No announcement yet.

Can we go back to the prior format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When posting a link, how do you change the text that shows up as the link? I want my clickable text in the posts to say "Click Here" for example instead of the actual link like this: http://www.blah.com/lsdhfjhsdflkjsdf...sdlfkjhasldkjf)
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      When posting a link, how do you change the text that shows up as the link? I want my clickable text in the posts to say "Click Here" for example instead of the actual link like this: http://www.blah.com/lsdhfjhsdflkjsdf...sdlfkjhasldkjf)
      If you type, "Click Here" for example highlight that text, then select the chain-link icon which will allow you paste in the URL of what you're linking to, and when you ok that it will also highlight the selected text in red.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

If you type, "Click Here" for example highlight that text, then select the chain-link icon which will allow you paste in the URL of what you're linking to, and when you ok that it will also highlight the selected text in red.
        Gotcha! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          At first the 10 thread per page limit didn't bug me but every time I have to move multiple pages to find a thread which I posted to earlier on the same day my urge to kill rises. It's now at a 3.

I'm afraid by Valentine's Day you'll have seen me on the news.
          I blame Association threads. Used to be harmless fun; now take up 50% of first page more often than not. Time for them to go.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

The board seems to hate me today....

I did something in the Convfefe thread and now its acting wonky... On the Cafe page the thread shows the last activity as Drew S. at 10am today. Since that point, the thread has always had the non-bold font, indicating it's been read, despite many new posts coming after that point. I have also lost the "latest post" circle to the left of the thread title. The thread will also move to the appropriate chronological order with other threads on the first page.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

I blame Association threads. Used to be harmless fun; now take up 50% of first page more often than not. Time for them to go.
              I'm sure many say the same about political threads. :-)
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The board is definitely wonky as hell. Running slower than 56k dialup and not registering posts in threads.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

I, for one, have always gone to USCHO to discuss college hockey. When I discuss anything else here, I like it to be harmless and non-controversial which I regard Association threads. Yes, their existence itself has always been controversial, but this is the Cafe. Hopefully Board will eventually go back to 20 threads per page, but I suspect that 10 was to give us proper social distancing. ;-)

I'm sure many say the same about political threads. :-)
                  Very true. :-D If I had an interest in discussing politics, it wouldn't be here. My political comment of the month: We must stop electing tall people. In the main, they have ego problems, thinking that they are God's gift to humanity. (Jericho is an exception. :-) )

There are aspects of politics which do affect college hockey. E.g., state funding of sports at state schools.

On topic comment: Bring back multi-quoting without having to cut and paste which I just did.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    The board is definitely wonky as hell. Running slower than 56k dialup and not registering posts in threads.
                    That seems to be happening periodically and then disappears.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think we have had enough time to get used to the new set up...and it still sucks. In fact it is getting worse. It is easy to accept a few of the changes and some of them are even helpful but jesus christ this site ran better back when I first joined in 1999. I mean seriously are they running this thing on Windows Vista or something?
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm adapting. I'm down to some aesthetics: I wish there were a lot more threads on the menu and in general I wish you could make it even more spare. 98% of "enhanced features" are just faddish candy. I would like each of these apps to have an Adult Version with simple list views, no branding, limited or no art.

Basically, this:

Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm adapting. I'm down to some aesthetics: I wish there were a lot more threads on the menu and in general I wish you could make it even more spare. 98% of "enhanced features" are just faddish candy. I would like each of these apps to have an Adult Version with simple list views, no branding, limited or no art.

Basically, this:

Live shot of Kepler every time he logs on:

;-)
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            I think we have had enough time to get used to the new set up...and it still sucks. In fact it is getting worse. It is easy to accept a few of the changes and some of them are even helpful but jesus christ this site ran better back when I first joined in 1999. I mean seriously are they running this thing on Windows Vista or something?
                            And yet not a single status update from Board...it's almost like they just want us to leave so they can shut this part of the site down and save the money. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

And yet not a single status update from Board...it's almost like they just want us to leave so they can shut this part of the site down and save the money. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                              Yeah none of his 3 names seem to post much anymore...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The worst part is that going to the most recent post still doesn't work. I can tolerate everything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X