This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 116th Congress: Episode 1 - Trial by Fire

So you think it is good politics to **** off your base and insult your allies? Genius...that is Trump level stupidity. Didnt take much Polisci at Ithaca State?

This isnt about upsetting the Great Unwashed (that doesnt make you sound like an Out Of Touch Arrogant Tool at all by the way) and it isnt about political correctness. It certainly isnt about not being able to criticize our own even though you seem to think it is. It is about the ability of people to speak in a way that keeps them in power. Maybe this crap would work in California or NY but as someone who actually lives in her District I can tell you this is not playing great. She isnt some 5 term Rep or sitting Senator who is unstoppable she is relatively new and cant afford a challenge.

And you see that is ultimately what is going to be her downfall. (if she isnt long for office) AOC reports to NY and they love that type of behavior. Omar reports to Minnesota and we dont. I know we dont much matter to the likes of you but we better to her because we control whether she is in office or not and there are plenty of Progressives that live in this (ridiculously mapped) district who could challenge and beat her. As I keep telling you she is not AOC because AOC understands her audience AND how to play the game. Omar doesnt. (though her comments do play well in the part of the district she is from for various reasons)

And again, since apparently you need this spelled out for you, this has ZERO to do with diversity of opinion. I LOVE diversity of opinion and agree with her opinion on all 3 of her stupid comments. Your little straw man trying to make it sound like the "Centrist Pure" are trying to force out the "Lone Voice of Reason in the Wilderness" is pathetic in its nature and completely false on its face. I want youth in the party, I want them to voice power to truth and I want them fighting with the establishment to get done what needs to be done. (and I am hardly a Centrist anyways...I was a Bernie fan before it was cool) But there is a right way and a wrong way to do it and whether you like it or not her way isnt going to get done what you think it will. AOC is literally giving her a roadmap to say what you need to say and get done what you need to get done. That is why one day AOC will be Speaker and Omar will never have any sort of real power. All she is turning into is the Dem version of the Republican blowhards we mock on a daily basis and as her constituent that isnt what I put her in office for. I am not asking her to censor herself, I am not even telling her not to have a controversial opinion because she is a controversial figure. I am asking her to choose her words better. Why that seems to offend you and the Bernie Bros so much I will never know.

And the thing is she is already a threat to the cons and the centrists, she does her job just by being there. Their coalition (the young woman Reps) is what is going to change the Party into what it needs to be. All she needs to do is keep her flipping job. I want her there and I want her to keep her job and I want her to sit with the caucus and say what is what. If there is a camera or phone within 10 feet though...maybe just find a better way to say things. You dont need to call Obama a murderer to get your point across...your audience already wasnt that big of a fan of the Drone Strikes anyways. All you are doing is bolstering the other side and their "Whatabouttism".
    Last edited by Handyman; 03-11-2019, 12:36 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Except she didnt give him an A- she called him a murderer. Not exactly the same thing...

And no that is neither smart nor the right thing to do. I know you think it is some bold strategy that is throwing a monkey wrench into the system but in reality it plays awfully and does nothing but divide up a party that cant afford such division. AOC >>>>>>>>>>>> Omar.
      100% and Kep's straw man argument response missed the point as usual.

Presidents make tough decisions. Few people are naïve enough to think that innocent people don't get killed in military actions, even in completely just wars like World War 2. The arrogance of Omar calling out Obama as being polished so he's not called to account for the life or death decisions he had to make, and that Omar herself does not have to make, is astounding. I thought the pearl clutching over her AIPAC comments were over the top, but if she's going to make ridiculous comparisons between bumbling idiots & loons like Bush II and Chump and a Prez like Obama the Dems are better off without her even if she does cause a tingle in Kep's loins.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I dont remember the Dems giving Obama a pass on the deaths on his watch. The media certainly didnt and no one around here (or I know) did either. Pretty much everyone condemned it except to say at least we didnt have boots on the ground.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Except she didnt give him an A- she called him a murderer. Not exactly the same thing...

And no that is neither smart nor the right thing to do. I know you think it is some bold strategy that is throwing a monkey wrench into the system but in reality it plays awfully and does nothing but divide up a party that cant afford such division. AOC >>>>>>>>>>>> Omar.
          Some on the far-left are already predicting AOC will do a heel turn to the center because she carefully refused to support Omar's recent spate of questionable comments.

There are a handful of these tankie-types out there who are truly nutso.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Some on the far-left are already predicting AOC will do a heel turn to the center because she carefully refused to support Omar's recent spate of questionable comments.

There are a handful of these tankie-types out there who are truly nutso.
            trix probably agrees
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://twitter.com/BradfordPearson/...64669353971712

>run candle-blowout.sh

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  If you look hard enough you can almost see the Wolfram Alpha API call eminating from his head when his program realizes that there's an unresolved social ritual that needs to be executed.

Edit: do his log files fall under FOIA?

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                    If you look hard enough you can almost see the Wolfram Alpha API call eminating from his head when his program realizes that there's an unresolved social ritual that needs to be executed.
                    Oh god, I think I hurt myself.

Mitt's core dumps are just registers of solid 1's so they all resolve to #ffffff.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Code:
                      public class Cake{

// method defined
                          private static void extinguish(){
                          }
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yes, but what she fails to realize is the GOP can lie about whatever they want, whenever they want and it doesn't matter.

Everything I read about the budget makes my blood boil.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Yes, but what she fails to realize is the GOP can lie about whatever they want, whenever they want and it doesn't matter.
                          They learned they can uncouple themselves from reality and as long as they put it on their TV station it doesn't matter. They're post-factual.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Everything I read about the budget makes my blood boil.
                            That's why you love it!
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              He's the right's John Kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                He's the right's John Kerry.
                                Except Kerry followed up his run with a continued respectable career. Romney followed up his by bending over and spreading his cheeks.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X