Can we go back to the prior format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    I've ditched FB and I can't stand Reddit. Feel free to add me on Instagram though - name is "pete_plays_bass".
    are you the dude with the pierced schlong? I remember a metal head that used to post on here under a different name (Haunted maybe?) that bragged how the ladies loved his Prince Albert. If so, how's it holding up 20 years later? Still a hit with the ladies?

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

are you the dude with the pierced schlong? I remember a metal head that used to post on here under a different name (Haunted maybe?) that bragged how the ladies loved his Prince Albert. If so, how's it holding up 20 years later? Still a hit with the ladies?
      That's some memory there. Yep, I still have it. Going on 14 years now or so. Singular on the number of people who enjoy it (I've been with the ol lady 11+ years now). It comes up in conversation rather significantly less often these days.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Never put faces on people who only exist to you on message boards or the radio... How many of them look even REMOTELY like what you think?!?

As for migration to another location for our band of merry idiots, I'd be all in and wouldn't oppose a modest financial contribution to it if that was necessary to secure something we could use easily and appreciate.

Other than this and one other team-centric message board I avoid all "social media."

Other than clicking on some of the twitter links I see on this forum I don't do any of it. Never posted a single, d am n thing on facebook and stopped using twitter years ago after a few months of trying it out. Same for all the rest of it. If this place were to go away and have nothing take its place for us, I'd miss greatly the interaction with almost all of you. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
        Some of them look more like I thought than others.
        I have never had twitter- too much overload
        For the longest time this was my only 'social media'. I learned a lot of things and people have given some great advice. I used to frequent the political threads but not now. I miss being able to have actual back and forth when I wanted to understand the reasoning behind why the person didn't agree with me, or if I hadn't formed an opinion yet. Now the people posting are brain dead buffoons. I put most of them on ignore- there is no point in wasting brain space trying to understand completely illogical group think. I still love the fact there is such a cross section of people on here.
        Rarely go to the team thread. I have to be careful not to say stuff and it is irritating when people say they know stuff and I know they are blowing smoke but can't say anything.
        I started on FB to post the pics I took of kids at XC and track meets. I am a bit more active on there now- mostly share links about medical stuff. Working very hard on trying to stay away from politics altho I find it difficult to swallow some of what is posted. My BFF is in St Croix so we Video chat on there.
        Use instagram for pics and to keep in touch with a few people I know who use it as message app.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

Originally posted by Swansong View Post

That's some memory there. Yep, I still have it. Going on 14 years now or so. Singular on the number of people who enjoy it (I've been with the ol lady 11+ years now). It comes up in conversation rather significantly less often these days.
          I was in a phone call and had to desperately find the mute button before I lost it.

So unexpected.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Glad I could brighten up your day?

Also. The braggadocio? Pure theater. I mean, duh. But just felt like pointing that out.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Haha. It just wasn’t what I expected to read at that exact moment.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Well what made this place what it was was a bunch of us hanging out. I mean the Frozen Four get togethers were awesome. (Saint Paul in '02 was fun as hell as was Buffalo '03) I had season tickets with people from this site, knew dozens in real life before and after this site and still am friends with some people because of it. (same with GPL) This was social media for me for a long time.

The hockey side was great until people started taking things too seriously then it got boring. The Cafe started out weird, became a social gathering and now is political. Weird evolution but kind of paralleled where I am in life.
                I’d say 80% of my friends were directly met online on USCHO or GPL, or through connections made through those friendships. Otherwise it’s a few college friends, a few longer term friends, and my wife’s friends.
                Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I was in a phone call and had to desperately find the mute button before I lost it.

So unexpected.
                  How did you figure out to multi-quote??!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I’d say 80% of my friends were directly met online on USCHO or GPL, or through connections made through those friendships. Otherwise it’s a few college friends, a few longer term friends, and my wife’s friends.
                    Most of my friends I hang out with now, I met on here, GPL, and FB (beer groups)*. My longer-term friends that I met in high school or before keep in touch via FB; to be honest, most friends outside my early year friends, I've now known for at least a decade.

Twitter is a playground to me. I really don't care about it. I just post from time to time. Mostly follow breweries (for updates and news) and people I already know.

There is no snapgram, instaface, TikTok, or whatever.

*My beer geek friends are prob my newest friends, and that's about 4 years. Maybe 5.

Edit: one of the beer geek friends was actually Blizzard at MTU, and I had no idea. Flag Guy (ex-GPLer) also knows him, which makes it a really odd coincidence.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      How did you figure out to multi-quote??!!
                      Click quote
                      cut the text (possibly optional)
                      unclick the quote button
                      click the new quote button
                      paste

: )
                      Code:

Comment

• Has anyone else noticed that the ads seem somewhat more relevant than they were originally? For example, I just got an ad for music which I listened to heard on YouTube. This doesn't, however, explain, all of the Trump ads.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Has anyone else noticed that the ads seem somewhat more relevant than they were originally? For example, I just got an ad for music which I listened to heard on YouTube. This doesn't, however, explain, all of the Trump ads.
                          I keep seeing ads for LendingTree to refinance...apparently, they have yet to figure out I'm being furloughed, and don't own a house.
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

I keep seeing ads for LendingTree to refinance...apparently, they have yet to figure out I'm being furloughed, and don't own a house.
                            I did not say they were great, just somewhat better. :-D

Sorry to hear that you are being furloughed.

I also get the refinance offers which are also irrelevant to me, but at least I don't seem to be getting ads for women's clothing any more. On this page, I got the same ad for wedding ring rings twice. Perhaps they know something I do not know. :-D
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

ATCers are being furloughed?
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

ATCers are being furloughed?
                                Dispatch.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X