Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Generic Racism Thread 1: Lift Every Voice and Sing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nor are some of the responses from her fans...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Nor are some of the responses from her fans...
      She’ll just tell em to shut up.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

      Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

      Comment


      • Yeah...cause Dolly rules :-)
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Yeah...cause Dolly rules :-)
          The more I read about her, the more I’m upset there aren’t statues of her instead of f-ing traitors.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            The more I read about her, the more I’m upset there aren’t statues of her instead of f-ing traitors.
            They'd tip over.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • So the latest thing making its rounds here is how the national media is ignoring the impact of Monday's storm. Which, yeah, it kinda is compared to say the coverage of the latest hurricane. I get why people are annoyed.

              But the veiled (and not so veiled) racism and generally naivete underneath the whining is abhorrent. Yeah, about a quarter of the state is still without power and may not get it back till next week. But no, we aren't being ignored because we've somehow picked ourselves up while the residents of New Orleans or Puerto Rico didn't. Most of us did just sit around waiting for the power and internet to come back on after doing the initial cleanup. There were only 3 deaths, thankfully. The storm also didn't result in long lasting flooding or other ongoing issues that can't be fixed by insurance payments and power restoration.
              Last edited by unofan; 08-15-2020, 09:12 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by unofan View Post
                So the latest thing making its rounds here is how the national media is ignoring the impact of Monday's storm. Which, yeah, it kinda is compared to say the coverage of the latest hurricane. I get why people are annoyed.

                But the veiled (and not so veiled) racism and generally naivete underneath the whining is abhorrent. Yeah, about a quarter of the state is still without power and may not get it back till next week. But no, we aren't being ignored because we've somehow picked ourselves up while the residents of New Orleans or Puerto Rico didn't. Most of us did just sit around waiting for the power and internet to come back on after doing the initial cleanup. There were only 3 deaths, thankfully. The storm also didn't result in long lasting flooding or other ongoing issues that can't be fixed by insurance payments and power restoration.

                I’m glad you’re ok. And I think you’re dead on. Great insight on the soft racism of this. I’m not sure I would have thought about it like that, but you’re right.

                It’s what happens when all you consume is Fox News who has convinced whites they are the only ones who work. That moral superiority is a different kind of racism than we read about. We’re figuratively lynching people in the future because we will continue to see more and more Puerto Ricos and Katrinas. We’ll refuse to help fellow citizens, condemning them.

                My favorite was the WaPo whinefest with this tweet included:
                ”This is from around in Greene County, Iowa just NW of Perry Jim Smith the corn was suffering from the drought. Then we got a little rain last week. And now this. All eight of my corn fields look this flat and quite a bit of it snapped not just leaning. 1/2”

                You know, some might connect those things in some sort of theory about a climate undergoing some sort of change. Yet, they still give us garbage like Joni Ernst.

                What Iowa and the rest of the Midwest went through was a disaster. It’s going to **** with the food supply for months, a whole year. We’ll hear about it. We’ll continue to hear about it more.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                Comment


                • Confederate Rally in Stone Mountain Georgia. Bunch of Larpers in camo with assault rifles there to "protect the rally" because counter protesters from BLM are there protesting the rally. (armed with very very dangerous signs and chants!!)

                  Remember though the young people with spray paint and water bottles are the danger!! The GI Joe wannabes with the body armor and the high powered guns are the true patriots!

                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

                  "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

                  Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                  Comment


                  • Question....

                    do we have budget cuts and impacts to systemic racism to thanks for rap?

                    back when music was taught and instruments available for black musicians to create rock and blues

                    however recent generations didn’t have access to this. So they created rap instead.

                    very few of the biggest stars can play instruments and use their skills to sample and mix incredible art.

                    now there are true musicians like flav who can play multiple instruments

                    but while mookie can imagine snoop learning guitar and becoming another chuck berry, can one assume this situation caused him to find his voice in this alternate path...
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Confederate Rally in Stone Mountain Georgia. Bunch of Larpers in camo with assault rifles there to "protect the rally" because counter protesters from BLM are there protesting the rally. (armed with very very dangerous signs and chants!!)

                      Remember though the young people with spray paint and water bottles are the danger!! The GI Joe wannabes with the body armor and the high powered guns are the true patriots!
                      Apparently Stone Mountain shut the gates in the 3%er dopes' faces. M O R O N L A M E.

                      Just sandblast the dumb thing. It won't draw Nazis anymore.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                        They'd tip over.
                        “Took a lot of money to make that statue look that cheap.”
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

                        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                        Comment


                        • https://twitter.com/hellokatepayne/s...326579715?s=21

                          For when Iowa gets back from crying about how no one is paying attention to how they picked up their community.

                          Someone might want to tell them their subtle racism is not-so-subtle anymore.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                          Comment


                          • So apparently in the hopes of scaring the base a few Right Wing sites started talking about "Antifa Goes to Sturgis" trying to make it seem like riots and violence are gonna happen. (there is a video of the "incident" where like 6 people showed up to counter protest...maybe) Most likely is it is completely staged and on Twitter the hashtag is all liberals mocking the obvious BS of it all. A few cons are around though pretending this is legit.

                            I would post the link but I dont want to give the powerlineblog, which is who leaked the video of the "incident", the clicks.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

                            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

                            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                            Comment


                            • A good friend of mine who has become an off the hook racist Dumpy sent me this. It's a REALLY bad attack by a mixed race group of Portland kids on a couple people. The Comments are horrific for other reasons.

                              I'd like to know if anybody's seen it or knows anything about it.

                              News story.

                              Last edited by Kepler; 08-25-2020, 01:54 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Some background: my friend went ballistic a few months ago after I sent him some stuff documenting attacks by white supremacists on the protesters, and also documenting how at least some of the violence was committed by right wing groups pretending to be protesters as agents provocateur. He basically went nuts about it and ended our 35-year friendship, then apologized a few days later. I agreed not to poke him on politics and scrupulously stuck to that. Now he sends me this.

                                This is how I responded to him:

                                On this video: all the people attacking innocents should go to prison.

                                As evidence of the generalized racist and violent delusions the right has about society: it means nothing. This is a bunch of thug as-sholes committing a hate crime – send them to prison. On the other hand, the people in the Comments glorying in it as justification for their racist worldview are more dangerous, because they are more numerous and have access to more powerful weapons as well as media outlets and a political party that (currently) controls most of our government. So I am more scared of them. The kids in the video are a gang of lethal thugs who could kill dozens. The people circle jerking in the comments are Hutus who could kill millions.

                                This sh-t could destroy our friendship. I made a mistake a few months ago, now you have made one. No more of this. Let us regard one another as idiots, but friends.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 08-25-2020, 01:52 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X