No announcement yet.

Can we go back to the prior format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea how to ignore a poster? It seems to have disappeared.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
      Go into User Settings then Account then scroll to the bottom.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
        Not only is it possible (see Handy's instructions), it's superior now because you don't even see the blank placeholder. They cease to exist.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah it is way better.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Yeah it is way better.
            Thank you.
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

So it's been wonky. As in enter a thread knowing how many threads have unread posts, only to then exit that thread and suddenly there are more "unread" posts even though there weren't actually any new posts. And for me anyway, the "POTUS" thread shows my avatar for the last post but lists, "Fade" as the poster. When I did go into the thread indeed the last post was mine.

Weird.

Comment

Good god the board is actually getting worse. Now anytime someone I block posts in a thread it completely borks everything so I cant even see if new posts show up. Plus the board runs slower than an AOL chat in 1998. What an epic failure...
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Good god the board is actually getting worse. Now anytime someone I block posts in a thread it completely borks everything so I cant even see if new posts show up. Plus the board runs slower than an AOL chat in 1998. What an epic failure...
                  It has clearly had an effect on posting too, at least from my observations. It used to be on some of the threads (president thread, or any thread on the hot topic of the day) if I wasn't on the board for a couple days, when I returned I would have to go back 2, 3 or sometimes more pages to catch up where I left off. And that was with 50 posts per page on my settings. Now, some of the threads that appeared to average 30 or 40 posts a day seem to get 10. If that. I know little to nothing about the technical and software issues at play, but the forum is clearly much worse now than before. I find it hard to believe the people running the site cannot find a way to return some of the functionality and look it had prior to their "upgrade." The only other board I post on has periodically undergone some changes, but other than in appearance it functions today almost exactly as it did 10 years ago. I find it hard to believe this place can't so something similar.

Comment

There have probably been 50 posts since a poster I have blocked posted in the Covid thread. Yet on the front page it still shows that poster as having the most recent post and that there are no new posts since my last visit to it. Will someone please figure out a way to fix the glitches? I have excepted that the new look and format are here to stay no matter how much they blow. Just fix the bugs, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

It has clearly had an effect on posting too, at least from my observations. It used to be on some of the threads (president thread, or any thread on the hot topic of the day) if I wasn't on the board for a couple days, when I returned I would have to go back 2, 3 or sometimes more pages to catch up where I left off. And that was with 50 posts per page on my settings. Now, some of the threads that appeared to average 30 or 40 posts a day seem to get 10. If that. I know little to nothing about the technical and software issues at play, but the forum is clearly much worse now than before. I find it hard to believe the people running the site cannot find a way to return some of the functionality and look it had prior to their "upgrade." The only other board I post on has periodically undergone some changes, but other than in appearance it functions today almost exactly as it did 10 years ago. I find it hard to believe this place can't so something similar.
                      Is there some sort of webmaster or have they all just left the building and are letting this die a slow death? (kind of asking this seriously). It is almost like they don't want to say the site must die but are doing everything they can to have an excuse to say it is dead or work at killing it. (Kind of like the people who take over a business, whittle it down to nothing and then claim it isn't sustainable)

This is actively damaging the traffic on the site. There are obscene amounts of ads now that are intrusive and block content. You would think the advertisers would want traffic. Sometimes I can't access the threads I am subscribed to. Reading this I wonder if the last person to post is someone I blocked. I keep getting a message that says I need to contact the administrator to see the thread. (Dead thread)

Comment

Priceless hasnt been around in weeks under any of his names. They have all washed their hands of this. The site is bordering on unusable.

Even if anyone is paying attention, they probably have fooled themselves into believing the loss of traffic is due to lack of sports...not the full on **** show that was their switching to a 2005 version of vbulletin.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Priceless hasnt been around in weeks under any of his names. They have all washed their hands of this. The site is bordering on unusable.

Even if anyone is paying attention, they probably have fooled themselves into believing the loss of traffic is due to lack of sports...not the full on **** show that was their switching to a 2005 version of vbulletin.
                          Before USCHO there was hockey-l...

Perhaps a few intrepid and tech savvy bees could begin to scout out the next hive? I have contacted Adam and CHN.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 07-12-2020, 10:41 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Rare appearance outside of The Lodge/Extras thread.

USCHO doesn't care anymore. First it was the trolling rules, now it's the format. Fcuk it.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              USCHO doesn't care anymore. First it was the trolling rules, now it's the format. Fcuk it.
                              Yep, it's pretty obvious. So little hockey talk occurs here anymore, they're content to let it wither away so they can eventually stop paying for it.

Comment

Holy god
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X