No announcement yet.

The Generic Racism Thread 1: Lift Every Voice and Sing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This post and the replies are depressing af, but also super educational on just how racist highways are...
    https://twitter.com/emayfarris/statu...24126287863813

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      This post and the replies are depressing af, but also super educational on just how racist highways are...
      https://twitter.com/emayfarris/statu...24126287863813
      The physical evidence disappeared during the last rebuild, but Omaha used to have an exit ramp to nowhere where I480, US 75, and US 6 all intersected. US 75 was made a full limited access highway for several miles and effectively split North Omaha, the black part of town, in half. 480 similarly encircled downtown and cut off North Omaha from downtown proper right by Creighton's campus.

US 6 is still a city street until you get past the outer highway loop and the neighborhoods stayed vibrant.

The offramp to nowhere was built when the city was planning an I580 to go west from downtown, parallel to Dodge street (US 6). Shockingly, that highway never happened because it would've gone through several well-to-do areas who pushed back hard.

Comment

• I knew the War on Drugs had its roots in racism. But learning the history of anti-drug policy, it's always had its roots in racism.

Probably explains why white kids who are caught get education, resources, and empathy while those who aren't get prison.
        Last edited by MissThundercat; 04-14-2021, 03:28 AM.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Exterminate All the Brutes is excellent and should be required viewing in every high school history class forever.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So lately I've been thinking about Kepler's prediction that racism will eventually die out - but only as racists literally die and are replaced with slightly less racist people over time. (did I get the gist?)

The reason I've been thinking about this is because I'm seeing it in action. We have an au pair (French for "at peer") for our child care (live-in nanny under the age of 26 from a participating foreign country). In our case, she happens to be from South Africa, but is of straight-up Indian descent. My wife's 90-year-old grandfather is from a rural, working-class, German Catholic family in Wisconsin. When he's talking/asking about her, he can never remember the term "au pair." He stumbles, fumbles, and consistently settles on the term "mammy" instead - he doesn't mean anything by it, just "harmless" reflection of his formative environment. Although several of his 6 children voted for Dump, they would definitely never use that term, but I'm not sure they notice when he does it, either - their generation is just a bit less steeped in racism. In turn, my wife and her generation are all actively horrified when he does it - but none of them/us bother to correct him, either. They've implicitly accepted that he is who he is, and when he passes, he will take that little nugget of racism with him.

Progress is being made.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              We have an au pair (French for "at peer") for our child care (live-in nanny under the age of 26 from a participating foreign country). In our case, she happens to be from South Africa, but is of straight-up Indian descent.
              Let me stop you right there. Your wife let you get an au pair. And... and you didn't get...

I'm just saying, the quality of a Cornell education seems to have slipped.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                So lately I've been thinking about Kepler's prediction that racism will eventually die out - but only as racists literally die and are replaced with slightly less racist people over time. (did I get the gist?)
                Mostly. Racism will die out among the top two thirds of the curve. The bottom third has always been and will always be full of hatred for anyone who isn't exactly like them, be it race, religion, nationality, or whatever. The dregs haven't changed since Mohenjo-daro. Conservatives will always be racist.
                Cornell University

Comment

• Exterminate all the brutes. Just get the right ones this time.

I can't find any video source without the moron commentators, sry. There are about a thousand versions on YouTube but they all have some media jackfart blathering.

There should be a dedicated YouTube channel with nothing but raw footage with absolutely no garbage added. I'd subscribe, hell I'd pay.

Note: per the prior comment, that guy right there will never change. He's a POS from 100 generations of POS and in a hundred generations his descendants will be POS. That's who we recruit to do our authoritarian jobs and they will remain animals until the end of time.

FTL and split.

Last edited by Kepler; 04-15-2021, 12:18 PM.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• In Hudsonville, MI, certain parents are trying to ban talk of Black Lives Matter, saying it pushes "hatred."

https://www.woodtv.com/news/ottawa-c...ci2eXytGVGy4BI
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• The Minnesota Twins masterfully outed a bunch of racists today. Across their social media accounts they posted a picture of Daunte Wright, with the comment "Rest in Peace."

That's actually it. That's the post. The COMMENTS. Everyone's white is showing real hard.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        The Minnesota Twins masterfully outed a bunch of racists today. Across their social media accounts they posted a picture of Daunte Wright, with the comment "Rest in Peace."

That's actually it. That's the post. The COMMENTS. Everyone's white is showing real hard.
                        Hey now he "looked gangsta" in some pictures so he obviously deserved to die. I will just wait here while every White Person with a gun in a picture is summarily rounded up and killed by the police for being "thugs" and "criminals".

(I am having fun responding to these)
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Hey now he "looked gangsta" in some pictures so he obviously deserved to die. I will just wait here while every White Person with a gun in a picture is summarily rounded up and killed by the police for being "thugs" and "criminals".

(I am having fun responding to these)
                          Loving all of the "He'd be alive if he didn't resist."

Unfortunately, we most definitely do NOT know that.

Also enjoying the "Way to push a narrative" or the usual "Stick to sports" stuff.

There's no narrative! They merely wished someone peace after dying!
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Loving all of the "He'd be alive if he didn't resist."

Unfortunately, we most definitely do NOT know that.

Also enjoying the "Way to push a narrative" or the usual "Stick to sports" stuff.

There's no narrative! They merely wished someone peace after dying!
                            They try to hide their racism...just not well ;^)
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• 3 men have been indicted on hate crime charges in Ahmaud Arbery's death.

https://apnews.com/article/ahmaud-ar...source=twitter

Comment

• He Seems Nice
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X