or if they are coming to grips with reality but it is a very strange phenomenon.
                  Yeah, I understand that. But just looking at the explanation of the incident posted by Fade, my reaction is w t f?

White woman bumps into black girl at restaurant. Ok, why do that? You can't avoid running into people as you are walking?

Girl demands apology? Have you ever done that? I haven't. Usually I just mutter something like "idiot" under my breath as I keep walking. I can't think of a single incident in my entire life where I've demanded an apology from someone. If I have to demand it, is it really an apology?

So then what, the white woman refuses to apologize. Why? Is it that hard to apologize to someone for bumping into them, even if you don't mean the apology? Jeebus.

Girls mother calls white woman a racist? For bumping into her daughter, or something that was said later? Calling someone a racist in a public location is certainly going to de-escalate things.

Escalates into a confrontation between a human being and a car. That's great. If someone is mad at you and is trying to leave, just get in front of their car? If someone is mad at you and jumps in front of your car, just accelerate anyway?

So, now is the time to pull the gun. And then stand there and scream at someone who has a gun pointed in your face.

I'm not equating the conduct between the two, because there is never a reason to try to run someone over or to point a gun in someone's face. But I haven't read anything that suggests any person involved in this situation wanted to do anything but fight.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Part of it is that we are still in the birthing stage of this stereotype. It's known by many, but the Karen's are not yet self-aware... They haven't been parodied to the point where there is embarrassment to be felt when you realize you are associated to this...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Yeah, I understand that. But just looking at the explanation of the incident posted by Fade, my reaction is w t f?

White woman bumps into black girl at restaurant. Ok, why do that? You can't avoid running into people as you are walking?

Girl demands apology? Have you ever done that? I haven't. Usually I just mutter something like "idiot" under my breath as I keep walking. I can't think of a single incident in my entire life where I've demanded an apology from someone. If I have to demand it, is it really an apology?

So then what, the white woman refuses to apologize. Why? Is it that hard to apologize to someone for bumping into them, even if you don't mean the apology? Jeebus.

Girls mother calls white woman a racist? For bumping into her daughter, or something that was said later? Calling someone a racist in a public location is certainly going to de-escalate things.

Escalates into a confrontation between a human being and a car. That's great. If someone is mad at you and is trying to leave, just get in front of their car? If someone is mad at you and jumps in front of your car, just accelerate anyway?

So, now is the time to pull the gun. And then stand there and scream at someone who has a gun pointed in your face.

I'm not equating the conduct between the two, because there is never a reason to try to run someone over or to point a gun in someone's face. But I haven't read anything that suggests any person involved in this situation wanted to do anything but fight.
                      Yeah the whole situation is stupid. They are all acting like morons. Then the gun comes out and it reaches a whole new level. I dont care how much screaming is going on or whatever that is just wrong on a whole different level. She was ready to kill someone because she couldnt be bothered to not bump into someone while getting a mediocre burrito.

(I know you werent equating)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And I thought moving here might put me into the occasional precarious situation. On the contrary I actually feel safer living here under the rule of Duterte ffs.

Comment

Oh, so reasonable then...[insert eye roll emoji if they worked]
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

This is the same weird brain chemistry that leads people to be preppers or conservatives in general. The same thing that leads them to be terrified of gays getting married or women controlling their own sexuality. This is a biologically-determined cowardice.

Someday there may be a cure. Until then, disarm them and establish reservations for them. Take their kids and retrain them to be fit for civilized society.

Until we can end the right we need to control it.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The county prosecutor has opted to charge the white couple with felony assault. The man was also fired from his job at nearby Oakland University (where I got my M.S.)

Comment

Oh man NFL just trolled the racists pretty hard. They decided to play the "Black National Anthem" (which I didnt know was a thing) before every game in Week 1. The racists are trying to get a boycott going. It isnt going well...
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X