This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Keep The Calendar At Zero

Fine, don't believe me. Even if I presented a full demonstration of facts and data, and polls of people, I doubt you'd believe me anyway.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      And the other side hasn’t changed? The NRA deserves some blame, but Bloomberg and the other anti-gunners are just as much if not more radical. Myself and other gun owners would like to see some things changed, the problem is that once that happens Bloomberg and co will be pushing for more extreme measures until guns are effectively banned. Like a lot of other issues there are too many extremists and the country suffers.
      There are always extremists on both sides. That is irrelevant. You not doing anything because you're afraid of extremists means that you don't really want to do anything. Keep thinking that your gun is going to save you when an AR-15 is spraying bullets at you.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Fine, don't believe me. Even if I presented a full demonstration of facts and data, and polls of people, I doubt you'd believe me anyway.
        You have no data. The NRA will not allow the country to study the topic so that data can be made available.. Your anecdotal information is pointless, worthless, and frankly insulting.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          There are always extremists on both sides. That is irrelevant. You not doing anything because you're afraid of extremists means that you don't really want to do anything. Keep thinking that your gun is going to save you when an AR-15 is spraying bullets at you.
          ^^^^^

The SENSIBLE people want to do SOMETHING. You are correct in the extremists statement. Each side has to give a little to make things better.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

You have no data. The NRA will not allow the country to study the topic so that data can be made available.. Your anecdotal information is pointless, worthless, and frankly insulting.
            The simple dismissal of anything that you don't agree with is also insulting.

Comment

The simple dismissal of anything that you don't agree with is also insulting.
              Show me the study.

Comment

Show me the study.
                You missed the part when I said it was my opinion only. And also you missed "even IF" part, which implies there is no official study. Try reading the full post for once. Finally, how about you start up a new gun organization? If you want one that bad, then start a grassroots campaign.

Comment

I could show facts and figures but you wouldn’t believe them!

(*doesnt show facts or figures)

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    I could show facts and figures but you wouldn’t believe them!

(*doesnt show facts or figures)
                    You didn't understand the context, either, apparently. It's called a hypothetical situation.

Comment

You can own your hunting rifle. Just no semi-autos will be for sale anymore. We're going to purge them from the system. For handguns a revolver will be ok.
                      This might be a rather limited situation by most accounts, but my problem with the a rule regarding no semi-auto pistols is a guy I know who was hunting in northern MN. He has a few stories regarding how he shot a deer and now wolves are keying in on his and others' locations. He had to shoot one that was trying to jump up to him while he was in his tree stand, using his sidearm. It took three shots at close range because he was scared.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

You didn't understand the context, either, apparently. It's called a hypothetical situation.
                        Yeah and you could hypothetically provide figures to support your argument but you never do for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          This might be a rather limited situation by most accounts, but my problem with the a rule regarding no semi-auto pistols is a guy I know who was hunting in northern MN. He has a few stories regarding how he shot a deer and now wolves are keying in on his and others' locations. He had to shoot one that was trying to jump up to him while he was in his tree stand, using his sidearm. It took three shots at close range because he was scared.
                          Someone who is more familiar with modifications can help me out here (bump stocks I know about, and they should be banned), how about no performance mods whatsoever? You can only use the gun as it is bought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Someone who is more familiar with modifications can help me out here (bump stocks I know about, and they should be banned), how about no performance mods whatsoever? You can only use the gun as it is bought.
                            I’d be okay with this.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Yeah and you could hypothetically provide figures to support your argument but you never do for some reason.
                              1. In one post, I made it a point to say it was my opinion.
                              2. In the other post, the point was I could have a team of scientists/professionals/whoever, and Scooby would take an opposing stance/dismiss what I said, because it's not what he thinks.

Comment

1. In one post, I made it a point to say it was my opinion.
                                2. In the other post, the point was I could have a team of scientists/professionals/whoever, and Scooby would take an opposing stance/dismiss what I said, because it's not what he thinks.
                                Number 2 is just flat out false. I believe in science. You have no science to back up what you claim.

Comment

Working...
                                X