New format fixes and workarounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    One thing I do like is it is easier to post links now. No more need for the [url] tag then changing the color.
    I like to tailor the link color.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So.... some constructive criticism. Any chance we can get rid of the "Share" and "Tweet" buttons from the left side of each post (when viewed on PC)?

*edit* And more than 10 topics on a page.
      Last edited by aparch; 06-10-2020, 09:14 PM.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Still gives mana white screen in Safari.

Comment

Wow. This is hot garbage.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...-theme-support

Admin/Mods- Please find where you can personally choose a dark theme option to this thing so I'm not being snowblinded constantly with how bright it is.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

This is horrible! I don't have time to read back six pages but I will guess not many people are liking it. How the fvck do you find anything? I used to have stuff in a tab. Now it is a hot mess. I was down to looking at a few threads. This might cure me >

Comment

I feel like we go through this every time they change formats. They obviously did no user testing with this go round. Would have been nice if they reached out to get users to test it and to let them know things that are missing, etc. Like, on the Forum page, you can't see how many pages a thread is. And no ability to rep a post, and the million other things people have listed here.

Comment

ticapnews will be here shortly to remind everyone that USCHO barely keeps the lights on with ads, and you're welcome to donate to his retirement fund if you want a better UI experience. :-p ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    ticapnews will be here shortly to remind everyone that USCHO barely keeps the lights on with ads, and you're welcome to donate to his retirement fund if you want a better UI experience. :-p ;-)
                    I'd be more than happy to throw a few bucks a year at them again (ala Extra) if that would get rid of the ads again.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well if they think people are going to shell out money to fix this they are out to lunch. And the ads wont help because traffic will crap the bed if they dont fix some of the issues.

I mean waiting to allow embedding of tweets I get...but no ****ing emoticons? What is this 1997?
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I will stay because it's the people, not the site. I don't care about emoticons (dumb anyway) or embedded tweets (link them, it's cleaner and less invasive). I wish there was a night mode. I wish there was more visibility into UI options. It's still the best social media group I've been in and I hope people won't overreact.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Meh. I will stick it out for a bit to see if things improve but I am not sure how long that will be. I can get by without some of the things but if the user experience isnt as fun it just isnt the same. And if this place becomes a ghost town (which so far it is though it is early) then there is really no reason to stick. I waste too much time here as it is and they are making it much easier to jump off and say cya.

It would help if Priceless or anyone else with knowledge posted and let us know what is going on. The lack of communication from the people in charge here has always been a pain in the ***. Never been on a board like that before.

I will give it a month...maybe two but that will be it. Since I dont even venture to the hockey side there is no tie to the site if the Cafe isnt as fun.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah If it stays dead there’s no fun here.

Comment

I found another positive...now unless someone quotes the ignored I have zero idea if they posted or not. No more "The post is blocked" or whatever it is literally not there. Unless I am doing that mentally. Either way not even knowing that Jeb and the others said anything is a big positive to this new board.

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I found another positive...now unless someone quotes the ignored I have zero idea if they posted or not. No more "The post is blocked" or whatever it is literally not there. Unless I am doing that mentally. Either way not even knowing that Jeb and the others said anything is a big positive to this new board.
                                DON’T POKE THE BEAR!

I have not blocked him, and I have not seen his posts the last couple of days.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X