This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 13: Confirmation consternation contemplation

I can understand trix' frustration with Manchin as Kavanaugh merely on temperament and whack-job conspiracy theories is unfit for the bench, be it the SCOTUS or the one he sits on now. Having said that I can grudgingly live with it or put another way its not at the top of my radar. With 50 votes assured he's not the deciding factor, and I saw it written last week by a GOP operative that if he votes Yes on Kavanaugh they're taking the race off the board and concentrating elsewhere because the GOP opponent is too far down in the polls. As I often say, the worst Democrat (say Manchin) is better than the best Republican (the formerly "moderate" Collins). One voted for tax theft. The other voted against it. Some people on the left are going to be tempted to prop up Murkowski now as the token "Republican We Admire" now that McCain has passed and Collins' true nature is finally revealed. However, I wouldn't trust her either while admiring her vote against Kavanaugh.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post

6-3 soon enough
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
        And Manchin will vote to give the Republicans cover. **** you Joe.
        If his vote doesn't matter, I don't give a Fark. Let him get political cover at home.

Comment

Of course the protesters were all paid.

Soros is a god****ed gazillionaire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
            I can understand trix' frustration with Manchin as Kavanaugh merely on temperament and whack-job conspiracy theories is unfit for the bench, be it the SCOTUS or the one he sits on now. Having said that I can grudgingly live with it or put another way its not at the top of my radar. With 50 votes assured he's not the deciding factor, and I saw it written last week by a GOP operative that if he votes Yes on Kavanaugh they're taking the race off the board and concentrating elsewhere because the GOP opponent is too far down in the polls. As I often say, the worst Democrat (say Manchin) is better than the best Republican (the formerly "moderate" Collins). One voted for tax theft. The other voted against it. Some people on the left are going to be tempted to prop up Murkowski now as the token "Republican We Admire" now that McCain has passed and Collins' true nature is finally revealed. However, I wouldn't trust her either while admiring her vote against Kavanaugh.
            Those three worked this all out days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Why do you hate women?
              I hate everyone
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                If his vote doesn't matter, I don't give a Fark. Let him get political cover at home.
                I get that. I wouldn't have had any problem if Murkowski was a yes and he would be the 52nd vote. There would have been some political cost to confirming a Supreme Court Justice with a tie breaker from the vice president. Manchin saved them from that.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                  I get that. I wouldn't have had any problem if Murkowski was a yes and he would be the 52nd vote. There would have been some political cost to confirming a Supreme Court Justice with a tie breaker from the vice president. Manchin saved them from that.
                  Cost in reminding R voters that holding the White House REALLY matters

Comment

Thank you Senator Collins for not letting out of state money influence you.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I imagine Bart, PJ, Squi, Timmy, and Donkey Dong Doug are shotgunning some brewskis about now.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post

Why does the DCCC support this clown? He can't even do the bare minimum of not aiding and abetting fascism.
                        He had no reason not to vote Yes.. his vote didn't matter and it helps him politically. My guess is he cleared it with Schumer.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          I figured as much when Manchin was allowed to vote AFTER Collins and Flake declared. If you were trying to screw him, as I'm sure Itch would have liked to do, you'd make him vote when it was still up in the air. Manchin is in regular contact with Chump and they've been talking on this issue over the last few days according to Manchin himself. I suspect for the benefit of having 1 Dem vote Chump told Itch to F off and allow Manchin to pull his little Hamlet act. Works out for him but if I was the GOP nominee in West Virginia I'd be pretty PO'd right now.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Thank you Drew for being a troll.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Agreed.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                You don't even live in Maine, right?
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X